AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-10-16, 08:17   Link #1461
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Oh man...青空の見える丘 is AWESOME. Especially little tsuntsun deredere Hayami-chan.

<3!

This setup is just going to make me love feng and Yuzusoft all the more, since I have yet to continue with ExE, and I'm currently trying to find a copy of Braban. To the latter, I say, HA, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE, FINDING THAT WOULD BE QUITE NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE!

;__; Why does Yuzusoft and feng have to have such good games?

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2007-10-16 at 08:38.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 15:08   Link #1462
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
AND devil on G string is rescheduled for next year....

Sounds like another suigetsu to me.
It's closer to Sakura Musubi with it's slice-of-life theme, and yeah Garden got delayed till January aswell.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 19:12   Link #1463
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
and I'm currently trying to find a copy of Braban. To the latter, I say, HA, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE, FINDING THAT WOULD BE QUITE NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE!
I have Braban.

But I do not have 青空の見える丘. I think I'll make it the next one I go look for.
Old 2007-10-16, 19:29   Link #1464
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

It. Is. Awesome.

Pic related!
Old 2007-10-16, 20:35   Link #1465
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Is that Iori?!?

EDIT: Never knew she was such a tsundere! I only have feng's latest work, あかね色に染まる坂.
Old 2007-10-16, 20:53   Link #1466
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, I commented about Akane-iro ni somaru saka a few months ago (I quite liked it), but the sudden revival of interest in Aozora no mieru oka confirms my initial thought: I'd definitely like to give it a try too. If it's anything like Akane-iro, I'm sure I'll like it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 21:50   Link #1467
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
The VA may have been miscast for the PC version, but the scenario was there since the PS2 version that coincided with the anime. I felt it was a decent scenario, same with Mami's route. And I definitely consider the games canon moreso than the anime version.

Besides, you're supposed to consider the entire package, even if most of it was already released before.
I haven't played the PS2 version (though I really wish I had before I played the PC version...) so the anime version of Mami and Tomoko are canon in my perspective. Add in the fact that I am a huge Tomoko fan and you can generally see how disappointed I am with the PC version and F&C in general. _| ̄|O (lol, don't get me started on Akai Canvas...)

Quote:
So I've heard. But to me, a plot that invokes strong emotions in the reader is reflective of a decent scenario, rather than a bad one. We can't always have everything go nicely, right?
I definitely agree, drama is a staple product for eroge. Still, Hoshiful didn't quite use it in the right way. Instead of creating angst for the protagonist/reader, the writer scripted the story in such a way that it pulls the reader into full on murderous state. I was literally at the point where I wish there was a gun icon which I can click on every time I see 'him'.

The protagonist is also a complete へたれ, which just adds to the high levels of irritation when playing this game. In the end, I just couldn't enjoy the scenario for what good it is. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
Arr, don't say that when my copy is still shipping. Still, I didn't expect anything more than a comedy with ero. It was pretty apparent they were going for that from the campaign.
Haha, I see someone has played the demo already ^^;

[Rant]
I was one of many fans who wished it wasn't true, that instead they would go for something with more story and character development like Nanatsuiro Drops or a mix in between like Peace@Pieces (both I really loved). The setting of Alice in Wonderland has so much potential for a great adaptation, but they failed to utilize much of the actual story besides the character designs and initial setting in the story.

Alice Parade fails at that point, but it does excel in what it was meant to be, a lighthearted comedy. The SD CG-scenes are very funny, the dialog is fast and full of gags, throughs, and tsukommis. All the characters have a unique charm that easily sets them apart from your normal eroge fare (Luna! <3). The music is composed by the same person who done Nanatsuiro Drops and Peace@Pieces so it is very good.

Noizo Ito has again pushed every otaku button with her amazing character designs. While a bit more outrageous than her previous work, it does fit well with the fantasy setting used. My only complaint is the lack of event CGs in certain key scenes that could have benefited greatly with one. Sadly, it seems that much of the CG in this game is dedicated to ero content ;_;
[/end rant]

To summarize, Alice Parade is a good game as long as you don't have expectations of a pure love story. XD

Btw, have you played Nanatsuiro Drops:Pure yet? I'm still waiting on first impressions of Flora and Satsuki's route, but no I know one seems to have played it yet or are just too lazy to share their thoughts~

Quote:
Oh man...青空の見える丘 is AWESOME. Especially little tsuntsun deredere Hayami-chan.
The real star of the game is Nonoka <3

I have yet to finish Akaneiro, but it is just as good as Aozora, if not slightly better if you add the fact that Mikoto is a capturable heroine once you complete all scenarios ^^
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 07:52   Link #1468
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Haha, I see someone has played the demo already ^^;

Btw, have you played Nanatsuiro Drops:Pure yet? I'm still waiting on first impressions of Flora and Satsuki's route, but no I know one seems to have played it yet or are just too lazy to share their thoughts~
Nope. I just opened it to see if it was compatible with AGTH (which it is; /X command). Still need that to improve my vocab. ^^;

I wanted to go for Nanatsuiro Drops: Pure, but the price tag was kind of intimidating. I have the original so I don't worry too much about it. Besides, Flora is not my type. Cooldere are a bit overrated, to be honest. Then there's that other Prima Plam character whose designs were very cute, but the lack of ero is... arr. ^^;
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 11:44   Link #1469
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Nope. I just opened it to see if it was compatible with AGTH (which it is; /X command). Still need that to improve my vocab. ^^;

I wanted to go for Nanatsuiro Drops: Pure, but the price tag was kind of intimidating. I have the original so I don't worry too much about it. Besides, Flora is not my type. Cooldere are a bit overrated, to be honest. Then there's that other Prima Plam character whose designs were very cute, but the lack of ero is... arr. ^^;
I really should try this AGTH at some point. I imagine it'd save a lot of time in kanji lookups, at the very least. Seems like the hooking has improved a lot since "back in the day", though I imagine you still need something like Atlas for any amount of speed. Anyway, I'll have to look into it...

