AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-05-29, 01:26   Link #1
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

Anime North 2006

Well this past weekend I went to Anime North(I think it's the biggest convention in Canada) and I had a really good time.

I won't get into the details, but what I'm really here posting for is to share the link for the pictures I took.

I'm not the best photographer, they aren't the best cosplayers, but I took as many pictures as I could(excuse the non-cosplay ones[2 i think], if you really want to know I will explain them) so I hope you like them

http://masakism.mine.nu:10240/torren...5FEF531EDBF6F4
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 14:37   Link #2
ZeRoGravity

oh yay someone here went to AN, I don't have my pics up yet since im still tired from AN and all the badly taken pics/video clips are from the Masquerade.

Did you notice there was a road sign that says 27 North, and someone with a marker wrote "ANIME" over 27, now it says "ANIME NORTH"

Last edited by ZeRoGravity; 2006-05-31 at 17:00.
ZeRoGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 15:23   Link #3
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
I was there, too, and wow, was it ever crowded. Too crowded -- so much so that people didn't seem to be interacting much with people outside the in-group that they came with. Lots and lots and lots of cosplay, including a few really neat and interesting ones (the entire Ouran Host Club! the entire cast of Kujiun!), but the con itself felt kind of... meh.

I might go next year if I get roped into helping out with the new shoujo-ai track, but otherwise, I'll find something else to do that weekend.
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 20:34   Link #4
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

That's the only reason I would bother to attend this time.

Quote:
According to some folks over at AnimeNorth, Baldr Force EXE Resolution was on the Geneon trailer disc. Hopefully they'll make an official announcement this coming AX.
Damn, how can I miss at such a crucial time? So, what's in there?
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 20:48   Link #5
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by from Sister Princess, original source unknown
According to some folks over at AnimeNorth, Baldr Force EXE Resolution was on the Geneon trailer disc. Hopefully they'll make an official announcement this coming AX.
I was at the Geneon industry panel yesterday. The sequence of events were: giveaways, KOTOKO appearance/Q&A, and Geneon trailer disc.

The Geneon trailer disc was not fully shown due to difficulties with the DVD player, but this is the table of contents - note that everything on the trailer disc has been previously announced as licensed:

Clip 1: Ishida Yoko concert (featuring a ParaPara remix of Cruel Angel's Thesis)
Clip 2: Strawberry Marshmallow (aka Ichigo Mashimaro)
Clip 3: (not shown, perhaps...? I really don't remember, I believe it was Erementar Gerad - it was definitely NOT the preview to the 2004 KOTOKO concert tour DVD)
Clip 4: The Law of Ueki
Clip 5 (not shown due to insufficient time): Saiyuki Reload Gunlock

If they have a license up their sleeves, they would have licensed it at the panel and hyped it up. But it doesn't seem to be the case for this panel. In fact, I don't think I've even heard of Baldr Force EXE Resolution until you have mentioned it on your post. Unless Geneon decided to be sneaky about their licenses this year...

(Ninja-edited because it's Cruel Angel's Thesis, not Cruel Angel's Crisis...
/me fails at Evangelion knowledge. And properly capitalizing KOTOKO's name.)
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 02:02   Link #6
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoi_Pocky
I was at the Geneon industry panel yesterday. The sequence of events were: giveaways, KOTOKO appearance/Q&A, and Geneon trailer disc.

The Geneon trailer disc was not fully shown due to difficulties with the DVD player, but this is the table of contents - note that everything on the trailer disc has been previously announced as licensed:

Clip 1: Ishida Yoko concert (featuring a ParaPara remix of Cruel Angel's Thesis)
Clip 2: Strawberry Marshmallow (aka Ichigo Mashimaro)
Clip 3: (not shown, perhaps...? I really don't remember, I believe it was Erementar Gerad - it was definitely NOT the preview to the 2004 KOTOKO concert tour DVD)
Clip 4: The Law of Ueki
Clip 5 (not shown due to insufficient time): Saiyuki Reload Gunlock

If they have a license up their sleeves, they would have licensed it at the panel and hyped it up. But it doesn't seem to be the case for this panel. In fact, I don't think I've even heard of Baldr Force EXE Resolution until you have mentioned it on your post. Unless Geneon decided to be sneaky about their licenses this year...
The fact that you haven't even heard of it is probably because it's not even out in Japan yet. The release of the first episode got delayed from end of April to July. Someone who went said what they showed fit the description I gave of the promo disc you got when you ordered the Baldr Force EXE PS2 reduced price version, so I had assumed it was on the trailer disc. Maybe it showed up elsewhere? Anyway, we'll be able to find out during AX.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 08:30   Link #7
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

OMG THATY GRAFFITI WAS MY FRIENDS! I have a pic of them with the marker...they did it saturday night after the J-Pop Dance Party. it was on the 27-North sign
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 14:01   Link #8
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by <xellos>
OMG THATY GRAFFITI WAS MY FRIENDS! I have a pic of them with the marker...they did it saturday night after the J-Pop Dance Party. it was on the 27-North sign
Gee, thank you ever so much for vandalizing my city. I'm sure that everyone else now has a very positive image of anime fans....
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 16:59   Link #9
ZeRoGravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
Gee, thank you ever so much for vandalizing my city. I'm sure that everyone else now has a very positive image of anime fans....
yea, but its pretty funny, and heres the pic. Correction on my post done.

Spoiler:

I personally found the Kotoko concert security was wayyy over the top, metal detectors, bag checks, no pics. Aha, it was funny how everyone told the guys up front to sit down. God that fat guy was annoying .
Old 2006-05-31, 23:38   Link #10
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
oh my god non noobs cosplayinbg 0_0 over that the con here its all naruto and FF u_U oh and Bleach. Was there any KEY cosplay?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 11:53   Link #11
Narumi
*Fansubber

Does anyone know what songs KOTOKO performed at her concert?
Old 2006-06-01, 14:37   Link #12
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Heres some pictures from AN
Spoiler:

enjoy^^

anyone have a picture from AN of Victoria from Hellsing with a Huge Sniper riffle... her SNiper riffle looks so good... ^^

Last edited by ZGMF-X10A; 2006-06-01 at 15:11.
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 15:35   Link #13
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi
Does anyone know what songs KOTOKO performed at her concert?
Suppuration-Core-
Re-Sublimity
Hane
Shooting Star
Chi ni Kaeru (on the Earth)
Wing my Way
Short Circuit
Oboetete liyo (You can Keep Remembering)
Face of Fact
DuDiDUWa*lalala
Being
Old 2006-06-05, 00:49   Link #14
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
Thanks for sharing the pics.. I wish I had went.... missed out on sooo much..
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 04:27   Link #15
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess
Suppuration-Core-
Re-Sublimity
Hane
Shooting Star
Chi ni Kaeru (on the Earth)
Wing my Way
Short Circuit
Oboetete liyo (You can Keep Remembering)
Face of Fact
DuDiDUWa*lalala
Being
;_; She performed Face of Fact and I wasn't there to hear it...
Speaking of which, was it the original game version or the new OVA version that she performed?
Old 2006-06-05, 18:38   Link #16
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
;_; She performed Face of Fact and I wasn't there to hear it...
Speaking of which, was it the original game version or the new OVA version that she performed?
Original version.

Then where have you've been?
Old 2006-06-06, 14:27   Link #17
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess
Original version.

Then where have you've been?
Nowhere near Canada <_<;
The only non-anime non-album song she played at AX 2005 was Wing My Way and Short Circuit I think.
Old 2006-06-06, 15:01   Link #18
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

w00t! i went too =D!! yay! i saw the ouran cosplayers, they were cool. i thought there was too much naruto cosplayers though...o.O i didnt stay overnight b/c i live like 15 minutes away from the place and im not old enough :3 i wanted to see kotoko but i missed it TT_TT so sad!! i only went to shop and see all the cool stuff. it was my first time going there too =D im pretty sure im going next year
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 17:04   Link #19
IshidaKat
Quincy

Send a message via AIM to IshidaKat Send a message via MSN to IshidaKat Send a message via Yahoo to IshidaKat
hey! I was at AN! I was Uryu Ishida from Bleach, and if that doesnt narrow it down lol I was the only one with a sign that said
"I dont hate ALL shinigami" and "I *heart* Ichigo" XD
*sigh* i missed out on the kotoko concert >.< (was in the masquerade and yea...)
there wasnt as many bleach cosplayers as i had expected (which im happy for....2005...WAY too many Inuyasha and Naruto)
IshidaKat is offline   Reply With Quote