AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-25, 08:18   Link #2081
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Other than holding Miyuki hostage, what could anyone possibly do to restrain him? There isn't much you can do to a guy who can cast people out of existence and destroy all life as we know it.

This is actually the event I'm anticipating the most in this series, the moment when his cover is blown. Can't wait to see the look on Masaki's face when he realizes what a tiny spec of dust he is compared to Tatsuya.
The material burst ability is already known to the public since Tatsuya used it his childhood and have given it more coverage because the "Scorched Halloween" event. He is already a man who is being investigated and search throughout the world because his ability is already classified as "too dangerous". I doubt that anyone would not favor Tatsuya to be on their side at all cost. Dead or Alive.
Old 2012-12-25, 14:09   Link #2082
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Thanks for the present Deryakis
Old 2012-12-25, 15:20   Link #2083
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Thanks a lot for the chapter. I just remembered that I'm filled with Rin-chan love and I have no ways to express this.
Old 2012-12-25, 16:49   Link #2084
kfcpanda

Material Burst is not widely known.

Military hid it up when he used it in his childhood & his second usage in the Yokohama arc is also covered up.

If it were widely known then he wouldn't have to be secretive in high school/hide his identity&powers, doesn't make sense otherwise
Old 2012-12-25, 17:55   Link #2085
Flere821
Lurker

All the public knows is there are magical equivalent of dirty bomb nukes, without the fuss like radiation, and Japan can (and had) deploy them in defence of their country. Who can use it is still secret though.
Old 2012-12-25, 19:21   Link #2086
pampz21
ShipCore

Guys if tatsuya use material burst on whole a boat will that destroy the whole continent?

including passengers and the likes?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2012-12-25, 19:26   Link #2087
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Guys if tatsuya use material burst on whole a boat will that destroy the whole continent?

including passengers and the likes?
I was under the impression that a drop of water next to the boat was enough to destroy a few boats. and a flag for a fleet....
Old 2012-12-25, 20:00   Link #2088
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I was under the impression that a drop of water next to the boat was enough to destroy a few boats. and a flag for a fleet....
I believe he is referring to using the boat as a medium to activate his material burst.
Old 2012-12-25, 21:44   Link #2089
reaper_unique

I've read that Mari is already taken but I've never seen a mention of whom she is with. Anyone know? Just curious
Old 2012-12-25, 21:48   Link #2090
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
I've read that Mari is already taken but I've never seen a mention of whom she is with. Anyone know? Just curious
If you read the 9 schools chapter 4 It'll talk about him

Spoiler for Mari's Lover:
Old 2012-12-25, 21:51   Link #2091
silverflash

Mari is the Girlfriend of Erika's elder brother
Old 2012-12-26, 00:20   Link #2092
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Assuming that a boat or a ship would weigh a couple of ton... well, that'll be blatant overkill.

Old 2012-12-26, 00:38   Link #2093
silverflash

I think even Tatsuya's psion reserves would not be high enough to convert that much mass to energy
Old 2012-12-26, 00:50   Link #2094
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverflash View Post
Mari is the Girlfriend of Erika
Nods approvingly.
Old 2012-12-26, 06:59   Link #2095
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverflash View Post
I think even Tatsuya's psion reserves would not be high enough to convert that much mass to energy
But I doubt that tatsuya's maximum would be a drop of water or bullet maybe something bigger.
Old 2012-12-26, 09:07   Link #2096
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

This is probably the incorrect place but it's semi-related I guess.
I just read the latest chapter of the manga. There Mari blurted out her BF's name but she said "Shuu" which I know is suppose to be Shuji Chiba. But Dreyakis' translation for his name in vol4 is Naotsugu Chiba. So which is the correct translation for it?
Old 2012-12-26, 09:19   Link #2097
Awrya
U mad?

Should be Naotsugu.
Apparently his name is commonly translated as Shuji (even with google translate), but according to Dreykaris the correct reading should be Naotsugu.
Old 2012-12-26, 09:20   Link #2098
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Supposedly it's Naotsugu. I asked a similar question before when someone edited his name for chapter 10 vol and got answered that the correct one is Naotsugu.

Old 2012-12-26, 10:43   Link #2099
EnigmaticAxiom

It's Naotsugu. Sorry, that was my fault, most likely. It was translated as Shuuji in my summaries, but that was mainly because I didn't realize the furigana would outright write it in the LN when I first read the name. It also doesn't help that the first time I read the name was in Arc 5/6 of the web novel which I wouldn't have the LN as a reference. I just stuck with it because I didn't give it much thought.

Most likely, she's saying "Nao..." or whatever
Old 2012-12-26, 20:23   Link #2100
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Speaking of that particular relationship, I was really thinking the problems between Erika and Mari would be something to do with magic or status but I was way off. And Miyuki is the only person in the entire world that doesn't have the right to make fun of bro-cons
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings