AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-23, 09:13   Link #501
Rei.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Well I had mentioned earlier that the animation staff are probably having fun with Hibino, the fact that the manga-ka made her size so big makes it animation fodder, especially when the budget doesn't spend so much time animating them, which I believe is why her size seems to change so much because we don't see them bounce, they've been static for a large part of this series :heh
I think it would have been a bad idea to go as far as having them bounce, actually ... the sheer size of the things already kills the character a little to me. I mean, she has the bust size of a character from a fanservice based show, like Queen's Blade or Qwaser. It looks so out of place. Don't get me wrong, I like the bewbs as much as the next guy, but only when it's on topic, or when it serves a purpose design wise. Take Shizuka from HOTD for instance. Not only the show is heavily ecchi, but she's meant to be a joke character, so having those bouncing around actually reinforces that feeling.
Hibino has the same size while trying to be a serious character, but they are so big it's hard to take her seriously.

Oh well, thanks to KilluaX90 I was proved wrong thinking the anime was actually adding irrelevant stuff, so it seems they are just being faithful to what the author did. I still think he could have made Hibino a big chested character without having them being such unrealistically big.
Rei.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 09:40   Link #502
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I swear her breasts are the last thing on my mind when I watch this show. You are looking at the wrong things.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 10:00   Link #503
Rei.K

Good point.
Old 2011-08-23, 10:31   Link #504
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei.K View Post
I think it would have been a bad idea to go as far as having them bounce, actually ... the sheer size of the things already kills the character a little to me. I mean, she has the bust size of a character from a fanservice based show, like Queen's Blade or Qwaser. It looks so out of place. Don't get me wrong, I like the bewbs as much as the next guy, but only when it's on topic, or when it serves a purpose design wise. Take Shizuka from HOTD for instance. Not only the show is heavily ecchi, but she's meant to be a joke character, so having those bouncing around actually reinforces that feeling.
Hibino has the same size while trying to be a serious character, but they are so big it's hard to take her seriously.
That's the strange part for me, about why it's so fun to look at Hibino (I'm a bit of a magnet for strangeness). The fact they are so big, and yet from what I recall they have never bounced at all, makes it.... look odd. Science dictates that they should bounce, and yet they don't. But theory says that perhaps her bra is so sturdy it will be a first for Anime

Good comparison with Shizuka from HoTD, and I think that's what's also working for Hibino in regards to the bounciness. Hibino is surrounded by seriousness, and the main character that she's rather close with, he doesn't spend his time ogling her big ones, nor has he even been filling his head with fantasies about them in recent times.

Which does prove your point, because every character is acting like she doesn't have the world's biggest boobies, which then asks a big question, did they have to be that big?
Quote:
Oh well, thanks to KilluaX90 I was proved wrong thinking the anime was actually adding irrelevant stuff, so it seems they are just being faithful to what the author did. I still think he could have made Hibino a big chested character without having them being such unrealistically big.
Which leads me to answer that question with a theory. With Hibino having as big a chest as that, and the fact that up to this point in the manga they have hardly ever been a focal point, maybe the manga-ka is actually heavily involved with the anime production. It would make sense, because I'm sure if the manga-ka wouldn't be a voice in the animation side, these animators would really have given Hibino some bounce.

Or it's just wishful thinking, that I would like for the manga-ka to be heavily involved with the anime, as that would mean an ending would come from him, and not entirely up to the director.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I swear her breasts are the last thing on my mind when I watch this show. You are looking at the wrong things.
So I'm looking at the wrong things, eh?

*looks at Utao-chan*

That better?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 11:02   Link #505
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Pedo.

/joking

Everyone should be looking at Kyohei's well hidden gonads that Aki's trying to expose.

//joking
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 13:36   Link #506
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol at Utao trying to smile. Just her luck that there was a typhoon when she wanted to go to the beach. At least she's improving at being a seki, nice saving Hibino like that. Enjoyed Kyohei telling Hibino's dad to turn it into a cosplay cafe then he was laughing then got real serious. Interesting seeing Aki so soon, so they can keep the kakashi half invisible now. So Kyohei quit because he was scared of what he might do like how Aki snapped. Still don't know why Aki is trying to make him snap though.
Old 2011-08-23, 13:54   Link #507
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Not a great episode. Nothing really interesting happened. I don't undertand the need of an episode like that when there are only 5 episode left...

If at least it was used to develop Kyohei and Hibino relationship but no, not even that >_>

I hope the next one will be better.

I think Aki is trying to make him snap because he knows that Kyohei is the best Seki. So, by making him snap he hopes that Kyohei will take revenge on the village and destroy them. Or maybe he just don't like him and want him to suffer as much as him.

And those who said Aki should be the main chara can't be serious. The story isn't around Aki but around Utao and Kyohei. That's all.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 14:32   Link #508
EroKing

Spoiler for Episode 8 Gifs:

Hibino Bikini Stitch (could be better >.>)

Old 2011-08-23, 14:44   Link #509
Rei.K

I think Episode 8 was actually much better than I was expecting it to be, considering topping the previous ep was going to be a difficult task.
First thing I'd like to say is this show is really unpredictable : First time I see what could have been seen as a beach episode without the beach part. Yet they still managed to show Hibino in a bikini (my favourite color happens to be red too, yay!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Not a great episode. Nothing really interesting happened. I don't undertand the need of an episode like that when there are only 5 episode left...
If at least it was used to develop Kyohei and Hibino relationship but no, not even that >_>
I wouldn't be so pessimistic ... we still got some interesting character developpement regarding Kyohei by getting more insight about what he's actually thinking. I may be wrong but I think this might be the first time we ever got such a clear view of what's going on in his head, and that's a bit overdue if you ask me, as the character definitely needed it.
Wasn't it also great to have Hibino react and voice her opinion for once instead of just being a spectator ? Great piece of dialog between her and Aki, I had been waiting for them to get a chance to speak without Kyohei being there, I think she handled it pretty well, especially when asked about her feelings. I almost expected her to blush and deny, I was delighted at her answer
It's a shame Kyohei had to let his beta side take over during the last scene though. The falling on Hibino thus leading to a classic awkward blushing scene wasn't needed, in my opinion.

We also got a nice reveal about the Kakashis, didn't we ? I wouldn't be too harsh on this ep.
It was a decent, although the first part was definitely not necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

cute!
I usually am quite oblivious to Utao, but this time I have to admit I HGNNN'd like crazy during that part. Great gifs sir.
Old 2011-08-23, 15:09   Link #510
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei.K View Post
although the first part was definitely not necessary.
I disagree with this. I believe that the first part was designed to refute Aki's claim that the dolls are inherently incapable of doing good things because they have human hearts and therefore darkness built into them. The first part showed us that a good heart can lead to a good doll just as Kyouhei told Utao later in the episode.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 15:27   Link #511
Rei.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I disagree with this. I believe that the first part was designed to refute Aki's claim that the dolls are inherently incapable of doing good things because they have human hearts and therefore darkness built into them. The first part showed us that a good heart can lead to a good doll just as Kyouhei told Utao later in the episode.
I hadn't considered this ... that actually makes good sense, nice catch.
Old 2011-08-23, 15:57   Link #512
Nvis
Where are the good animes

When is my girl(claimed) going to appear? Episode 8 already!

Don't tell me she's the final antagonist(in this season)?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 16:47   Link #513
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 8 wasn't as good as Episode 7, but then, I didn't expect it to be. We've had a string of action-packed and/or very intense episodes lately, so I'm not surprised we had a (mostly) lighthearted break from that with Episode 8.

At the very least, Episode 8 was decently fast-paced, as its comedy bits weren't overplayed and there were lots of scene transitions making everything feel a bit lively even though not much of great consequence was happening.

Utao continues to be a very likable and amusing character for me. I think the anime has hit just the right note with her.

A few specific elements I liked:

1) Hinted at being a beach episode... and then subverted that beautifully. A common anime trope being subverted is a rare really refreshing treat indeed, so I was gratified to see it here.

2) Hibino playing a "normal person" role to contrast with these Sekai crazies. I like how Hibino's short inner monologue bit reflects what most normal people probably would think if in her shoes (i.e. 'How did I ever get mixed up with all these dangerous maniacs?' ). Anime sometimes seems to lack self-awareness over just how strange some of its characters and plot events are, so its good for Hibino to be someone who can kind of stand-in for the viewer that way.

