AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-16, 17:33   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Madoka Magica - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Madoka Magica. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Old 2011-01-16, 23:08   Link #2
Taufiq91

Well i didn't know Madoka's mom was in the SOS Brigade.
Old 2011-01-16, 23:09   Link #3
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
Well i didn't know Madoka's mom was in the SOS Brigade.
Really?

Well Homura Akemi likes staplers.
Old 2011-01-17, 00:41   Link #4
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan

I get the feeling Kyuubey's a tsundere of sorts.

Spoiler:

TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
HitoriTomoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 01:48   Link #5
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitoriTomoyo View Post

Spoiler:
No comment on that.

Katou's performance in Baka to Test was impressive as of late. Her singing of "Sakura Chiru Sakura Saku" in Hideyoshi's voice is highly recommended. I was addicted to it for quite a good while.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 08:26   Link #6
Cloudy

Maybe Kyubei's true form is a chaotic evil yangire trap/shota ala Alois from Kuroshitsuji II? XD

Oh and Mami is actually Yuuno.
Old 2011-01-17, 10:26   Link #7
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Kyubei is just Yandere.
Old 2011-02-01, 11:02   Link #8
Lightseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Oh and Mami is actually Yuuno.
She is also Miyako from Hidamari Sketch.
Lightseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 22:06   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've added Nonaka Ai (Kyouko) to my characters/seiyuus page, with pics of the so-far six main characters and their seiyuus, and info about the seiyuus.

I think everyone is doing fairly well, with Chiwa (Homura) the most striking voice so far. I look forward to hearing Yuuki Aoi go further off the deep end as life gets more intense for Madoka. I thought her emoting in the last two episodes was good. Her voice often has some artificiality in it, but in a good emotional cause.

Actually, I should mention the good work of Katou Emiri, who is certainly helping make Kyuubei the perplexing figure s/he is.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 14:36   Link #10
Seihai
スマイリウム

lol This thread is certainly dry, I guess the entire cast is doing a good job. I just want to say that I am really thrown off my chair in amazement by Yuuki's and Chiwa's voicing especially in episode 10. For Madoka it's particularly after she had to kill Mami, her crying was disturbingly good, it moved me. And for Homura it's when she is about to shoot Madoka in order to prevent her witch transformation, the sounds Chiwa dishes out then really bring up the despair of the character.
Old 2011-03-12, 19:22   Link #11
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Thank gawd! yuuki aoi, saitou chiwa, and katou emiri are all safe from the disaster. the rest of the cast, i guess they're fine as well.

anyhow, i love saitou chiwa's voice. she always manages to capture homura's emotions through her voice, making me feel those emotions as well. Very impressive.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 20:14   Link #12
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
And for Homura it's when she is about to shoot Madoka in order to prevent her witch transformation, the sounds Chiwa dishes out then really bring up the despair of the character.
That sound really tore my heart,and still does when I rewatch,major props to Saitou Chiwa.
Old 2011-03-12, 20:19   Link #13
Crontica

Are the Seiyus STILL ALIVE?
Old 2011-03-12, 20:21   Link #14
Seihai
スマイリウム

Well, SHAFT is ok and Homura / Madoka / Sayaka are also fine. I don't know about the others but let's just hope and assume so.
Old 2011-03-12, 20:47   Link #15
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Junko Iwao is in this show, therefore it is the greatest anime ever.

Oh, and the show's writing might have something to do with this opinion, as well.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 21:55   Link #16
sa547
*Author

Episode 10 might as well been their finest dramatic performance, and to hear Madoka crying hard is enough to cause manly tears.
Old 2011-03-13, 01:25   Link #17
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitoriTomoyo View Post
lol what

Madoka's voice actor is the best, by the way.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 19:10   Link #18
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Madoka's voice was so adorable in episode 10... I forgot what she sounded like when she was happy. ^^;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 19:41   Link #19
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

So far the best line for me has been Sayaka's "I'm really an idiot" line in ep 8. Ep 9 replaces the emotion in that line with flatness. The VA's portrayal of that line was superb. Made me feel bad for her even as someone who finds little pity for Sayaka due to her own choices.
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 17:39   Link #20
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
So far the best line for me has been Sayaka's "I'm really an idiot" line in ep 8. Ep 9 replaces the emotion in that line with flatness. The VA's portrayal of that line was superb.
I thought I was the only one who felt this way, the way she said the line in episode 8 made me feel for her a bit... but it didn't hit me the same way when she said it again in episode 9. I wish they just used the same voice clip from episode 8. >.>

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote