AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-13, 22:11   Link #1
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Worst Video Game Endings

Which games had endings that you felt wasn't satisfying, anti-climatic, or just outright suck!

Recent for me: In Growlanser 3, I picked Yayoi as the ending pair and got completely boned, and not in a good way. Long story short, she's basically saying "shouldn't you just die already" , I'm just left with a wtf...

I'll come up with more endings as I remember them.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 06:26   Link #2
Socke
Banned

Spoiler for Medal of Honor: Allied Assault:
Socke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 06:58   Link #3
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

The original Shinobi for the Sega Master System. You beat the final boss, see the document on him being classified, only to be followed by "GAME OVER".
Old 2010-05-14, 07:45   Link #4
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Both Knights of the Old Republic games. I actually think the light side ending of the first was worse than the second.

Spoiler:

Oh and of course Halo 2. Finish the fight...later. (I know it's the second game of a trilogy but that was just unbelievably lazy).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 08:02   Link #5
Nemesis Zone
No Escape

Resident Evil 5.

Spoiler for Resident Evil 5 Ending:
Nemesis Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 09:14   Link #6
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Recent for me: In Growlanser 3, I picked Yayoi as the ending pair and got completely boned, and not in a good way. Long story short, she's basically saying "shouldn't you just die already" , I'm just left with a wtf...
Odd, I don't remember Yayoi's ending to be memorable (not exactly the most amusing heroine in gl3) but I don't remember it being that bad. Non-Homunculus ending maybe? I sorta remember those were sorta, out there to say the least; cept Remy's that was sorta awesome last minute character development for her. But given Yayoi's character and background, and the main characters... I sorta see it being like that in a different context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Zone View Post
Resident Evil 5.

Spoiler for Resident Evil 5 Ending:
Spoiler for RE5:

back on topic; Sudeki, just Sudeki. They show this little backstory animation (if that) at the start of the game, and then after killing the final boss the game just ends with it. No closure, no last hoorah, nada; game end with a silly book end approach executed poorly.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 09:31   Link #7
james0246

I forget which one, but one of the Super Mario Games ends by showing Mario sleeping in a bed, before he wakes up and it is revealed that the entire game was a dream...(another Super Mario Game also had a shitty ending; you save the Princess, and she immediatly asks you to do it all over again...Ghouls ‘n’ Ghosts did the same thing...really pissed me off).

Recently, Fable 2 had kind of a fuck-you ending...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 11:43   Link #8
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
Odd, I don't remember Yayoi's ending to be memorable (not exactly the most amusing heroine in gl3) but I don't remember it being that bad. Non-Homunculus ending maybe? I sorta remember those were sorta, out there to say the least; cept Remy's that was sorta awesome last minute character development for her. But given Yayoi's character and background, and the main characters... I sorta see it being like that in a different context.

It was the homunculus ending. After Slayn switches body, she says "You're not ready to die yet?" And you had three choices and she replies all three of them with what seems insulting. One of them was "If I went, I would miss you", she would flat out reject you with a "Romance with different spirit messengers would never work.", the other was "I guess I lived long enough..." and she replies "Well just wait out your bodies life span and you'll be dead soon enough"

I'm just left with a big WTF. She was even maxed out with effection and I did all the events properly too...

Spoiler for RE5:

back on topic; Sudeki, just Sudeki. They show this little backstory animation (if that) at the start of the game, and then after killing the final boss the game just ends with it. No closure, no last hoorah, nada; game end with a silly book end approach executed poorly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I forget which one, but one of the Super Mario Games ends by showing Mario sleeping in a bed, before he wakes up and it is revealed that the entire game was a dream...(another Super Mario Game also had a shitty ending; you save the Princess, and she immediatly asks you to do it all over again...Ghouls ‘n’ Ghosts did the same thing...really pissed me off).

It was the original NES Mario game that the princess told you to do it over again.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 11:57   Link #9
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

I vote for Bubble Bobble on single player.

You actually manage to beat the entire game and the final boss alone and BAM, bad ending.

(You are required to be playing 2 player to get the good ending).

Hold over from the arcade version, I suppose, but I can only imagine the hate if you got that the first time without being aware of it happening.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 12:03   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

thanks you! i was tryin to remember the worse one for me. yea Fable 2's ending blew.. alot of the game did.
Old 2010-05-14, 12:18   Link #11
Kafriel
Senior Guest

ALL of the Tekken 6 endings. I didn't kill a friggin ice demon to see Heihachi sent to space (wtf!?)!!!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 13:37   Link #12
Vegard Aune

Quote:
I forget which one, but one of the Super Mario Games ends by showing Mario sleeping in a bed, before he wakes up and it is revealed that the entire game was a dream...
That would be the American Super Mario Bros 2.

Anyway, I think the worst ending I've seen would have to be for the overall pretty horrible Spyro - Enter the Dragonfly. You fight the final boss, and as soon as his life-meter reaches 0, he just says "Argh! You might have defeated me this time, dragon, but I'll be back... Stronger than ever!"... Cue credits. Yeah, real nice conclusion there, guys. Now, like I said, the game as a whole was pretty terrible, (which is why I never played any of the later Spyro-games and prefer thinking that the series ended with Year of the Dragon) but sheesh. Ending the whole thing with the villain just SAYING "I am beaten"?
Old 2010-05-14, 20:24   Link #13
YUNERO

Ghostbuster NES. Black Screen which paragraphs of typos errors and grammar mistakes of words. No to mention the gameplay is suck ass
YUNERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 01:18   Link #14
Wrath88
Kissing...

Hmm, not that I played it, but what about Dream Club's Amane's ending? You court her and all, and end up going into friend territory while she marries her boyfriend.
Old 2010-05-16, 19:38   Link #15
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I was kinda peeved with the ending to Crysis.

Mmm for the life of me I can't think of other games that have had bad endings, I know there are others but just cant think of any.
Old 2010-05-16, 21:35   Link #16
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Bomberman for the NES. After going through so many levels and finally reaching the end, you are treated to a screen that says "Congratulations. You have succeeded in helping Bomberman to become a human being. Maybe you can recognize him in another Hudson Soft game. Good Bye." Basically, Bomberman changes into "Lode Runner", and that's it.

I'll post some more later on.
Old 2010-05-16, 21:41   Link #17
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Anyone remember the old Xbox RPG Sudeki? My friend played it through to the end, and I remember sitting there watching him beat the final boss, hoping for a decent ending. Didn't happen. After you beat the final boss, all you get is a reenactment of the very battle you just went through done with lame marionette/puppets. The game really has no proper ending. You go through the entire game and get not even a scrap of closure. That to me constitutes the worst kind of ending you can make for a game.
Old 2010-05-16, 21:41   Link #18
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Rogue Galaxy had a pretty awful and pointless ending, but the game as a whole was pretty awful to begin with.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 05:51   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
I vote for Bubble Bobble on single player.

You actually manage to beat the entire game and the final boss alone and BAM, bad ending.

(You are required to be playing 2 player to get the good ending).
I remember hearing about that, though never experienced it for myself. I always used to play the game back in the day with my older Brother.

I guess i can mention Shenmue 2's cliffhanger ending seeing as though we'll never get a third game.
Old 2010-05-17, 10:31   Link #20
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Radiata Stories...both ending made me want to shout, "ME WANT MORE FFFFFF" after I've finished it. The story is not so bad, but the way they make us thinks that there are more of the story made me want to rage.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote