AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-25, 05:22   Link #21
ditn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm tempted to dismiss this, but I know I shouldn't. I dismissed Hikaru no Go for years until some persuaded me to watch it, and I was shocked how great it was. Can anyone compare this to another series I might know, either in terms of quality or style?
I would go as far to say that you must watch it!
Im confident you will like since we have +- the same taste of anime.
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 13:20   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'll probably brush up on the manga and give this a watch. It'll be interesting to see what angle they take with the new show.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 20:56   Link #23
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
If Madhouse is doing the animation is could be really good or not so good Chaos Head anyone XD From reading the ad on the comic it says series....so I don't think they will be OVAs...
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 21:07   Link #24
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
If Madhouse is doing the animation is could be really good or not so good Chaos Head anyone XD From reading the ad on the comic it says series....so I don't think they will be OVAs...
I don't see the reference to Madhouse MisaoFan posted...am I missing something?

EDIT: oh wait, I just looked at the 2ch copy pasta in the link. Here's the (supposed) staff listing:

Director: Kawajiri Yoshiaki
Assistant Director: Masuhara Mitsuyuki
Series Composition: Hanada Jukki
Character Design: Minowa Yutaka
Chief Animation Director: Abe Hisashi, Miyamae Shinichi
Music: Ike Yoshihiro
Animation Production: Madhouse

Holy shit...

It will also apparently air at 9am Sundays. Competing with Toriko? Or is Toriko being canned on Fuji TV or being moved to a different slot?

Last edited by Suzuku; 2011-07-25 at 21:29.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 21:45   Link #25
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

As soon as I think about tapering my anime indulgence I gotta here cool $hit like this...

My only hope and or potential gripe is if they draw the new series in the same Yugioh-esque style of the previous final season...The earlier seasons were super gritty, which was great...The last season, while still entertaining, was more of a kiddie card game...I hope this new series will embrace the darker tone of the first seasons...
Old 2011-07-25, 22:04   Link #26
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Better, you READ.
I thought the quality of the anime is much better than the manga...am I wrong? I never managed to read the arc after Greed Island so this anime is definitely a good news to me.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 22:20   Link #27
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's hard to find any series that can be compared to it, in the same way it was hard to do it for JoJo too. Up to the end of the Greed Island arc, it was one of the best shounen manga around. Togashi have laid a set of rules regarding his local power system (nen) and have been consistent with them. It result in battles that are won by wits and planning rather than the general "I POWER UP AND SHOOT BIGGER LAZERS!" brute force.

The cast is also likeable, you will always have someone to like among the protagonists. And on the villain side, you have the Phantom Brigade, one of the few villainous examples of a nakama, that is still cherished by the fans.

It's worth a read, really.

^The second season when Kurapica turns...I'd put that up against anything in shonen-fighter...Yu Yu Hakusho is still better IMO for varying reasons (One being it has perhaps the greatest villain of alltime in Shinobu Sensui--who it seems Geinen Ryodan's character design was lifted from in some ways--the other reason being it actually concludes), but Kurapica vs. the Spiders arc had some of my biggest holy $hit moments in all my shonen watching days...In terms of following and incorporating a very strict power-level based system...It has no rival (Maybe Naruto, but Naruto's chakra based system can never be explained in as exquisite fashion as the Nen-system, nevermind the fact that the strictness to that system disappears for shonen-coolness) ...
Old 2011-07-26, 04:34   Link #28
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I'm tempted to dismiss this, but I know I shouldn't. I dismissed Hikaru no Go for years until some persuaded me to watch it, and I was shocked how great it was. Can anyone compare this to another series I might know, either in terms of quality or style?
Man.. you really need to watch this and Ippo...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 05:27   Link #29
ditn

Quote:
I'll probably brush up on the manga and give this a watch. It'll be interesting to see what angle they take with the new show.
its weird to say this but the anime is better than the manga
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 06:03   Link #30
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post

Director: Kawajiri Yoshiaki
Please tell me this is not a lie. Please tell me this is not a lie. Please tell me this is not a lie. Please tell me this is not a lie. Please tell me this is not a lie. Please tell me this is not a lie. Please tell me this is not a lie. Please tell me this is not a lie. Please tell me this is not a lie. Please tell me this is not a lie.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 06:13   Link #31
tsunade666

What so bad with director Kawajiri Yoshiaki?
Old 2011-07-26, 06:14   Link #32
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What so bad with director Kawajiri Yoshiaki?
? He's saying that he hopes Kawajiri is the director, not that he's bad.
Old 2011-07-26, 06:27   Link #33
tsunade666

ah okay. I understand. I didn't understand it because it's a repetitive please tell me this is not a lie.
Old 2011-07-26, 07:41   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If anything, this news makes me hopeful the ant arc will come to a close soon in the manga, perhaps even during Togashi's next run starting next month.

