AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-04, 09:58   Link #221
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
I think one important difference you guys are missing here is that jin ho is an adult. Of course one thing that I think most people keep forgetting is that korea has compullsory military service for males (hinted at right at the beginning when the two ladies are complaining about guys thier age) if you have ever watched any korean cinema (My sassy girl comes to mind) you might have seen this as a romantic angst theme or one that affects the male female dynamic, it seems to be that much older males and younger females are often paired because that is who ends up in college together.
Very true and it is quite common to see korean tv series in wich ppl with a huge gape in age get together... one that i can remember atm is"I am Sam" where a teacher (Sam in korean means teacher) falls in love with his student...
Old 2009-01-05, 09:45   Link #222
MTen

Great manga this one is. Though, I'm actually hoping that Jin-Ho ends up with either Ji-Soo or Jae-Kyung. As I find the teacher to be much more immature thatn both of them. As far as the age thing goes, it really doesn't matter to me. But they seem to fit his character more than Hae-Young IMO. Granted she looks better (physically), but I don't think that makes much of a difference to Jin-Ho in the first place.
Old 2009-02-11, 17:10   Link #223
noktown

So when do we get the final chapter 73 (I assume it is the last chapter or next to last) ?

And did it usually always take this long to release a chapter (Yep i found this manga today and red it all in 1 day :/)

Last edited by noktown; 2009-02-11 at 17:34.
Old 2009-02-11, 17:55   Link #224
CygnusX

Nono! This can't be the last chapter! There isn't a single running romance manga at the moment I like more than this one. Even the other running manhwa's of the same author don't come close. (Hint: name me some manga that u think is at least as good )

Now that the both of them finally don't lie to themselves any more and admit they like each other, I'd like to see their relation develop past this point. At the moment they have only talked about future potential problems in their life. They haven't actually experienced them for real yet but at least now they may be ready to deal with them by supporting each other.
Old 2009-02-11, 21:56   Link #225
Jarppa

Not for long time and c72 was last one in volume 9. I dont think that this one is going to end yet.

Next tankboun comes somewhere in april? orso so its long wait still ahead.
Old 2009-02-12, 02:03   Link #226
Man0warr

KMTS uses tanks, so until the next volume comes out no new chapters.
Old 2009-02-12, 04:48   Link #227
noktown

Hmm it seemed like an end to me,i mean when he comes back i was sure that,that teacher was going to loose her virginity,but if it's not the end it's fine with me ;d

So lemme get this straight they release full volumes every x months ?
Old 2009-02-12, 10:18   Link #228
Man0warr

Yes, whenever a certain amount of new chapters get released they make a new volume, can take 6-10 months though, as IM Dal Young is a busy man and sometimes doesn't have a chapter to release every month.
Old 2009-02-12, 22:23   Link #229
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
Yes, whenever a certain amount of new chapters get released they make a new volume, can take 6-10 months though, as IM Dal Young is a busy man and sometimes doesn't have a chapter to release every month.
I want to have his company's deadline mentality, not that i really now how the situation really is
Old 2009-02-13, 00:34   Link #230
Man0warr

He is the author of 6 or 7 manwha, and all are popular.
Old 2009-03-05, 10:13   Link #231
Zappa

Chapter 68 Help

I was wondering if anyone's read chapter 68 in volume 9 of the manga. If so I was wondering if I anyone knows what Jae-Kyung meant.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-05, 10:36   Link #232
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
I was wondering if anyone's read chapter 68 in volume 9 of the manga. If so I was wondering if I anyone knows what Jae-Kyung meant.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2009-03-06, 21:57   Link #233
Dark Mage

Can anyone interpret what Hae-Youngs thoughts mean in chapter 39 because it felt like she was narrating her life story to someone else about a love that didnt work out because of social barriers. Its kinda like how a grandma tells about her life to her grandchildren. So I was thinking that this all happened in Hae-Young's past and she was reminiscing about the dashing boy who made her fall for him. So I am confused if tis story is in the present or is it taking in the past. The reason for my thinking like this is, here are the llinks -

http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/unbalance2/11/39/22
http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/unbalance2/11/39/23

I have read all the chapters upto 72 and I know that she really has fallen in love with him but this is the part which made me confused. Dont you think Hae-Young is just simply thinking about the past? I hope its not like that though because I want to see everything work out between them but if its set in the past I think it didnt work out in the end from Hae-Young's thoughts. Any comments guys?
Old 2009-03-07, 00:34   Link #234
kujoe
from head to heel

Her thoughts of looking back could come from any point in the manga's present. It doesn't have to be an actual looking back from the far future per se. If it were a continuous narrative style, then perhaps this would be more plausible, but as it is it's just used as a means of dramatic emphasis. If memory serves me right, it isn't a recurring convention of the manhwa.

Moreover, it doesn't necessarily connote that her past was that of a failed albeit bittersweet relationship. In fact, if this narrative style is actually a flashback of Hae Young's, it only serves to drive the events forward by making the reader curious of past events even more. The end result is still pretty straightforward, as you still have to keep reading on in order to find out what will happen next. It's actually quite common as a storytelling technique.
Old 2009-03-07, 23:43   Link #235
Dark Mage

I just read chapter 65 again and found something interesting. It seems Hae-Young had someone called Yeonha that she liked in the past. Who do you think that is? Any guesses because it sounds like bad news for Jin-Ho. Here -

http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/unbalance2/11/65/18

And here I was thinking Hae-Young didnt trust any men after her father's betrayal but it turns out she was pretty devoted to that Yeonha guy if she didnt like anyone besides him. I wonder if e will make an appearence in the future chapters. It would really complicate things that are already so messed up

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-03-07 at 23:59.
Old 2009-04-16, 08:45   Link #236
gunseed

so are they goin to make a ch.73 or not T-T and it not like they say it was the end x( and it ben more then 5 month i think dat they didnt put a ch. T-T
Old 2009-04-16, 10:41   Link #237
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunseed View Post
so are they goin to make a ch.73 or not T-T and it not like they say it was the end x( and it ben more then 5 month i think dat they didnt put a ch. T-T
Ux2 is in hiatus. KMTS translated all avaliable chapters already.
Old 2009-04-16, 11:35   Link #238
gunseed

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
gimme the link plz :P
Old 2009-04-16, 12:24   Link #239
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
OMG I hate this fkin word seriously man.

Everything that i like is going on hiatus,even System of a down is on Hiatus <_<
Old 2009-04-16, 12:53   Link #240
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunseed View Post
gimme the link plz :P
That forum has policy to not link to scanlations/fansubs of licensed manga/anime. So I couldn't post such link. But there is a site - Baka Updates with a lots of informations about mangas. It's worth wisiting
Closed Thread

Tags
manhwa, romance