AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 25 (OVA) Rating
Perfect 10 49 56.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 29.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 8.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-25, 03:42   Link #41
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Great OVA, really loved it a lot, and just made me remember how much I miss this.

And to add to the whole suzuha's mom discussion, klash pretty much sums it up. Like how else would you add in that development and make it believable? They only have 20 or so minutes to work with, and they have a lot of ground to cover. Changing the design to make the chase, etc. is what allowed for this ending, and it makes sense given the time constraints. Obviously if we had more than one episode, it would be a easier to have them devote time to getting us introduced to some random girl.
Old 2012-02-25, 06:03   Link #42
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep_ View Post
Hiyoku Renri no Darling is canon though, it's an established worldline which is Delta (3%) Even if it is just a spin off it's been confirmed as canon and in a worldline were the events after August 6th do not happen as they did in the other worldlines.

The only spin off that isn't considered canon is the 8-bit game, because it doesn't fit in to the timeline completely even though it takes place post true end.

Also Boukan was made before Darling came out of course there's going to be some differences. Though there isn't any really. Daru met her at that con, she's a super popular cosplay idol. In every worldline that's how they meet. (which has happened in the spin off manga, Darling and the Youen no Valhalla short story. ) How Suzuha's mom looks in Darling is canon, which is reflected in the official artwork with her in it.
Wait, isn't the 8bit game just the normal game but in 8bit? If it isn't I'm going to have to play something else now...
Old 2012-02-25, 08:33   Link #43
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

I wonder what is there at %99.9 divergence. Monkeys ruling the world? Different shaped continents? Tails ears,and third eyes on humans? Different species? They better start working on making a time machine that can decide on the divergence number as well.
Old 2012-02-25, 14:15   Link #44
xellos2099

Spoiler

Spoiler for scene:
Old 2012-02-25, 14:21   Link #45
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep_ View Post
Also Boukan was made before Darling came out of course there's going to be some differences. Though there isn't any really. Daru met her at that con, she's a super popular cosplay idol. In every worldline that's how they meet. (which has happened in the spin off manga, Darling and the Youen no Valhalla short story. ) How Suzuha's mom looks in Darling is canon, which is reflected in the official artwork with her in it.
The fact there are differences actually demonstrate well there are versions that cannot be considered as canon. Boukan and Darling use the same circumstances sort of, but not the same timing (Daru looks like in his late twenties, early thirties in Boukan, as he has a slimmer look, close to his lab coat version).
In fact, there is nothing that stop Yuki to change her appearance, considering the circumstances of Darling/Boukan. To begin with, IIRC, she appears like at least a year after the events shown in SG/Darling timeline.

Also, I still didn't find any "official artwork" for Yuki, past the CG in Boukan Xbox game, so I'm sort of curious now.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-02-25 at 14:32.
Old 2012-02-25, 17:18   Link #46
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Just finished watching this episode, and it just reminded me why S;G is my favorite anime of all times.

Okabe was flawless since the beginning:
Spoiler for scene:

There i just couldn't stop laughing, haha. Then i was given some minutes of pause, where i could regain some breath, but it wasn't for too long that:
Spoiler for scene2:

And i exploded again, haha.

Then, when Okabe saw the girl looking like Suzuha and exclaimed that even in his actual time line there could be a time machine, and therefore all the 3rd war thing would happen anyways... that scene gave me a chill, and my mind played a flash of a new season about them trying to fight against SERN. However, soon after i was given the clue that she was Suzuha's mother (same looks and voice, fortune telling she's get married in 7 years...), and i was both relieved and a bit sad(relieved because, this way, this episode closed the series. On the other side, i kinda felt sad that i saw my favorite anime ending again)

Just because Okabe didn't hit a good enough score on my laughing, he just came out of the Drive in saying:
Spoiler for scene3:

In the end
Spoiler for end:

EDIT
Forgot to say: the taxi driver is a sonuvabitch.
Old 2012-02-25, 23:30   Link #47
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Loved it. It's great to know that Kurisu actually dreamed of the events that happened in other world lines. Seeing her flustered when she wanted to ask about the kiss was a nice treat too. The last scene was a great closure too. Not to mention, we got to see what Suzuha's mother looked like.
Old 2012-02-26, 04:01   Link #48
teja208
Critical fanboy

"He's a guy, but who cares."

I have no idea there are so many ruka fans in US. How else are they supposed to know that IT'S A TRAP.
Old 2012-02-26, 08:03   Link #49
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Just finished watching this episode, and it just reminded me why S;G is my favorite anime of all times.

Okabe was flawless since the beginning:
Spoiler for scene:

There i just couldn't stop laughing, haha. Then i was given some minutes of pause, where i could regain some breath, but it wasn't for too long that:
Spoiler for scene2:

And i exploded again, haha.

Then, when Okabe saw the girl looking like Suzuha and exclaimed that even in his actual time line there could be a time machine, and therefore all the 3rd war thing would happen anyways... that scene gave me a chill, and my mind played a flash of a new season about them trying to fight against SERN. However, soon after i was given the clue that she was Suzuha's mother (same looks and voice, fortune telling she's get married in 7 years...), and i was both relieved and a bit sad(relieved because, this way, this episode closed the series. On the other side, i kinda felt sad that i saw my favorite anime ending again)

Just because Okabe didn't hit a good enough score on my laughing, he just came out of the Drive in saying:
Spoiler for scene3:

In the end
Spoiler for end:

EDIT
Forgot to say: the taxi driver is a sonuvabitch.
But if she'll get married in 7 years,it would take an additional 9 months for Suzuha to be born so she needs to marry and get it done by March.
Old 2012-02-26, 10:34   Link #50
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Unless you don't want to have sex before getting married, i don't see the problem there. She'll get married in 7 years, but who said that she won't meet Daru before that time? Afterall, it's not like you meet a person, and the following day you marry him, and afterwards have a kid. It's more probable that she'll meet Daru in 5-6years, get pregnant after 6+ years, and marry & have a kid after the 7th year.
Old 2012-02-26, 19:27   Link #51
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
Spoiler for episode:

That's hilarious.
The only small problem is that Okabe never said that.

Spoiler:

This is exactly the kind of translation/editing decision which I hate - when a completely new meaning is introduced (along with several other ones I noticed before, and if even someone with only minimal Japanese knowledge like me notices that...)

I'll be searching for a different version. Sorry.
Old 2012-02-27, 02:09   Link #52
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The comedy in this was exceptionally well done. The two arrests of Okabe were particularly funny.

All-told, a very enjoyable and pleasant watch.
Old 2012-02-27, 07:26   Link #53
abc0716

Been a while to make any Anime comments on here.

Anyway, this is quite a fun OVA to watch, especially the double arrests of Okabe, and the part he just has $0.67 and dead (battery) cellphone.

About the part where Okabe confess to Kurisu, I fell its end part is quite anti-climatic (don't have the kiss scene). Oh well, it's not Amagami by the way, heh.

Ratings: 8 / 10
Old 2012-02-28, 12:44   Link #54
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Funny thing that she was credited as Amane Suzuha in the staff roll...
Spoiler for staff roll:
Old 2012-02-28, 15:04   Link #55
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

And the truth was that Daru married his own daughter, and had... his own daughter.

This way, Suzuha is the mother of herself rofl. That's a cool paradox indeed.
Old 2012-02-28, 18:57   Link #56
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Funny thing that she was credited as Amane Suzuha in the staff roll...
Spoiler for staff roll:
Maybe she was Suzuha undercover, and the specifics will be revealed in the movie (do we know what it's going to be about yet? Recap? Retelling? Sequel? Prequel?). That'd be... kind of cool.
Old 2012-02-29, 04:15   Link #57
Elestia

I just realized we didn't get a single tutturu~ from Mayuri. How could I miss that!? orz
Old 2012-03-03, 20:19   Link #58
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh no! Okabe must face the dangers of the Southern California transportation system. Clearly, this is the worst fate possible.

Anyhow, the idea of pervs taking pics of Ruka in the Staples Center with Fenris running around is enough to keep me laughing. Overall, this was really just an Okabe and Kurisu episode, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-03-06, 19:14   Link #59
word sux

great way to end it

very happy it wasn't crappy fan service

this wasn't the "movie" right????
Old 2012-03-06, 19:34   Link #60
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was a fun episode but... I didn't enjoy it that much. I don't know why but I got tired of the hijinks. It was funny that he got arrested, but yeah.