Not sure I'll watch the new anime as I didn't like the ant arc that much. It will at the very least be worth watching to finally see that story decently drawn. About half of the ant arc consisted of scribbles in the manga (thankfully it's gotten better lately).
Old 2011-07-26, 16:16   Link #35
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
It will also apparently air at 9am Sundays. Competing with Toriko? Or is Toriko being canned on Fuji TV or being moved to a different slot?
I find it hard to believe that it is replacing Toriko. That timeslot has long been held by Toei Animation for the past two decades. In fact, I don't believe that a non-Toei anime has ever aired on there since Fuji TV started using it for anime.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 21:14   Link #36
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^The second season when Kurapica turns...I'd put that up against anything in shonen-fighter...Yu Yu Hakusho is still better IMO for varying reasons (One being it has perhaps the greatest villain of alltime in Shinobu Sensui--who it seems Geinen Ryodan's character design was lifted from in some ways--the other reason being it actually concludes), but Kurapica vs. the Spiders arc had some of my biggest holy $hit moments in all my shonen watching days...In terms of following and incorporating a very strict power-level based system...It has no rival (Maybe Naruto, but Naruto's chakra based system can never be explained in as exquisite fashion as the Nen-system, nevermind the fact that the strictness to that system disappears for shonen-coolness) ...
While Yu Yu Hakusho had pretty awesome characters it was no where near as good as HxH when it came to fights. Yu Yu fights are really straight forward, no brainers. Almost no tactic involved. It's basically the stronger guy/girl wins. And it has freaking random power ups. While HxH is smart and has a very good power balance. That's why I almost couldn't believe that Togashi wrote Yu Yu, cause they're both so different when it comes to fights. HxH is definitely a big step up from Yu Yu if you ask me.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 22:22   Link #37
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Different shows have different concepts and different prisms to achieve their vision...HxH was for more diverse and complex in it's adventurous nature and worldview...And again it's power based nen system is probably the best explanation for the usage of abilities in all of shonen-fighter, but YuYu hakusho was more than just the many epic fights...It was one of the most expressive shonen-animes of all time...It's expressionism just can't be rivaled IMO, and the revelation that the descendant of the most powerful demon was the hero of mankind while the chosen hero of humanity fought for the realm of the demons was one of the most shocking turnabouts in the genre's history...It's something that's never been done in shonen-fighter (Well unless BLEACH tries to steal it one day)...

Now you take this character who was meant to be a protector of the human world and have him turn on mankind in such a sharp almost divine way and you have one of the most compelling showdowns of ideals in this genre...HxH while a great journey, never had that layer of involving all of humanity...

I'd say YuYu is a big step up from a show that, while I loved, it's final impression is that of Noah Kaiba's CG card game world in yugioh...Chapter Black has that beat IMO...

I do hope this new show isn't as upbeat and aesthetically pleasing as the last series and OVA...HxH is best with the darker tone...
Old 2011-07-27, 22:56   Link #38
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I do hope this new show isn't as upbeat and aesthetically pleasing as the last series and OVA...HxH is best with the darker tone...
If the staff listing is true this seems likely.
Old 2011-07-27, 23:40   Link #39
tyciol
*Artist

I hope for a continuation also. I'd watch a revamp since it's so good but I really want to know how the manga turned out. Kind of left in Limbo after Greed Island.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 09:45   Link #40
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Airs on Nippon TV at 10:55am on October 2nd. Confirms Madhouse is the production studio as well. The rumors were more or less spot on then, with the only difference being the rumors had 9am rather than 11am, which isn't that big a difference. This ups the chances of the rumored staff being correct as well.

EDIT: Officially confirmed to be a complete remake.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ory-from-start

Real staff listing:
http://www.madhouse.co.jp/news/news_...#news2011_0802

Director: Kohjina Hiroshi (Rainbow)
Series Composition: Maekawa Atsushi (Prince of Tennis, Bakugan)
Character Design: Yoshimatsu Takahiro (Kuruneko, Slayers Great, Slayers Return, Supernatural, Trigun, Nyanpire)
Producer: Nakatani Toshio (Death Note, NANA, Kaiji)

Last edited by Suzuku; 2011-08-01 at 11:13.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen