AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-02, 16:25   Link #16941
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

There's a nice livestream from the park perspective by the fellow from JeepersMedia, Michael Mozart (the fail toys reviewer) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VFdAihy0xc
He's kept a nice record of some events of the last few days on his Google+ https://plus.google.com/103533326117556337218/posts
Old 2011-10-02, 16:25   Link #16942
flying ^

also, what makes the Tea Party movement head and shoulders and a class above this unorganized Anonymous-style (or inspired) protest/movement turned-real-life is you have the right to peaceful protest, but you don't have the right to interfere with the free movement of others as a result of that protest! Rounding up and summarily hauling away these 3d anons today is a fine example

Cops in NY and other eastern cities better be on stand-by cause a gaggle 3d anons might unlawfully trespass key institutions in a Habo Hotel fashion and execution
Old 2011-10-02, 17:24   Link #16943
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Are you blind or did you willingly choose to ignore the following PIC that Vexx posted not too long ago?

Old 2011-10-02, 17:30   Link #16944
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

They are pretty quick at switching whos fault it was.. Only 20 minutes...
Old 2011-10-02, 17:35   Link #16945
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

@Sugetsu,

sometimes a provocation is just a provocation... there is no need to actually reply.. this is like begging for more provocation.
Old 2011-10-02, 17:38   Link #16946
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Are you blind or did you willingly choose to ignore the following PIC that Vexx posted not too long ago?

better round 'em up and haul away ASAP than to see them cause massive disorder in other key infastructures and institutions!
Old 2011-10-02, 17:41   Link #16947
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Holy Sh*t!!! Looks like the freedom plaza protests are going to be interesting....

How are CNN, Fox and MSNBC covering this?

I found this video:

CNN, Fox, and MSNBC are not going to cover this unless it gets violent and we see water-cannons, tear gas, and rubber bullets flying.
These protestors are just sitting in the street excercising their right to protest the corporatist pigs plunder of the United States.

Not that the banksters care.
They're yucking it up.

They're not going to listen to us, and if we get out of line they've got a whole plethora of methods of dealing with us.
It's sick, but even more sick is that these bankster types do not see us as human.
We're "resources" to many of them, and if we start getting upity, they'll sick the dogs, the military, or--if push comes to shove--a crisis on us.

What do you think the militarization of the police, the street cameras, the TSA checkpoints, the repeal of Posse Comitatus, the "war on Drugs," and gun control is actually for?

I'm happy to see these protestors going about this the same way the original Tea Party did.
No violence, and simply making their voices heard.
However, that said, the original Tea Party didn't stop the Health Care law from passing, and they were greater in number than OccupyWallStreet appears to be, so what makes you think the OWS protestors will fare any better than the TP did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
gotta love this...

this really highlights the difference between civilized Tea Party protests a couple years ago vs the riot-prone, combative-by-name OccypyWallStreet.
They're both behaving themselves flying.
The police tried to set up the OccupyWallStreet people as being "violent" just like the media tried to set up the original Tea Party as being "racist."
In both instances the protestors were being manipulated by agitators and pro-corporate provacateurs to misbehave.
Hopefully the OccupyWallStreet crowd won't get taken over by some monied special interest group like the Koch brothers....oh wait they're calling for the globalist "Robin Hood Tax" supported by uber-rich types like George Soros and Warren Buffett...guess they've already been co-opted.

Damn, that was fast!
Old 2011-10-02, 17:47   Link #16948
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Lesser of two evils, dude. We don't have a "good end" option here. It's just an array of "bad ends," and some are worse than others. It's why, even though I don't particularly like him, I'll most likely vote for Obama (assuming I even bother to vote).

Better the snake you know than the one you don't.
Old 2011-10-02, 17:55   Link #16949
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Lesser of two evils, dude. We don't have a "good end" option here. It's just an array of "bad ends," and some are worse than others. It's why, even though I don't particularly like him, I'll most likely vote for Obama (assuming I even bother to vote).

Better the snake you know than the one you don't.
I'll wait until the GOP decides on a candidate before I make my choice.
Obama is better than some of the GOP candidates but not all IMHO.

If Perry, Bachmann, Gingrich, Huntsman, Palin, or Santorum get the GOP nomination I'm voting Libertarian (again).

If Paul, Romney, or Kain get the GOP nomination I'll vote for one of them.

I will not vote for Obama.
He's just been George Bush Junior (light), and that's what people were trying to avoid in 08.
Four more years of this guy and who knows how many more wars we'll be entangled in.
Old 2011-10-02, 18:13   Link #16950
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I'll wait until the GOP decides on a candidate before I make my choice.
Obama is better than some of the GOP candidates but not all IMHO.

If Perry, Bachmann, Gingrich, Huntsman, Palin, or Santorum get the GOP nomination I'm voting Libertarian (again).

If Paul, Romney, or Kain get the GOP nomination I'll vote for one of them.

I will not vote for Obama.
He's just been George Bush Junior (light), and that's what people were trying to avoid in 08.
Four more years of this guy and who knows how many more wars we'll be entangled in.
I've seen nothing from Romney or Cain that shows that they wouldn't continue or expand upon what Obama and Bush has done regarding wars.

Paul would be the only one I have confidence in who would not go to war unless directly attacked.
Old 2011-10-02, 18:37   Link #16951
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
I've seen nothing from Romney or Cain that shows that they wouldn't continue or expand upon what Obama and Bush has done regarding wars.

Paul would be the only one I have confidence in who would not go to war unless directly attacked.
Like I said, I have not made up my mind yet.
Paul is my number one choice over all of the candidates both Dem and Repub, but the establishment GOP is not going to let him win the nomination.
It will take a landslide in the primaries for them to accept him as the nominee.

The other two are just my second choices (for various reasons) should they get the nomination since they're the lesser of the evils we have to choose from IMO.
Old 2011-10-02, 18:41   Link #16952
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

At least Huntsman can speak Chinese. That's a lot more international experience then half these GOP guys who've never set foot outside the United States, let alone spoke a foreign language.
Old 2011-10-02, 19:11   Link #16953
GundamFan0083

Huntsman is an enigma to me.

I don't really know how to judge him outside of his performance in the debates.

As the governor of Utah he's been pseudo-Libertarian (or right-of center Libertarian), and while that is appealing to me, some of his gaffes have me wondering if he's telling us the truth about how he feels and how he would execute the office of President, or if he's like Obama and will tell us what we want to hear to get elected, then do what his financer's want.
Old 2011-10-02, 19:42   Link #16954
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Huntsman is about the only one I could sit with (outside of Paul) for more than a minute without smacking them with an "idiot club" for something inane that comes out of their mouth.

As for supposed gaffes by Huntsman, "assault weapons" is a meaningless term that means what the listener wants it to mean, and assault rifles only refer to heavy caliber fully automatic weapons. I consider even asking the question to be a landmine along the lines of "when did you stop beating your wife".

But... it doesn't matter because the corporate media is shuffling him offstage just as fast as they can.
Old 2011-10-02, 19:55   Link #16955
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Huntsman is about the only one I could sit with (outside of Paul) for more than a minute without smacking them with an "idiot club" for something inane that comes out of their mouth.

As for supposed gaffes by Huntsman, "assault weapons" is a meaningless term that means what the listener wants it to mean, and assault rifles only refer to heavy caliber fully automatic weapons. I consider even asking the question to be a landmine along the lines of "when did you stop beating your wife".

But... it doesn't matter because the corporate media is shuffling him offstage just as fast as they can.
You know Vexx, I've noticed that.
Which is why of all the ones on my "not voting for" list, he's the only one who could switch places with say Romney or Cain (or both if those two don't shape up).
He's an interesting gentleman no doubt, I just wonder about some of his so called "flip-flops" on things like the individual mandate and such.

Where Paul is concrete in his positions, many of the other candidates are not.
I wish Huntsman were more like Paul in so far as always sticking to his "guns," then I could get behind the man.
Old 2011-10-02, 20:03   Link #16956
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Huntsman did poorly in the debates because he sunk to the level of his rivals.

The guy actually has a degree of competency and intelligence, and his record stands way above his rivals. Particularly in international affairs, which is probably one of the president's most significant duties. With Huntsman we'd know America wasn't about to destroy the international order.
Old 2011-10-02, 20:17   Link #16957
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
"when did you stop beating your wife".
That one gets weird when the answer comes back, "when she said it was my turn."
Old 2011-10-02, 20:31   Link #16958
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Huntsman did poorly in the debates because he sunk to the level of his rivals.

The guy actually has a degree of competency and intelligence, and his record stands way above his rivals. Particularly in international affairs, which is probably one of the president's most significant duties. With Huntsman we'd know America wasn't about to destroy the international order.
Huntsman is in a 'no win' ... in the GOP primary he basically has to pass the gauntlet of what can easily be described as the "modern lunatic fringe". In the last few years, that has red-shifted so far to the right that it requires a complete rewrite of history for them to be electable to mainstream folks.
Old 2011-10-02, 21:18   Link #16959
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought it was especially telling that David Brooks's recent defense of Romney consisted of admiration for his lack of authenticity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks
That’s why you should love [Romney]. Let me put it this way: Would you rather have someone who authentically agrees with Michele Bachmann or someone who is just faking it?
When the primary argument for Romney's superiority over the other Republican candidates is that you can't trust what he says, that says a lot about both the field and the nature of contemporary American politics.

Spoiler for wonky stuff:
Old 2011-10-02, 22:05   Link #16960
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Huntsman is in a 'no win' ... in the GOP primary he basically has to pass the gauntlet of what can easily be described as the "modern lunatic fringe". In the last few years, that has red-shifted so far to the right that it requires a complete rewrite of history for them to be electable to mainstream folks.
To be honest, I can't really see any candidate than isn't a tea-party favorite to become the GOP candidate.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international