AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-05-19, 01:38   Link #8341
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
But the humiliation was not the end in itself. That was my point.
His whole intention was to humiliate her from the start, he started with that idea, even if he used it as a deterrent as you suggest, it was a side benefit to what he was really after.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 01:43   Link #8342
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Cool chapter, Natsu saves his face and Sabertooth master too in a way, even I think he would beat Natsu. By the way, his technique is a bit cheated! Lighting/Iron/Fire! (I'm not sure about the french translation who translate "iron" as "iron the metal".... Is it the case? He used 3 elements? )
No. Natsu's basic punch was always named "Fire Dragon's Iron Fist". This just adds lightning, and changes "fist" to "strike".
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 03:00   Link #8343
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

What surprises me most is that we didn't see a WTF? face's from Sting and Rouge when Natsu used Lightning Flame Dragon Mode.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 03:05   Link #8344
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
This manga got some hawt girls, with Minerva being the latest addition.
I know right , Happy is one lucky cat
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 03:29   Link #8345
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

question though

is that Minerva woman the other Sky dragon slayer?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 03:46   Link #8346
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
question though

there's more than one?

if she is wendy should curb stomp her with her new moves. (that's just what i'd want to happen)
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 05:28   Link #8347
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
His whole intention was to humiliate her from the start, he started with that idea, even if he used it as a deterrent as you suggest, it was a side benefit to what he was really after.
That's one interpretation, but I have my own.

There's very little evidence given in the released chapters as to which one is correct.
Old 2012-05-19, 06:03   Link #8348
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
question though

When was it ever mentioned there were two sky dragon slayers? Even though there are two Grandine in the Fairy Tail world, one is a dragon and the other human.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:44   Link #8349
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Couldn't it be said that Natsu is now a Plasma Dragon Slayer? What with using both fire and lightning xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 08:05   Link #8350
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Who said DS magic is exclusive anyway?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 13:35   Link #8351
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
question though

Don't you need a cat to be a true DS?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 15:15   Link #8352
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post

but he doesn't mix them to make a single element...
He simply uses two plasma based elements...but mostly it was a joke >_>
Old 2012-05-20, 02:53   Link #8353
haegar
mangaviking

*scratches head* I think you just slyly made one though, congrats
Old 2012-05-20, 08:40   Link #8354
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
there's more than one?

if she is wendy should curb stomp her with her new moves. (that's just what i'd want to happen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
When was it ever mentioned there were two sky dragon slayers? Even though there are two Grandine in the Fairy Tail world, one is a dragon and the other human.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Don't you need a cat to be a true DS?
I missed my point. When the time skip had just happened
There was a chapter where Rogue and Sting were talking. I think they've mentioned that there was another new generation dragon slayer besides the 2 of em. Which is the sky one I think.

sorry my question wasn't clear. I never really gave the question much thought
kk2extreme's point is right though. All of the natural dragon slayers so far have Exceeds with em.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 09:44   Link #8355
Krono

Quote:
question though

No. There is no other Sky Dragon Slayer. The only reason some people thought that was a line with a rather garbled translation where Lector was saying that Fairy Tail's dragonslayers came up short, but the translation screwed up and made it sound like he was talking about Sabertooth's.
Old 2012-05-20, 11:32   Link #8356
haegar
mangaviking

I said that. And the jury is still out on how he pulls it off XD In any case I was driving my argument a tad overentusiastic last week even if it was a nice one Though I still think eventually compared to Raven and the Zerefgoon ST will loose importance and slowly fade into the background of the arc, except maybe for some few characters.
Old 2012-05-22, 03:52   Link #8357
Principalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Huh. Wow.

I assumed the lightning magic Natsu gained from Laxus in the Grimoire Heart arc was a temporary power-up just like all the others before it. At the very least, it looks like his power has improved since then.

I admit it was pretty cool to see him make use of lightning magic now.
I don't think Natsu is a true dual element slayer. He still relies on fire as his primary element and has not displayed any pure/advanced lightning moves. The lightning element is more of an enhancement of Natsu's flame combos imho.
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 04:55   Link #8358
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principalities View Post
I don't think Natsu is a true dual element slayer. He still relies on fire as his primary element and has not displayed any pure/advanced lightning moves. The lightning element is more of an enhancement of Natsu's flame combos imho.
Ever since they revealed the second magic reserve in the standard wizard body, I've speculated that Natsu has somehow been able to open it on his own without knowing how when he ate something that wasn't fire and filled it with that element. In this case, it'd probably be filled with lightning, and now that he has more access to it, he can use it more at will.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 10:58   Link #8359
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Ever since they revealed the second magic reserve in the standard wizard body, I've speculated that Natsu has somehow been able to open it on his own without knowing how when he ate something that wasn't fire and filled it with that element. In this case, it'd probably be filled with lightning, and now that he has more access to it, he can use it more at will.
I'm pretty sure that the second container just means additional raw power available and has nothing to do with the ability to use other magics.

As for why Natsu can still use the whole lightning flame mode, it's a simple as he was able to use it enough to figure out how to duplicate it on his own.
Old 2012-05-22, 11:14   Link #8360
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Theoretically speaking...Dragon Slayer magic is just like any other, pretty much any mage should be able to use it, the problem is that only dragons (and other DS) know how to use it, so only they can teach it (or resort to lachryma infusion). In other words, DS magic, just like any other, isn't something people are born with but something they learn to use.

That said, I believe DS magic usage differs from element to element as well as how one learns it, but the basics of DS magic should be the same for every element. It would make sense for Natsu, who is already quite proficient at using true DS magic, to apply what he knows from his own element into another element and change it according to how he felt when using it with Luxus' help. Not only that but Fire and Lightning are two very similar elements, which would make it easier to adapt his current knowledge of fire DS into lightning DS. It would have been different if say, Wendy used Gajeel's metal DS magic once and then tried to learn it because those elements are on completely different sides of the spectrum, which would make the more difficult. Gajeel on the other hand could learn how to use earth or stone DS magic should one DS ever show up and share his magic with him like Luxus, because the elements are similar.

I also suspect that this is something that only First Generation Dragon Slayers are capable of doing. Second and Third Generation Dragon Slayers have lachryma of their element infused into their bodies, which could end up rejecting the foreign element violently.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen