Bad 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-05-26, 07:05   Link #281
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I have to agree with you 110% on the American thing. But I don't think it's not just anime, but any foreign story. I do like your idea of a corporation doing it. Besides, no government would test anyone on a network like Oz that is so pivotal or worldwide day to day living.
I'm sure that some would argue that the US is THAT evil...

But I agree with you last statement, especially considering that the storyline of the movie, while it takes place in Japan, does mention that this was happening all around the world. I would like to think that my government wouldn't cause mass chaos like that. Sure, the movie tries to say that the US didn't think this would happen, but even so, why release the AI on a MISSION CRITICAL system? This is why we do QA, folks. You create a closed environment where you set the situation and run tests.

Quote:
And I believe the grandma was upset because he went and did something selfish with the money he took from her. It wasn't so much that she was blaming him for what was happening, but because of what he did - and also because of what his intention was, bringing back more money to live rich. To the grandma, there are much more important things.
Okay, I can see that. Thanks for that point; I didn't think of that.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 08:36   Link #282
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Besides, no government would test anyone on a network like Oz that is so pivotal or worldwide day to day living.
While I agree that no government would authorize such action, I could totally see the country's military going ahead and doing it anyway if their own internal techs told them "it was perfectly safe".
Old 2011-05-26, 09:53   Link #283
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
While I agree that no government would authorize such action, I could totally see the country's military going ahead and doing it anyway if their own internal techs told them "it was perfectly safe".
I doubt if the Military would. It is more like something the CIA would do. They are the spy agency. Of course, they would probably use the Military as a cover so the blame for problems would't fall on them.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 15:22   Link #284
YuriEcchiGirl

I already own & have watched this fantastic movie on DVD, was a really good movie indeed
Old 2011-12-26, 22:07   Link #285
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I really enjoyed this one quite a bit - it was a christmas present so I'm a bit behind the curve as this came out a while ago but what a great production!
Old 2012-05-01, 22:08   Link #286
Aimop95

Just watched it. Loved the falcon punch!

Sort of stupid for the US military to use Oz as a testing site...i mean, how much damage were they expecting?
Old 2012-05-01, 22:20   Link #287
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It's because America is always the bad guy. They should have said Love Machine broke out from it's test box into Oz since no government would do anything remotely dangerous to a system that the world depends on.
Old 2014-10-13, 14:22   Link #288
Mr.Animation

Summer Wars

One of my favorite movies, not to mention same director as The Digimon Movie! :]
Mr.Animation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 17:49   Link #289
oldschoolotaku

Location: Previously in Idaho but am now back in my place of birth-california
Good movie I remember viewing it and thinking it was somewhat of a masterpiece really. I need to buy the dvd. Have you seen Redline? Another great show!
Old 2014-10-13, 18:01   Link #290
Mr.Animation

I have not watched Redline yet, My friend is a big fan, I heard the animation is one of the best parts.
Mr.Animation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 09:09   Link #291
tsunade666

One of my all time favorite movie.
Old 2014-10-15, 07:44   Link #292
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolotaku View Post
Good movie I remember viewing it and thinking it was somewhat of a masterpiece really. I need to buy the dvd. Have you seen Redline? Another great show!
You can buy the BD+DVD combo pack for less than $17 at Amazon. It's been a while since I watched my copy; maybe I'll dust it off this week.

I retired my Red Sox avatar from this movie when the team went south this season:

Everyone who sees this is surprised to learn that the character is female. I laughed out loud when I saw her wearing an official Matsuzaka Daisuke shirt!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote