AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-10-15, 01:08   Link #1
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Sofiel's Place of Being

Hello and Welcome to my little section of the forums.

Here you will find many of the various things that I am working on. As well I shall share poems, Tang Poems, Haiku, and Musings. In time I may add my paintings, caligraphy, and other things I am working on. I must apologise as I have very little skill with image manipulation and computers, so this thread may seem rather drab.

Lets start with an excerpt from my story shall we?

Spoiler for Forbidden Desire Prologue:

Story - Forbidden Desire (Dropped):
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Story - A World With Only Us:
Sigh Factory and Chance Meeting

Folklore:
Enlightenment
What Do I Look Like?
The Monk and The Spider

Poetry:
The Bottle
Dear Dream
Cricket and the Ice Queen
Three Step Poems
Still I Burn
The Chairman
Misfit Toy

Inspirational:
Musings with Papermario13689 (Paper)
Musings with Papermario13689 (Me)
A Hole in the Bucket

Last edited by Yuno; 2011-12-30 at 06:43. Reason: Adding More Stuff!
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 01:56   Link #2
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

That is quite a fascinating piece of writing - I do hope to see more~
Old 2010-10-15, 01:58   Link #3
Yuno
Balanced Diet

You may yet, that was my last year's nanowrimo. I haven't expanded upon it in a while because it was making me sad to write. However, I am intending to pick up the rest this year, I have a tragic end in mind~ Usually my psychological work gets pushed aside from my childhood story.

I am glad that you were able to find enjoyment from it ^.^
Old 2010-10-15, 02:17   Link #4
Chimuts
Call me Anego!~

Location: In a room as blue as the sky, as cool as the autumn wind and as quiet as the desert
Send a message via MSN to Chimuts
Good use of language, and the story piqued my interest
Looking forward to the continuation of the story
Old 2010-10-15, 02:25   Link #5
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Hehe oh dear, I suppose I shall edit and post more of the story soon then~ I thank you for your compliments!
Old 2010-10-15, 03:03   Link #6
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuts View Post
Good use of language, and the story piqued my interest
Looking forward to the continuation of the story
I agree with Chitmuts here o.o
I am looking forward to more
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 06:52   Link #7
Yuno
Balanced Diet

~The Monk and the Poet ~
-Enlightenment-

This was my favourite story when I was young. My Ahyi used to tell me all these stories to help me understand Tao/Buddhism a bit better. However, religion aside these are funny little stories between a monk and his friend the poet. Consider this an intermission before I share more of "Forbidden Desire." Hope you enjoy it!

There was once a monk and a poet, the two of them believed that their respective paths would lead them to enlightenment. They were good friends who grew up together and with a common goal they often quarreled. The poet believed that it was through the arts and self expression that one could achieve enlightenment. While the monk believed it was through discipline and meditation.

One day while the poet was writing he had a sudden flash of inspiration. That inspiration touched him so deeply he exclaimed "AH! This must be enlightenment!" He continued with his poem writing words of beauty and splendour, when all saw it they felt that he was truly gifted by heaven. In his joy he immediately went to his study and wrote a letter to his friend the monk. He told his friend that he had achieved enlightenment through a poem he wrote and enclosed the poem.

He delivered the letter the next day hoping that he could prove to the monk his path was the correct one. When the letter arrived the monk read it, and gave it very careful consideration. He then took out his brush and wrote on the back "A fart full of baloney," Statisfied he sent the letter along with the courier.

The poet was very eager to recieve this letter and would inquire with the courier everyday. When the letter finally came the poet quickly grasped it and hurried to his study. When he opened it and saw what the monk had wrote he became extremely angry. He paced mulling over the words, but he could not get the clear violation of his art out of his mind. He resolved that he would confront the monk and prove his poem to be truth.

The poet gathered his things for the journey that would take him a few days. He endured much and traveled with great difficult over the yellow river. When he arrived at the monks monestary he saw a stone on the door. He carefully examined it and written on that stone were these words: "You speak and write of enlightenment yet you were chased over the river by a fart."
Old 2010-10-15, 21:21   Link #8
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
~The Monk and the Poet ~
Gives me the thought of the monk you chatted with in the Afterlife thread

But otherwise, welcome to the Fan Creations section Sora (a little late) so far, I'm really enjoying your stores, it sparks an interest.
Old 2010-10-15, 21:28   Link #9
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Oh thank you for the warm welcome and compliments. I was hesitant to post here because I thought it had to all be anime related. The monk really does, they seem to develop this sort of clever humor as they cultivate. I hope to add more in the future~
Old 2010-10-15, 21:32   Link #10
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora Kasugano View Post
Oh thank you for the warm welcome and compliments. I was hesitant to post here because I thought it had to all be anime related. The monk really does, they seem to develop this sort of clever humor as they cultivate. I hope to add more in the future~
I was really worried about posting my avatar gallery as well, thats why I hid in a box when I posted it it doesn't all have to anime related, there are many fan-fictions/stories/etc posted here that are irrelevant to anime. As long as its made from a member
Old 2010-10-15, 22:37   Link #11
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Ah okay, if it wasn't for you and Daniel E. clearing that up for me I would be very much hidden in a box. It is good that they have a section like that here. I wish I could do avatars and signatures. The avatars I have I cropped and sized in paint. Sworn was so kind to make me a signature.
Old 2010-10-15, 23:09   Link #12
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Glad I could be of help.

Fan creations certainly needs more non-sig threads.
Old 2010-10-16, 01:15   Link #13
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Hehe, thank you Daniel~ You are so very kind. I hope I can offer a few different things. Hopefully I can express something as intriguing as signatures though~
Old 2010-10-16, 05:23   Link #14
Chimuts
Call me Anego!~

Location: In a room as blue as the sky, as cool as the autumn wind and as quiet as the desert
the monk and poet story was funny it made me laugh intermissions are needed every now and then I guess.
looking forward to "Forbidden Desire"
Old 2010-10-16, 17:36   Link #15
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora Kasugano View Post
Hehe, thank you Daniel~ You are so very kind. I hope I can offer a few different things. Hopefully I can express something as intriguing as signatures though~
Stories are very intriguing for me especially the time the person spent in thinking of a story to make for it (thats why I like reading manga, the idea of how long it would be to think of things like that.) of course Avatars/Signatures are very tough to make (Avatars were somewhat easier then Signatures for me) Stories are always amazing to ready, so looking forward to reading more from you
Old 2010-10-16, 20:10   Link #16
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Here is another installment of "Forbidden Desire" I hope you all like it~ I'm putting them out in small sections because I like how it reads. Normally when I write a short story I do it this way as well. Bit by bit the reader gets the story and what is going on~ Think of the first part as a kind of prologue the story will eventually catch up to that point. So without further ado~ the beginning:

Spoiler for Forbidden Desire: Part 1:
Old 2010-10-17, 04:56   Link #17
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

A great continuation, I love your style of writing

Slightly off topic, but I couldn't resist. Your signature, the ending bit is in Korean, yes? I'm not positive, but does it say something along the lines of:

I am crazy~but would you marry with me~~

It's like a poem, quite lovely
Old 2010-10-17, 05:17   Link #18
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Hahahaha yes that is what the words say in my tagline XDD *blushes red*

I am glad you like my style of writing, there is more to come. I am seeing how much people like my writing, it's boosting my confidence to actually publish my series. Hehe like a poem ^.^
Old 2010-10-17, 06:14   Link #19
Chimuts
Call me Anego!~

I really envy your deep vocabulary and writing skills great job!
Old 2010-10-17, 06:30   Link #20
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Thank you so much, I am very honored that you think so. It would appear manners school paid off. Though I thought it a bore as a child. I hope to show much more in the future~ The next installment will be much larger than this one as something very interesting happens.