2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-04-28, 00:19   Link #41
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Wonder why that roasted titan doesn't just teleport inside the buildings instead of teleporting outside and going through the trouble to break in
Or just teleport over and over again and trample everything he teleports on.
Yeah was going to say, this big bro has some pretty good precision if he always ends up just outside/over the big wall. If he has that kind of control, why not just zip smack into the middle of the town.

Though I think I'll go with the other guy's theory as a result, another titan transforms into him or something, and it's probably temporary because if we remember he disappeared just as quickly as he had appeared, so maybe he can only control that form for a certain period.

Who knows, anyway Sasha was very cool running down that wall, definitely the highlight of this episode for me, very smart to puncture Samuel's calf to save his ass from going *SPLAT*
Old 2013-04-28, 00:47   Link #42
Tenzen12

Nooo! They reduced Eren x Annie shiping material on bare minimum (maybe even less)!

I guess I have to watch this only for spiderman army and titans:
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 00:52   Link #43
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

It wasn't so much the animation as it was the art that flopped on many occasions this episode. But the overall tempo was excellent, building up nicely to a huge climax with the colossal titan's sudden re-appearance. The insert songs were fantastic too, adding further to the already great soundtrack.

Can anyone identify Annie's fighting style from her stance? It looks like a variant of kenpo, but with a greater emphasis on kicking than grappling.

For some reason, I really liked the way the top 10 trainees were introduced in the earlier half of the episode (the insert song helped a lot!). It had a vaguely RPG feel to it, as I found myself wondering how I'd build a team of titan-slayers based on their profiles. I hope it means that these fellas aren't going to end up as titan food very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Nooo! They reduced Eren x Annie shiping material on bare minimum (maybe even less)!
She's somewhat cute, but her nose is a bit too aquiline for my liking. Mikasa remains the better choice.

By the way, I'm glad to see that the previous commander of the Recon Corps has been replaced. Irvin was one of the survivors from the expedition five years ago. And what is Levi's rank? I've seen it translated differently by different translation groups.

(Also, I'd go with "Levi" instead of "Levy", as that is the form I see more often in biblical references. And I can't help but be reminded of Revy of Black Lagoon fame. I suppose Levi will be at least as deadly as she is.)
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 01:03   Link #44
Tranhieu

That was one hell of a lucky shot Sasha fired considering how slim a human leg is and she fired it without any aiming equipment! She might have pierced through his belly or head instead lol

All in all the episode was very well done with the pacing. The action scenes at the beginning have too many still frames though. Maybe they tried to save the budget for the next episode.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 01:32   Link #45
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Can anyone identify Annie's fighting style from her stance? It looks like a variant of kenpo, but with a greater emphasis on kicking than grappling.

She's somewhat cute, but her nose is a bit too aquiline for my liking. Mikasa remains the better choice.

By the way, I'm glad to see that the previous commander of the Recon Corps has been replaced. Irvin was one of the survivors from the expedition five years ago. And what is Levi's rank? I've seen it translated differently by different translation groups.

(Also, I'd go with "Levi" instead of "Levy", as that is the form I see more often in biblical references. And I can't help but be reminded of Revy of Black Lagoon fame. I suppose Levi will be at least as deadly as she is.)
I believe her style is random wrestling style. It is not any specific martial art. It's probably some TV moves that inspired the mangaka.

リヴァイ is Revai, shortened word for Revival. You can't find it in any English dictionary.
http://www.we blio.jp/content/%E3%83...82%A1%E3%82%A4

His rank is 兵士長(Solider's Leader). 兵士長 is the shortened word for 兵長. It is equivalent of Army's Lieutenant. If you are interested about Japanese military ranking, you can find the detail below.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%85%B5%E9%95%B7

Yes, he is short. The popular speculation is: Is this kid even legal too join the army?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 01:51   Link #46
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
How is she "cute"? Hot, maybe, but she looks like a freaking eagle. Very Teutonic.

yeah I prefer Mikasa, though I wonder who would prevail in a fight.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 02:08   Link #47
AlHollow

Quote:
It is equivalent of Army's Lieutenant.
Japanese Wiki and the dictionary clearly state, that it's equivalent of corporal.
AlHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 02:08   Link #48
Tenzen12

This how it should have continue.
Spoiler for omitted content:

It's so romantic...

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-04-28 at 02:20.
Old 2013-04-28, 02:18   Link #49
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

I think her fight style might be Muay Thai martial arts or a style that is close to it.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 02:22   Link #50
Iron Maw
Banned

Really good episode all around, the art might have been a bit weaker as some said, but honestly I didn't notice much. Annie seems to be pretty cool character so far and I like how the story is handling Eren's development, he's becoming someone who's passionate about his cause, without being stupidly reckless about it. He's even manages to win some people to his side.

On a side note: I don't I'll ever get tried of Mikasa trolling Sasha. Rei clone she is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I am pretty certain that had I not read the manga and known it was coming, the ending of this episode would have made me literally jump out of my seat. It was pretty shocking even with no animation or sound.
Heh, it's because of things like that I'm happy I held off reading the manga. That scene was great.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 02:24   Link #51
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
On a side note: I don't I'll ever get tried of Mikasa trolling Sasha. Rei clone she is not.
Rei trolled Asuka when she tried to "be friends", and Gendo when he tried to carry out his master plan in EoE.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 02:27   Link #52
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchingFlames View Post
I think her fight style might be Muay Thai martial arts or a style that is close to it.
If memory serves, her fighting style is heavily influenced by Pankration/ other western martial arts. Muai Thai looks likely too.
Old 2013-04-28, 02:30   Link #53
Tenzen12

Quote:
Author is enthusiastic fan of MMA (mixed martial arts). So I would guess combination of Taekwondo and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, these seems to be among common disciplines.
Old 2013-04-28, 02:37   Link #54
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Rei trolled Asuka when she tried to "be friends", and Gendo when he tried to carry out his master plan in EoE.
Those don't count.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 02:46   Link #55
richardtengcy

Quote:

It's so romantic...
I got a feeling that the anime production might use this as a flashback of sorts in the later episode. That would be better
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 02:49   Link #56
Tenzen12

Not sure that better, but I did though it actualy might get used as flashback later. But then there is still manga flashback that can be used...
Old 2013-04-28, 03:25   Link #57
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yessshhh!!! I keep shouting and cheering like crazy when watching this episode

Annie's close-combat skill is superb.... Eren's speech is amazing (I never enjoy someone's long speech in anime but Eren is different)... and Mikasa showed her attachment again... love that

Sasha is also stole some spotlight.. together with top 10 ranks

Colossal appeared again! Battle has started! I like how Eren and Sasha become the one who give command and regain their composure first...

anyway, what's happening with their meat??? Is that meat attracting Colossal???

can't wait... can't wait to see the battle!!!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 03:56   Link #58
Ashlotte
Clockwork

What amazing timing for the big boy to show up just right at that very moment as if someone had written it to be that perfect!

Anyway now that the dull training BS is over with hopefully the show will start rolling forward with the story proper.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 04:00   Link #59
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I love Eren. Everyone's "oh shit oh shit we're going to die", he's all "kill that Titan! Don't let him escape!".

I can totally see him as a Commissar yelling "Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!"
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 05:12   Link #60
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

It's so romantic...
Love at first kick. lol

I liking Annie along with Mikasa and Sasha.
And Mikasa has made Sasha her -bleep- with bread just like she did with Eren.

Best part of the episode was this.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Glutton she may be, but Sasha truly was a badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I love Eren. Everyone's "oh shit oh shit we're going to die", he's all "kill that Titan! Don't let him escape!".

I can totally see him as a Commissar yelling "Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!"
Warhammer 40k reference.

I like the fact he immediately took command and ordered a counterattack.