AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-21, 15:11   Link #21
com_gwp

So, impressions from the people who played it? I've got enough credits from trade ins to get a game and I'm wondering if this would be a good, short play to tide over until ME3.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 15:22   Link #22
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
From what I've seen, the campaign doesn't exactly break any molds, but is nonetheless serviceable; the real meat of the game seems to be its co-operative modes; hopefully EA and Starbreeze will recognize this and play to that long suit with the post-release content. This point is coincidentally the thrust of IGN's review.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 15:28   Link #23
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I already finished the SP campaign. Rather lame storyline......I thought I could kill the Eurocorp President then supplant him. The storyline is linear, but I haven't played the MP yet.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 11:28   Link #24
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Update :

You can't talk ingame without a mike : there is not text chat in co-op. For those who wasted money on this game, I feel for you too.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-02-24, 04:01   Link #25
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Are the coop missions fun at least ?

If i am getting this game, it will be at budget price and to play with friends.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 05:47   Link #26
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
Are the coop missions fun at least ?

If i am getting this game, it will be at budget price and to play with friends.
They are only fun after you maxed out the shielding app and TAR-39. It is impossible to pass even the first mission without someone in the team with those stuff.

Of course, if you have idiots in the team who didn't know how to use the breach function, be prepared to tear out your hair - the first 2 co-op games I played had idiots who blow through their ammo on armour without first breaching it.

PM me if you want to play co-op. I am usually online for that game these days.

Old 2012-02-27, 10:09   Link #27
Venari

Syndicate

The co-op is definitely where I derive my enjoyment of this game. I didn't have any mouse issues, although I've disabled all the windows mouse crap a long while ago, and just made the X and Y sensitivity the same, I think middle of the bar. Aiming hasn't been an issue for me since.

The lack of in-game communication does blow my mind, I am surprised they'd just "leave that out".

If they could introduce a DLC with in game comms, single or co-op / vs game play with every original syndicate map mission + the risk style strategic overlay / corp research n procurement + taxes, this game would be epic.

Honestly, just tack on the original game strategic functionality, with all the upgraded bodyparts etc, or even body part controlling features, make it so you can research resistances + armor / hp per body part, add agent customization, and more rpg level up options.

Add AI team options, with the other 1-3 agents people you had to persuade during missions, make it so you can upgrade their AI, add stocking for weapons so we aren't stuck to only the starter weaps. add a greater range of smgs / pistols. Make it so the entire syndicate can share stock AI agents, and that they can be upgraded.

I guess I just want more I've been waiting so long for a good co-op game, why not make it better?

Last edited by Venari; 2012-02-27 at 12:18. Reason: needs to say moar!
Venari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 11:51   Link #28
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This game has some serious bugs. It either crashes on random, or it has a framerate seizure on Expert mode.

Nonetheless, Thermite Gun >>>>> Agent.

Old 2012-02-27, 11:54   Link #29
Venari

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This game has some serious bugs. It either crashes on random, or it has a framerate seizure on Expert mode.

Nonetheless, Thermite Gun >>>>> Agent.
Yes, gotta love how it melts all your problems away, along with pesky soldiers. X-D
Old 2012-02-27, 11:57   Link #30
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venari View Post
Yes, gotta love how it melts all your problems away, along with pesky soldiers. X-D
That is probably the only weapon (a must-have on Expert) when you are securing the Leonardo device - the 4 agents and constantly respawning armour makes the mission almost impossible without it. Rush the agents with the Thermite Gun and they would go down in half a minute, then grab their minigun to fend off the armour.

Old 2012-02-27, 12:07   Link #31
Venari

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That is probably the only weapon (a must-have on Expert) when you are securing the Leonardo device - the 4 agents and constantly respawning armour makes the mission almost impossible without it. Rush the agents with the Thermite Gun and they would go down in half a minute, then grab their minigun to fend off the armour.
I lucked out and did the expert mode of that earlier this morning, we had a good group and the host left, so I did a dry run on western on expert, they did so well I jumped to New England, and we slam dunked it =P I had a thermite, as did another agent, two of the enemy agents snuck around a corner and got turned into puddles, the rest plus were easy peezy after that.

Last edited by Venari; 2012-02-27 at 12:08. Reason: Smileys ROCK!
Old 2012-03-01, 10:38   Link #32
Venari

Seems Origin has an update for Syndicate now that the Origin Service itself was updated.

About 55 megs in size, it seems to have added the origin overlay interface in-game. Not a huge difference, but it does enable people to additionally friend each other in Origin and chat without having to alt tab or close Syndicate.

Surprise, the game has in game voice comms, in the "audio" options you can turn on in game VOIP to and from your client, I think you are always broadcasting though, and you'll never hear others using it if you don't turn on the incoming VOIP feature. These features are turned OFF by default.

So if any of you are curious, the single player isn't terrible, it is very linear, short, kinda like a short fiction about a dystopian future.

Co-op is still the best part of the game, but once you play through all the maps on normal and hard and have all the weapons researched it does lose that lure to play. It would seem the game's half-life is roughly one week, if it's the only game you are playing.

I'm still up for Co-op though if anyone needs a maxed level agent to run with them. I also have access to a mumble server if anyone wants to also play while being able to communicate with the other team members.

Additionally a friend of mine in Australia bought his Key for Origin for 32 ish bucks from Gamer Keys : http://gamerkeys.net/Syndicate.htm?f...name=syndicate

It's also available at CD keys here : http://cdkeyshere.com/syndicate-cd-k...name=syndicate

in case anyone doesn't feel like paying full price directly through the origin interface... like I did... =(

Last edited by Venari; 2012-03-01 at 17:40. Reason: additional discovery
Old 2012-03-03, 09:43   Link #33
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Alright I am already maxed on weapons and level, but I still lack app tokens because I couldn't find a team to finish Expert missions (even maxed agents screw up by thinking they are invincible on the Atlantic Accelerator, totally forgetting teamwork and saving up the LAWs + Minigun).

Wish we were allowed to top up the automatic shotgun. It is so hard to find ammo for it that all the upgrades are totally useless.

Old 2012-03-03, 11:03   Link #34
Venari

Oh! there's a trick to that!

get the mjolnir in one hand, then get a standard shotty in your other, then switch to standard shotty to stock up on shotty ammo, the two weapons share the same ammo, make sure to reload the mjolnir to 40 rnds, before final ammo top off for max ammo.

for liquid and agent kills the mjolnir is the next best thing to flame throwers.

You lose most long range effectiveness with this combo, but standard fire with the mjolnir while crouched and aiming can do an ok long range impact, or optionally switch to the standard shotty and use the alt explosive slug. Then of course the full auto alt fire is devastating up close.

Let me know next time you want to do an expert run, I just barely got all my app chips yesterday.

Last edited by Venari; 2012-03-03 at 11:13. Reason: yay smileys

Tags
first person shooter, sci-fi