3) Aki was used well in this episode. This anime has done a good job of making the viewer think 'Business is about to pick up!' whenever Aki appears onscreen.

Anyway, good and solid Episode 8. Looking forward to Episode 9.
Old 2011-08-23, 18:10   Link #514
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Pedos

Two things:
  • Anyone not distracted by Hibino's D->E->F... tits is a pedo
  • I guess ep.7 was the exception to an otherwise mediocre (at best) show
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 18:23   Link #515
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Pedos

Two things:[LIST][*]Anyone not distracted by Hibino's D->E->F... tits is a pedo
Well, they could just be attracted to men...
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 19:26   Link #516
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

lol at Utao telling Kyouhei a cheater

Looks like next episode will be an interesting one.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 19:36   Link #517
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
lol at Utao telling Kyouhei a cheater

Looks like next episode will be an interesting one.
Utao a confirmed bro-con?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 20:33   Link #518
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
It's been a few episodes, but this was hardly the first hint that she has at least some sort of possessive complex for him. Guessing that's all it is, though.

I laughed at the beach episode fake-out. Hope the dude who owns that beach house has typhoon insurance.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 20:53   Link #519
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Checking out the last couple episodes in a row has been good. Damn what happened with that Sensei really was not quite in my expectations. That she had such a past and then ended up sleeping with Aki. Certainly answered my repeated questions when watching early as to why she didn't just hurry up and leave that village. There really wasn't anywhere for her to comfortably go since that stigma would continue following her.

Terrible situation for Aki. His dog gets killed and sensei got raped and sacrificed herself to save his life. It's no wonder when finally Kuramitsuha responded him he just killed everyone there. No love for anyone in that village after all. Then he gets locked up while Kyouhei ditches his Seki seat and leaves the village.

The next episode was mixed. Interesting to meet up with Aki again right after that flashback. No chance that Aki is going to just ignore Kyouhei. At least seems to think he could do the same in terms of taking over Kukuri by pure will. Though I'm sure it's more than just that and probably ties into the first scene of the series.

Makes sense for Utao to believe that kakashi exist to help people and for good things. Though hard to believe when they are controlled by a village that is so dark. Can't think those people think about the kakashi being used for general good. Though anyways good luck telling Aki to go back to the village so he can be locked away for the rest of his life.

Things should get crazy again. Have that detective snooping, the arrival of the Aki hunting squad, and of course Aki himself out there.
Old 2011-08-23, 21:31   Link #520
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Which does prove your point, because every character is acting like she doesn't have the world's biggest boobies, which then asks a big question, did they have to be that big?

Which leads me to answer that question with a theory. With Hibino having as big a chest as that, and the fact that up to this point in the manga they have hardly ever been a focal point, maybe the manga-ka is actually heavily involved with the anime production. It would make sense, because I'm sure if the manga-ka wouldn't be a voice in the animation side, these animators would really have given Hibino some bounce.
Well, I'd just chalk it up to faithful adaptation and manga-ka's tastes...
It's actually not ignored in-universe.
Quite a few characters comment (usually in their minds) on Hibino's assets when they first meet, and some even refer to her as the large chested woman.
Too bad the anime won't reach a certain bath scene down the road... Not this season anyway.
As for bouncing, I guess the anime is prioritizing its budget towards animating kakashi action instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So Kyohei quit because he was scared of what he might do like how Aki snapped. Still don't know why Aki is trying to make him snap though.
Actually Kyouhei did snap. The anime cut short Kyouhei's flashback but there's a slight continuation which highlights why Kyouhei gave up being a Seki.
I suppose Aki believes that once Kyouhei stops rejecting his own dark side they can be close friends once again. For sure, Aki believes that he would be unstoppable with Kyouhei by his side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Just faithful adaptation I guess. They really do try to keep all the jokes and gags from the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
When is my girl(claimed) going to appear? Episode 8 already!

Don't tell me she's the final antagonist(in this season)?
I'd say end of Episode 9, definitely by Episode 10 for sure.
Probably, that would be the best way to end the season with a bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Pretty much. In Episode 5, Utao's first priority was separating Kyouhei from Hibino before dealing with Kirio. That's only one of many instances when Utao gets flustered when Kyouhei gets too close to other females.
Next episode will have another hilarious bro-con moment as Utao declares victory (prematurely) in her mind...
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen