AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-11-10, 04:33   Link #281
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Can you pictures of them as well with their corresponding characters and series? I
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 07:06   Link #282
Mentar
Banned

I find it absolutely inexplicable that Shizuka Itou was omitted on all lists of the previous page. I have to admit that I'm biased, since she's usually voicing the characters I love the most, but I could listen to her reading the tokyo phonebook and not be bored for hours.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 19:20   Link #283
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
She is fantastic. She's the kind of performer who can save a show with her presence alone. (And she did for me, in both Infinte Stratos and Mayo Chiki.) She perfects moe.
I've heard about those two; Mayo Chiki seemed to be doing a lot better than Infinite Stratos, but still. She's got a voice for serious moments, along with hilarious and she can even be playful and devious at times. Let's not forget just how sweet her songs sound too.
Spoiler for Some spoilers/stuff:

Quote:
Kugimiya Rie used to be my favorite voice actress, and she really served as a great stepping stone into appreciating the industry as a whole. She's a bit of a one-note performer because she's type-cast more than anyone else, but at what she does; she's fantastic.
Queen of Tsundere, but so talented in that one aspect that she could play the same tsundere forever and I'd still be happy. She's sung too many songs to count as well.
Spoiler for Oh look, more!:

Quote:
Horie Yui is outstanding, and she's probably somewhere in my top three as well. Her strong, yet adorable, voice infuses such life into every character she voices. One of my very favorites; she never, ever disappoints. And yeah, boy can she sing!
Yeah, some of the best moments in anime come from her characters, and as per usual, she's sung some fantastic songs as well.
Spoiler for Jeez, here comes more:O:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I find it absolutely inexplicable that Shizuka Itou was omitted on all lists of the previous page. I have to admit that I'm biased, since she's usually voicing the characters I love the most, but I could listen to her reading the tokyo phonebook and not be bored for hours.
Ah yes, she's fantastic. She's done a TON of wonderful roles as well; she's still in my MAL favourites, but I thought I'd just mention around my absolute top picks. Let's spoiler tag some Shizuka Itou fun, hmm?
Spoiler for Songs since licensing is lulz:

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-11-11 at 16:23.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 08:00   Link #284
Noiek17

Lately I'm starting to like Ayana Taketatsu from K-ON!and MM!....
And I always love Yui Horie's voice same with Rie Tanaka. I like Saori Hayami's sweet voice too. But my most favorite seiyuu is Kana Hanazawa I love her voice so much. She can express the emotions of her character so well.
Noiek17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 05:44   Link #285
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Saki Fujita and Asami Shimoda for very obvious reasons. Asami did some work recently in Infinite Stratos and Idolm@ster, but Saki seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth o.O
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 19:09   Link #286
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Sixth Annual Seiyuu Awards

These apparently are just the first set of awards to be announced, but I'm happy to see my favorite male actor, Sakurai Takahiro, received the "overseas award" this year.

His resume
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 21:32   Link #287
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The complete list of seiyuu awards was released. Yuuki Aoi won best lead actress with Hirata Hiroaki winning best actor. A sad award in memoriam to Kawakami Tomoko, the voice of Utena, Air's Misuzu, and Hikaru (no Go).
Old 2012-05-02, 23:59   Link #288
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Sorry for bringing a new discussion. It's kind of important for a new trend.

There seems to be much more than usual seiyuus albums debut this year. Is there a reason to jump this bandwagon? Are they really believe AKB48 and such going to seiyuu business hurt the overall seiyuu market?

I was afraid they will ended up being another LiSP.
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 00:15   Link #289
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
Sorry for bringing a new discussion. It's kind of important for a new trend.

There seems to be much more than usual seiyuus albums debut this year. Is there a reason to jump this bandwagon? Are they really believe AKB48 and such going to seiyuu business hurt the overall seiyuu market?

I was afraid they will ended up being another LiSP.
Yeah, being a seiyuu otaku I couldn't help but notice that too. I don't really know why, but I do know that these increase in number is a side effect of how successful several of the seiyuu-singers have been in the music scene recently.

Take Mizuki Nana for example, she just had her first concert in Tokyo Dome and practically broke records, I supposed the other record companies wants to achieve the same success too.

These record companies seems to forget how difficult it was for the veteran seiyuus to release debut albums back in the days. Nana, Yukarin (Tamura Yukari) and Hocchan (Horie Yui) amongst others spent at least 10 years to pave their way up to music stardom.

Nowadays if the seiyuu has a nice face and a decent voice-- bam-- new debut album.

I don't really find it fair...
Old 2012-05-03, 06:59   Link #290
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranran View Post
These record companies seems to forget how difficult it was for the veteran seiyuus to release debut albums back in the days. Nana, Yukarin (Tamura Yukari) and Hocchan (Horie Yui) amongst others spent at least 10 years to pave their way up to music stardom.

Nowadays if the seiyuu has a nice face and a decent voice-- bam-- new debut album.

I don't really find it fair...
You are wrong though, of course. Sure it took the likes of Nana, Yukarin and Hocchan years to build up the fanbase and to get to where they are now, but back then they released CDs just as quick.

Take Horie Yui for example, she debuted in 1997, and her first anime tie-up single was 1998! That's no more longer than the majority of the new debutes that's been happening, in fact probably a lot shorter.

Tamura Yukari - her debuting role was as the heroine for a *Macross* radio drama. Yeah she got her shot at singing with just her debuting role.

As for Nana-chan, her debuting role was for a galge (Noel) in 1997 and again on that she was able to release mini-album under the name of the character.

The new batch of seiyuus aren't getting any special favours. Both Yuuki Aoi and Hanazawa Kana could be considered veterans since they were child actors, and Hanazawa had debuted as a seiyuu for a very long time (2003). Taketatsu Ayana also debuted back in 2007 and only just got her break due to Oreimo last year so she getting a solo debut single now could be even considered late. To me it seems to be the other way around - the agencies are running out of fresh blood to replace the old veterans as well as new fans who would spend on the seiyuu so they are pushing any popular girls out there in hope that they would lap it up regardless of how well they actually sing. They are scraping the bottom of the barrel, and the sad thing is the otakus - as always - will lap it up, and with how poorly CD sales in general are today, selling ten thousand copies is now considered respectable and a worthwhile investment and these new debutes are providing just that.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 05:00   Link #291
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

I wonder what's wrong with yuuki aoi
her voice in Saki Achigahen sounds weird

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 05:06   Link #292
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
I wonder what's wrong with yuuki aoi
her voice in Saki Achigahen sounds weird
I don't think it's wrong, but it does sounds different from her other roles. But then again her role as platinum the trinity in blazblue also sounds different from her usual roles.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 11:39   Link #293
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Biglobe conducted another interesting poll asking anime fans: “Which seiyuu they thought was the coolest?

In the end, 10600 votes were collated and Kamiya Hiroshi was voted the coolest, followed by Sakurai Takahiro and Miyano Mamoru . Kamiya is best known for this role as Itoshiki Nozomu from the anime Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei and I also liked his performance as Araragi Koyomi in the Bakemonogatari & Nisemonogatari series.

Here’s the top 10 coolest seiyuu as voted by fans:

1. Kamiya Hiroshi
2. Sakurai Takahiro
3.Miyano Mamoru
4. Ono Daisuke
5. Fukuyama Jun
6. Nakamura Yuichi
7. Okamoto Nobuhiko
8. Koyasu Takehito
9. Sugita Tomokazu
10. Yusa Kouji
Well-deserved, Kamiya Hiroshi.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 21:33   Link #294
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

My current favorites at the moment...probably the insane Yuu Kobayashi and Marina Inoue. And Aoi Yuuki--talk about versatility.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 19:02   Link #295
bastek66

I'm wondering, which seiyuu never voiced winning girl? Eri Kitamura?
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 20:09   Link #296
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I'm wondering, which seiyuu never voiced winning girl? Eri Kitamura?
What do you mean, 'winning girl'? If you mean a girl who gets the guy, I know Eri has voiced at least two.
Old 2012-06-08, 04:10   Link #297
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
What do you mean, 'winning girl'? If you mean a girl who gets the guy, I know Eri has voiced at least two.
Oh, which girls?

So, which seiyuu never won?
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 06:35   Link #298
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Oh, which girls?
Spoiler for Possible Spoilers. Read at your own risk:

As for those whose characters never "won", there are many. Just look for the seiyuu with short lists of voiced characters, and who always get just supporting or minor roles.
Old 2012-06-08, 07:32   Link #299
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Not every female seiyuu has to appear in a harem romance, you know. I can't think of any such conventional roles voiced by one of the best women in the business, Kuwashima Houko. In the only harem I can think of that she appears in, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Kuwashima's character is the center of attention with a bevy of adoring guys.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:33   Link #300
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Not every female seiyuu has to appear in a harem romance, you know.
Of course, this is certainly true.
Quote:
I can't think of any such conventional roles voiced by one of the best women in the business, Kuwashima Houko. In the only harem I can think of that she appears in, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Kuwashima's character is the center of attention with a bevy of adoring guys.
If one considers Clannad a harem, then Houko Kuwashima may have another such role, as Tomoyo Sakagami.