And I did order Nanatsuiro Drops: Pure, but who knows when I'll actually get around to it. Plus seeing as I never actually played the original, it'll be all new for me. So... if it turns out I'm the only one who bought it, impressions may take a while.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 16:04   Link #1470
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
I haven't played the PS2 version (though I really wish I had before I played the PC version...) so the anime version of Mami and Tomoko are canon in my perspective. Add in the fact that I am a huge Tomoko fan and you can generally see how disappointed I am with the PC version and F&C in general. _| ̄|O (lol, don't get me started on Akai Canvas...)
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree for now then. (At least until I finish off Hoshiful and see if I go on a tyrant rage like others seem to be. )

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-17, 16:06   Link #1471
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
I got it too, even shelled out for the LE set with the Sumomo figure.

No idea when I'll actually get around to playing it, though. It all depends on if I'm playing anything else when our broken bigscreen TV gets replaced. :/
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 03:50   Link #1472
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Gave in and used AGTH + ATLAS for my translation needs. Wow, is it just me or am I enjoying my eroges more?!

I CAN FINALLY FINISH PEACE@PIECES AND EVERYTHING ELSE AND BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING (or most of) WHAT'S GOING ON! YAY!
Old 2007-10-18, 04:12   Link #1473
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Wow, is it just me or am I enjoying my eroges more?!
I'd say anyone using AGTH + <whatever> should know a good deal of Japanese already. After that, the learning actually begins. ATLAS can only get you so far. Dealing with puns, jokes, all those things that make eroge draw out emotion need a solid foundation of language experience to comprehend, something software translation can do very little about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Seems like the hooking has improved a lot since "back in the day", though I imagine you still need something like Atlas for any amount of speed.
ATLAS offers some very awkward translation choices from time to time, so you'll need to look in other sources for other translation possibilities. If you're confident about your Japanese and only need to look up certain words, you can just single out the words you don't understand and use WWWJDIC or something.

EDIT: Also received ALICE Parade today. Box is thick. <_<

Last edited by cyth; 2007-10-18 at 05:47.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 08:51   Link #1474
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
I'd say anyone using AGTH + <whatever> should know a good deal of Japanese already. After that, the learning actually begins. ATLAS can only get you so far. Dealing with puns, jokes, all those things that make eroge draw out emotion need a solid foundation of language experience to comprehend, something software translation can do very little about.

ATLAS offers some very awkward translation choices from time to time, so you'll need to look in other sources for other translation possibilities. If you're confident about your Japanese and only need to look up certain words, you can just single out the words you don't understand and use WWWJDIC or something.
Yep, pretty much. I'm not relying on it for 100% accuracy: I'm just using it to try and decipher what they're trying to say, then form the gist of it by checking the actual Japanese sentence/s.
Old 2007-10-19, 15:40   Link #1475
mr_winkie
Producer

Text-catching programs like Anime Games Text Hooker and ATLAS have worked well for me (for the most part, anyways) and as long as I get the basic picture of what's going on plot-wise, I'm fine. It's no substitute for actually being able to read/understand Japanese, though and I'm still probably missing out some important bits of info relevant to a character's scenario/plot.

And going back to the original topic, 'Sorauta' by Frontwing and 'Tomoyo After' by Key have been my latest diversions, though I'll admit for the latter I'm still not a hundred percent on what's going on (even after finishing it my first time through).

*Oh, and hi, I'm new here - please to meet you all*
mr_winkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 09:16   Link #1476
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Posting a little something aside the current thread topic...

Caramel Box's Yarukibako 2

Yep. Seems like one fandisc wasn't enough. It has extra scenarios for 5 Caramel Box games, including Shuumatsu Gensou Alicematic and the more known one... Otoboku. Almost all of them include a new character or two, I think. Also, really nice wallpapers on their Download page...

Oh yeah, one of wallpapers contains Mizuho. Meh. o_O
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 17:13   Link #1477
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Blargh.

I tried to put that out of my mind, but it continues to try and grab my attention...

...the prospect of an extra Alicematic scenario is too much to resist. ._.;;

my money~ ;0;
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 17:22   Link #1478
Moonlith

Perhaps not a bad idea to ask it here as well

Would anyone be able to suggest a decent yaoi-aimed ero game, preferably freeware?

That aside, would anyone know of an ero-themed online interactive text-based RPG?
Moonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 18:31   Link #1479
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
Blargh.

I tried to put that out of my mind, but it continues to try and grab my attention...

...the prospect of an extra Alicematic scenario is too much to resist. ._.;;

my money~ ;0;
Sayane! Man, I'm going to go crazy if they added more scenes with her.
Old 2007-10-20, 23:51   Link #1480
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlith View Post
Perhaps not a bad idea to ask it here as well

Would anyone be able to suggest a decent yaoi-aimed ero game, preferably freeware?
The must-play BL games are Togainu no Chi and Lamento, both by Nitro+ Chiral. Neither is freeware, though. (On a side note, Togainu is getting an all-ages PS2 re-release this November.) If you hunt around, you might be able to find some free doujin BL games... I can't really think of anything off the top of my head, though.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel