AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-10, 07:38   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Oh man I loved the part when Natsume was protecting Nyanko-Sensei from Matoba and later on uses the same line that Nyanko-Sensei uses on him all the time "I was protecting the book of friends"....awww those two.
Gotta love how tsundere those two are for each other, especially Nyanko-sensei who isn't fooling anybody anymore (did he ever? ).

I liked the scene with the Fujiwaras and the sweater too. They make such a cute family.
Old 2012-01-10, 09:42   Link #62
HandofFate

Who was Old-Woman Matoba referring to near the end of episode 2 when she said something to the effect of,

"He's too powerful. Even all of our servant youkai together might not be able to hurt him."

Also earlier when Misuzu was talking to Hinoe,

"Then you should take it(the book) from him and make it so he can solely live in the human world"

Does that imply Hinoe has to the ability to seal his Natsume's ability to see youkai?
Old 2012-01-10, 09:54   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

1) He's got uber powerful youkais Misuzu and Madara as his bodyguards. The servant youkais of the Matoba clan pale in comparison.

2) Not sure. I think what he was saying was that without the book of friends, Natsume wouldn't be forced to get involved with youkais and thereby would be able to ignore them and live like an ordinary human.
Old 2012-01-10, 10:38   Link #64
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I think the older woman was talking about Rokka although I did wonder at first if she meant Natsume as well. No clue if Hinoe can seal his ability to see yokai, we have seen other spirits that can do that before, but I thought Misuzu meant just take away the book.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:01   Link #65
blewin

the old woman means Natsume. It's clear from the manga.

and the "it" is the Book of Friends.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 04:40   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Oh man I loved the part when Natsume was protecting Nyanko-Sensei from Matoba and later on uses the same line that Nyanko-Sensei uses on him all the time "I was protecting the book of friends"....awww those two.

I also loved Natsume's huge smile when the Youkai told him he was no longer going to take the book of friends.
It's scenes like these that leave warm fuzzy feelings in my stomach, both anime and manga. Also, both reasons are why i find the decision to start the 4th season with this arc a good one. It shows the viewers the progress that's been made regarding Natsume's growth since the start.
Old 2012-01-11, 05:43   Link #67
Kakkou
Tch.

This was such a good starting arc which also felt like a season finale too. It almost felt like I was going into a 5th season when the preview kicked in.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 06:52   Link #68
Edict

I'm unsure what I want more from this series, in one sense development has been protracted over prior seasons and yet it is the reflective nature of the show which has primarily made the experience so enjoyable throughout. Any concern I may have had with the idea of a continuing season has been largely abated with these two episodes, the forest imagery was especially good.
Edict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 00:55   Link #69
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

More scans!

Spoiler for size:
Old 2012-01-13, 01:36   Link #70
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, that's pretty shameless, ain't it?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 10:49   Link #71
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I remember joking before that the last shot in episode one (which looked pretty similar to the first scan) was pure fangirl fodder, suppose it's part of the reason this show has sold so well. XD
Old 2012-01-13, 11:31   Link #72
warita
Dai-Youkai

So it is not a coincidence I was picking up some shounen ai vibes in this series. I especially felt it in that episode where Natsume was invited to the Onsen hotel by that light brown hair dude, who has that lizzard formed mark on his skin.... I forgot his name.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 13:10   Link #73
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There's far more shounen-ai vibes in the promotional art than in the series itself

Nattori Shuichi is the character you mean, BTW.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 15:39   Link #74
FireChick

Is it just me, or does Matoba look a LOT younger in the scan than he does in the anime?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 22:06   Link #75
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Is it just me, or does Matoba look a LOT younger in the scan than he does in the anime?
It's not just you. I didn't even recognize Matoba on first glance because he looked so much younger. Or maybe it was just the fold in the scan that flummoxed me.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 22:51   Link #76
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I think it's the art style, his face looks more feminine (and more snake like too o.O ), although I think they said he's pretty young in the anime, like early to mid-20s young.

I think I need to keep re-posting scans here if they get this much talk going.
Old 2012-01-14, 06:12   Link #77
warita
Dai-Youkai

Interesting...... so then this show much be mainly targetted at female audience? Not that I mind, being a female anime fan.

But it sure explains why Natsume has no love interest.... I mean none whatsoever.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 09:31   Link #78
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Interesting...... so then this show much be mainly targetted at female audience? Not that I mind, being a female anime fan.

But it sure explains why Natsume has no love interest.... I mean none whatsoever.
The Natsume manga runs in the LaLa magazine, one of the quintessential shougo manga magazines. The primary intended audience is most definitely female. However, one of the many things that makes Natsume such a good manga/anime is its cross-gender appeal.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 09:39   Link #79
CWW
Lurker

Natsume and Sasada/Taki had some moments in S1/2, but yeah, romance isn't the main focus of the show. There are some arcs focused on the love between youkai and/or humans, which I hope the fourth season will return to. They're usually the most bittersweet.

I must confess I sort of miss Sasada's fangirl mode. Oh well, at least she's still around, since I think she moved away relatively quickly in the manga. Curse you, shounen-ai!
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 20:02   Link #80
Kirarakim

I think a lot of anime geared towards girls do have a romance focus so it's actually nice for me that Natsume doesn't. I actually love that the main focus in this series is on friendship.

At least this is true for our main character. As CWW pointed out there are individual stories of romance throughout the series.

Tags
fantasy, shoujo