Originally Posted by Ged View Post
It's funny how ppl use it nowadays. xP Amen means ''yes'' and nothing else
AMEN is a holy word. Many forget that.
Old 2009-11-26, 04:28   Link #12342
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
AMEN is a holy word. Many forget that.
No, it's not. Same as Allah. Most people believe that Allah is a name of muslim god. It's not true, Allah just means god. Christians in Arabic world also are praying to Allah. I agree, both Amen and Allah has religious meaning, but those aren't "holy words". JHWH is a holy word - in Judaism.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 09:53   Link #12343
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
ive seen it b4 but that doesnt matter here. personally they shouldve chosen a sportier car. anime decal cars a strange, on 1 hand i'd like to do that to mine but the other hand would rather not advertise the fact i watch that show to random ppl passing by.
agreed, I much rather have Broly from DBZ on my car he's more popular and well known. and known not to fuck with
Old 2009-11-26, 10:10   Link #12344
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
No, it's not. Same as Allah. Most people believe that Allah is a name of muslim god. It's not true, Allah just means god. Christians in Arabic world also are praying to Allah. I agree, both Amen and Allah has religious meaning, but those aren't "holy words". JHWH is a holy word - in Judaism.
Aren't those gods you mentioned holy?
Old 2009-11-26, 15:06   Link #12345
Ged
Legendary

Quote:
Well it depends to who. ^^ For me not really but I guess there are ppl who really think so.
Ged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 15:11   Link #12346
Arturro

Quote:
Words are used to describe something or someone. Words, per se, are not holy, things, persons, beings, etc. may be holy. Is Maria a holy word? No, it's just a name. Was Maria, mother of Jesus holy? Yes, she was (at least for Christians and Muslims). Do you see difference between word and idea behind that word?

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 15:53   Link #12347
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
agreed, I much rather have Broly from DBZ on my car he's more popular and well known. and known not to fuck with
personally id prefer not have any large anime decals on the car. i could posssibly get away with small anime stickers with out too many stares or questions.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 15:58   Link #12348
Kafriel
Senior Guest

All I know is that amen directly translates into "yes, indeed, so be it", got it in my dictionary.
As for the car issue, there's kids passing by so I wouldn't use any large version of female characters, but having a Dante on my doors or ghoul-Tsukune on the back trunk would work fine...and ofc everyone from college would be, like, "awesum!"
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 20:56   Link #12349
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
All I know is that amen directly translates into "yes, indeed, so be it", got it in my dictionary.
As for the car issue, there's kids passing by so I wouldn't use any large version of female characters, but having a Dante on my doors or ghoul-Tsukune on the back trunk would work fine...and ofc everyone from college would be, like, "awesum!"
the way i see it, that audi could easily made the owner's rep worse, good thing yukari wasnt chosen for the decal .
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 21:00   Link #12350
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
the way i see it, that audi could easily made the owner's rep worse, good thing yukari wasnt chosen for the decal .
Broly + Hummer = Don't fuk with me!

but you'll need to be a bit buff, so if anyone calls you any names, you can "GIgantic Hammer" their asses http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asfS4zFMN1k 3:32
Old 2009-11-26, 23:49   Link #12351
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Words are used to describe something or someone. Words, per se, are not holy, things, persons, beings, etc. may be holy. Is Maria a holy word? No, it's just a name. Was Maria, mother of Jesus holy? Yes, she was (at least for Christians and Muslims). Do you see difference between word and idea behind that word?
So it depends on what is your religion and faith is.

So basically we can say that exorcist in R+V might be a priest or ala Van Hellsing, Simon Belmont.

Quote:
Broly + Hummer = Don't fuk with me!
lol
Old 2009-11-27, 00:20   Link #12352
Chris38

I'm a little amazed how quickly, this thread can turn into something completely unrelated to the manga. So can we discuss something that's a little closer to the manga ...

