AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-14, 18:24   Link #881
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Speaking of time, I think the three years in between the first airing and this one, with just a few bits of information spread out over that time, is also a huge factor in this. If people are like me, something they read or heard about 1 to 2 years ago isn't likely to be a vivid memory. For instance, the July 2008 Newtype I think most people just remember the picture that was on the cover and not really what was said in it. Assuming people are forgetful like I am lol

Edit - I got to thinking about Sigh V possibly ending with the group getting ready to screen the movie and how that would be a clear cut sign that you are supposed to watch Episode 00 right after. So, for anyone insisting on watching the original airing and then the new episodes in the order they aired, I've provided an easy picture to see why this could pose a problem.

Spoiler for Picture:

And you thought Endless Eight was bad.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.

Last edited by Heminga13; 2009-08-14 at 21:25.
Old 2009-08-14, 21:42   Link #882
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
Edit - I got to thinking about Sigh V possibly ending with the group getting ready to screen the movie and how that would be a clear cut sign that you are supposed to watch Episode 00 right after. So, for anyone insisting on watching the original airing and then the new episodes in the order they aired, I've provided an easy picture to see why this could pose a problem.

Spoiler for Picture:

And you thought Endless Eight was bad.
That made me chuckle a bit. I would just recommend new watchers to see the 1st episode (episode 00) after finishing both the old and new episodes, OR watch in chronological order.
Old 2009-08-14, 21:59   Link #883
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

It's a lot easier to watch it chronological now imo. I mean, it is the current way KyoAni is showing it and all.

I think it really makes it easier for new watchers to get into the series. Before they almost always had to witness a debate over 'broadcast vs. chronological' for the original episodes and it might have been a turn-off for some witnessing all the varied opinions on how to watch an anime. Now, just watch it chronological. You get all 28 episodes in one normal package. Except they'll have to listen to the Endless Eight debates now...

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-08-14, 22:17   Link #884
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Spoiler for Picture:

Spoiler:

... sorry.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-14, 22:19   Link #885
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
That is a hilarious situation

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
Old 2009-08-14, 22:25   Link #886
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post

Spoiler:

... sorry.
XD

That actually fits with the picture quite well. I've only thought about an exchange of dialog (it's weird that it can be that or dialogue but the latter is always wrong on spell check) between a fan and KyoAni.

Spoiler for What KyoAni should do.:

Old 2009-08-14, 22:34   Link #887
orangejuicetang

how many new episodes are left for the new season?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-08-14, 22:38   Link #888
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
how many new episodes are left for the new season?
21 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part II
22 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part III
23 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part IV
24 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
25 - The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00
26 - Live Alive
27 - The Day of Sagittarius
28 - Someday in the Rain

Old 2009-08-14, 22:44   Link #889
OkamiNoKaze

I got that recursive feeling the first time I tried to watch the show in broadcast order, granted I had watchted it in chronological order the first time, but I got to the end of Melancholy VI and wanted to watch the stories that came after it again, starting with Boredom
Old 2009-08-14, 22:51   Link #890
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

I can see why people preferred broadcast, but I watched it chronological the first time, too, and I was hooked after Melancholy VI. Every other episode was just fun to watch. Granted, this was first anime series I went out and watched after having stopped watching Toonami for several years. It's probably the main reason why I'm so much more fond of it than everything else.

I ended up watching it again with a couple roommates a few months afterwards in broadcast order and the one that actually liked it (the other now hates it with a passion and I enjoy bringing it up for lulz) said he would have probably liked to watch it chronological instead.

Anyway, anybody else hyping the unannounced Vanishment movie yet? I know I still am! I've got some more thoughts of the possibility of it but I won't post them until Sunday or something. I'm busy tomorrow for once.....I can't wait to head back to college.

Old 2009-08-14, 23:04   Link #891
Mauru

Quote:
21 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part II
22 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part III
23 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part IV
24 - The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
25 - The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00
26 - Live Alive
27 - The Day of Sagittarius
28 - Someday in the Rain
Is this official? or a fan guess?
Old 2009-08-14, 23:06   Link #892
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauru View Post
Is this official? or a fan guess?
Fan guess.

It's like 90% accurate at this point though.
Old 2009-08-14, 23:09   Link #893
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

look what i found on ep. 20!
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-14, 23:16   Link #894
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I already drew attention to that, like, twice.
Old 2009-08-14, 23:16   Link #895
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealkidHaruhiism View Post
look what i found on ep. 20!
Spoiler:
That...might very well be the same uniform lol. Looks to be the right style and I can see the white strip at the end of their arms. KyoAni you sneaky...

Edit - Kaisos, where was I when you mentioned it?! ;_; I see how it is, leaving me out of the loop...wait, loops are bad.

Old 2009-08-14, 23:17   Link #896
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Also found in "Someday in the Rain" as pointed out somewhere around here.

edit: ninja'd by Kaisos
Old 2009-08-14, 23:17   Link #897
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Also found in "Someday in the Rain" as pointed out somewhere around here.
Those students go to to a different school... they had navy uniforms and striped ribbons...
Old 2009-08-14, 23:32   Link #898
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Fan guess.

It's like 90% accurate at this point though.
I don't know. I get how it would feel more chronologically smooth that way, but five episodes for Sighs? Four and an anime original episode (like Someday in the Rain) sounds like a more judicious use of the episodes that are left... either that, or a Vanishment cliffhanger.

Mind you, this is KyoAni that we're talking about...
Old 2009-08-14, 23:43   Link #899
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't know. I get how it would feel more chronologically smooth that way, but five episodes for Sighs? Four and an anime original episode (like Someday in the Rain) sounds like a more judicious use of the episodes that are left... either that, or a Vanishment cliffhanger.

Yeah, but unless the last DVD isn't 5.99999 then it's not going to happen. Which it might not be because it will end up only having one episode (leaving two DVDs for four Sigh episodes). That would mean BLR gets 1 episode/DVD, Endless Eight gets 8 episodes/4 DVDs, Sigh gets 4 episodes/2 DVDs, and then one other episode gets the last DVD. But that would mean they'd want to end a season with a cliffhanger and no longer have Someday in the Rain be the 'prelude' as I call it. Or maybe they'll throw in some other random episode in between.

But since I'm the Vanishment movie man and that goes against my speculation I say 'NO!' lol We'll see in about 4 weeks, though.

Old 2009-08-14, 23:43   Link #900
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

The thing is that there's no room for it, is the problem.
Closed Thread