How about this - since someone mentioned the exorcist , what type of youkai do you think he is ... so far it was shown that he is pretty adapt in making barrier's and sealing. And also if you remember he was shown to be riding a cat like ( ot something of that type ) youkai .... well this ... ...

Another thing that stood out is that the exorcist also has a Rosary ( and apparently can repair them as well ). He also has some sort of "glowing" eyes ( so far besides the Bus Driver - who could be the same ( or related ) spiecies as the headmaster.

So Making barriers + sealing + rosary + "glowing" eyes = ???

Last edited by Chris38; 2009-11-27 at 00:31.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 00:57   Link #12353
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Get used to it. That's what makes this thread fun.

The chapters come out monthly and that's a long wait. Can't exactly spend an entire month discussing a chapter of R+V. It also doesn't help that a lot of topics have already been discussed on previous pages.

Besides, I'd get pretty tired of it if this thread was constantly active with nothing but R+V character and chapter discussions. There's only so much that can be discussed before it becomes repetitive.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 01:47   Link #12354
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
Get used to it. That's what makes this thread fun.

The chapters come out monthly and that's a long wait. Can't exactly spend an entire month discussing a chapter of R+V. It also doesn't help that a lot of topics have already been discussed on previous pages.

Besides, I'd get pretty tired of it if this thread was constantly active with nothing but R+V character and chapter discussions. There's only so much that can be discussed before it becomes repetitive.
Well, that's certainly true ... oh well it's only a week or something like that till the next chapter, so we will mange somehow
Old 2009-11-27, 02:35   Link #12355
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Another thing that stood out is that the exorcist also has a Rosary ( and apparently can repair them as well ). He also has some sort of "glowing" eyes ( so far besides the Bus Driver - who could be the same ( or related ) spiecies as the headmaster.

So Making barriers + sealing + rosary + "glowing" eyes = ???
Also, lets not forget that he may be immune to the effects of the Lilith mirror. We see him using it as a hand mirror to shave with in the back of one of the later volumes (volume 10 of the first season I believe), so he might not even be a youkai at all, but just a very powerful human. He could also just be able to nullify Lilith's effect via a special kind of barrier too.
Old 2009-11-27, 03:19   Link #12356
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Also, lets not forget that he may be immune to the effects of the Lilith mirror. We see him using it as a hand mirror to shave with in the back of one of the later volumes (volume 10 of the first season I believe), so he might not even be a youkai at all, but just a very powerful human. He could also just be able to nullify Lilith's effect via a special kind of barrier too.
That might be true, but how do you explain this . If he wasn't some type of youkai he wouldn't say "We monster's choose to live in obscurity" . ( It still kind of suspicious that it wasn't shown who exactly said it - the Exorcist or Bus Driver )

Anyway it could be that he is some sort of powerful human (probably with some sort of spiritual power ) ... As of now the Headmaster is still a person with many mysteries surrounding him ( his true form is one of them ) ...
Old 2009-11-27, 03:26   Link #12357
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
That might be true, but how do you explain this . If he wasn't some type of youkai he wouldn't say "We monster's choose to live in obscurity"
That was said between the Exorcist and the Bus Driver...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 03:32   Link #12358
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
That was said between the Exorcist and the Bus Driver...
I meant as a human wouldn't say that he is a monster - well it could be that the exorcist is so strong that he is on the same level as a youkai. ( if it where true that the headmaster is a human ), then I think he could be that he also believe he is a monster ( a bit different then the other monsters ) ...
Old 2009-11-27, 03:33   Link #12359
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The most common concept would be an angel, although it's not really a youkai it can count as not human...riding a chimera (lion->cat?) or sphinx.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 03:39   Link #12360
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The most common concept would be an angel, although it's not really a youkai it can count as not human...riding a chimera (lion->cat?) or sphinx.
Well if he where a angel then would the Headmaster be considered one of the three Dark Lords ... well it could mean that he's some type fallen angel ( but then again how could a fallen angel be an exorcist ) ...

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire