AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-11-12, 14:16   Link #681
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
Only with a couple of scenes. Maybe, somewhere around 10-15 minutes. TA is rather advanced in this plan, oh yeah.
Um, I already said that too. But even if there were only a few scenes, they were still there, so my point still stands. I doubt the fact that Tomoyo After was originally an eroge has any effect on its chances of being animated. (Though a few months ago, I'd say "No way Tomoyo After is ever being animated!", but then the OVA came out, and I now believe it's a definite possibility.)

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2008-11-12 at 14:17. Reason: Never mind the last part, I've said it a thousand times already. So I removed it.
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 15:23   Link #682
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Um, I already said that too
Yeah, but not about TA. Talking about ero-stuff - does it really matters ? I don't think so.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 15:36   Link #683
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I still think Tomoyo After would be a bad idea, especially after After Story's ending is released.

I'm slowly growing sick of both Clannad and Haruhi. 'S why Munto and the speculated LB adaptation would be godsends.

By the way, how long is LB? Would it fit into a 24-26 episode season?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 15:38   Link #684
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No. Although Little Busters is certainly shorter than Clannad, it is still big.
Because of its structure, making it 26 would require major overhaul.

I would say that LB "should" have 3 cour, though it will most likely get 2 only, should it be adapted.
Old 2008-11-12, 23:24   Link #685
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I want planetarian in there or ONE remake XD I agree Tomoyo After would be a good OVA series or maybe just 12 episodes
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 02:42   Link #686
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

No, no more ONE remakes. It's more then enough of two of them. And h-version is much better, btw.
Old 2008-11-13, 07:28   Link #687
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Well, if you look at the pricing of the visual novels and the length, there MAY be a connection...

AIR: Y3800; 13-ep (1 cour)
Kanon: Y2800; initially 13-ep (1 cour), then Kyoani's 24-ep (2 cour)
CLANNAD: Y6800; first season had 24-ep (2 cour)

So if this is what we use, then:
Tomoyo After: Y5800; 2 cour? (or is After Story meant to replace this??)
Planetarian: Y2800; 1 cour?
Little Busters: Y8800; 3 cour?
LB EX: Y8800; 3 cour?
Rewrite: No idea...

And no, please, no more ONE. We already had two OVA series, and total 7 episodes. Two studios on one VN is enough, really. Of course, if it's Kyoani, I may be saying something different... but if it's TOEI, then FORGET IT! They screwed up the first Kanon TV anime series, the Air movie and the Clannad movie. (Basically every Key project they took on.)
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 07:43   Link #688
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Well, if you look at the pricing of the visual novels and the length, there MAY be a connection...

AIR: Y3800; 13-ep (1 cour)
Kanon: Y2800; initially 13-ep (1 cour), then Kyoani's 24-ep (2 cour)
CLANNAD: Y6800; first season had 24-ep (2 cour)

So if this is what we use, then:
Tomoyo After: Y5800; 2 cour? (or is After Story meant to replace this??)
Planetarian: Y2800; 1 cour?
Little Busters: Y8800; 3 cour?
LB EX: Y8800; 3 cour?
Rewrite: No idea...

And no, please, no more ONE. We already had two OVA series, and total 7 episodes. Two studios on one VN is enough, really. Of course, if it's Kyoani, I may be saying something different... but if it's TOEI, then FORGET IT! They screwed up the first Kanon TV anime series, the Air movie and the Clannad movie. (Basically every Key project they took on.)
I don't really think the length of the anime-series is related to the price... It's just that each of them were longer than the last, so the episode-count doubled for each series. Though I doubt that'll happen again, because I somehow doubt that Little Busters would need 98 episodes... And even 12 episodes is too much for Planetarian. That one pretty much NEEDS to be made into a movie, considering how the visual novel only lasts for like, 4 hours, and there isn't really all that much happening in it. A 90-minute/2-hour movie or 3-part OVA would be fine.

Oh, and some people like Toei's Kanon better than KyoAni's. Though I haven't seen Toei's version, nor do I feel the need to, as I thought KyoAni's version was perfect, but still... And also, the Clannad-movie wasn't bad, it's just that the TV-series was way better. (But if anyone hasn't seen it, I wouldn't recommend watching it, as it contains a huge spoiler.)
Old 2008-11-13, 07:47   Link #689
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I don't really think the length of the anime-series is related to the price... It's just that each of them were longer than the last, so the episode-count doubled for each series. Though I doubt that'll happen again, because I somehow doubt that Little Busters would need 98 episodes... And even 12 episodes is too much for Planetarian. That one pretty much NEEDS to be made into a movie, considering how the visual novel only lasts for like, 4 hours, and there isn't really all that much happening in it. A 90-minute/2-hour movie or 3-part OVA would be fine.
Then again, price does hint at the length of the game. Planetarian, I think, may be the only one of the "yet-to-be-remade-into-anime" list to be able to complete in a movie. This, Toei can take for all I care, actually.But if Kyoani wants it, then 13 eps would be enough.

LB may need up to 4 cours because the two games may be merged... or not.
Old 2008-11-13, 08:31   Link #690
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
They screwed up the first Kanon TV anime series and the Clannad movie.
No, they don't. But if you really think so, then name this "awful and spoilered things"
Old 2008-11-13, 08:41   Link #691
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
No, they don't. But if you really think so, then name this "awful and spoilered things"
When you compare it to their Kyoani equivalents, you realise what those who only watched the Toei versions are losing out on. In other words, heart-wrenching.
Old 2008-11-13, 08:50   Link #692
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

They simply made it better, but this fact doesn't means that TOEI screwed with adaptation. Heart-wrenching ? Have you seen the ending of Clannad the Movie ? Or old Kanon's Mai version ? Mai's story is better in old Kanon, btw.

Last edited by Littm; 2008-11-13 at 09:35.
Old 2008-11-13, 08:55   Link #693
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Planetarian, I think, may be the only one of the "yet-to-be-remade-into-anime" list to be able to complete in a movie. This, Toei can take for all I care, actually.But if Kyoani wants it, then 13 eps would be enough.
No, 13 episodes is way too much. The total duration of the visual novel is about 4 hours, and a considering how the visual novel spends a lot of time describing what's going on, two hours would be more than enough to tell the story properly. Oh, and I do NOT want Toei to be the ones doing it, because KyoAni's animation is way better, plus, having
Spoiler for a certain event:
without the original music from the visual novel just wouldn't be the same, and Toei doesn't seem to like keeping the visual novel's soundtrack, for some reason.

But you make it sound as if the Toei-versions have absolutely nothing good about them, but a friend of mine saw the Clannad-movie, and the After Story-segment DID apparently make her cry. And I didn't HATE the movie myself, I just found it somewhat lacking in comparison to the TV-series. And I DID like the After Story-part, although it felt a bit rushed.
Old 2008-11-13, 09:23   Link #694
Kristen
*Author

Anything more than a movie for Planetarian would be a bit overkill. From my experience playing it, it is best told in one shot, instead of split up. I mean, where would you even split it up?

Tomoyo After could probably work as an OVA. I'm believing this because Kyoani has spent so much time/effort into Clannad, they are probably not going to want to animate anything more from that world, unless it's like a 3-4 episode OVA.

One could be done in 13 episodes. I don't count either of the OVA series, because one was just a hentai, the other completely screwed up the plot. But since so much of the plot intertwines, it could be done in 13.

Little Busters is more like 37, naturally, thanks to the shear length.

But, you know, I feel like Air could have been longer. It was literally 11 episodes+2 recaps. Split better, it was 1 intro, 2 per character (6), 2 for summer, recap, 2 for finale, recap. Kyoani's been going 4-5 per character, so it could be a bit longer if remade.
Old 2008-11-13, 11:18   Link #695
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I suppose they could animate LB straight through fall to summer, like Death Note did... I think...

Quote:
Or old Kanon's Mai version ? Mai's story is better in old Kanon, btw.
Stop stating your opinion as though it is a fact.

Also, Mai's story, if I recall correctly, isn't much like that in the game. KyoAni is more game accurate. And thus, to me, better.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 11:24   Link #696
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
The same goes to you. Want a conversation ?
Quote:
KyoAni is more game accurate
Accurate doesn't means better.

Last edited by Littm; 2008-11-13 at 11:54.
Old 2008-11-13, 12:11   Link #697
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Quote:
The same goes to you. Want a conversation ?

Accurate doesn't means better.
Let's keep it civil, guys. Let's just put it as varying tastes, and leave it at that. There's no "who's right" or "who's wrong" here.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 13:15   Link #698
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Anything more than a movie for Planetarian would be a bit overkill. From my experience playing it, it is best told in one shot, instead of split up. I mean, where would you even split it up?
You have a point there... The only point I could think of as a splitting-point would be
Spoiler:
but again, that wouldn't really work either. It would make for a pretty boring first half, really.

And as for the comment about ONE, wouldn't the fact that one of them was a hentai technically make it MORE faithful? On a slightly less stupid way, from what I've heard, the H-version was actually pretty accurate to the visual novel, though I can't be sure, due to
1. I didn't play the visual novel
2. I didn't watch either of the anime-versions
so technically, I have absolutely no credibility in this matter, as I'm going purely by what I've heard from other people.
Old 2008-12-13, 00:12   Link #699
anthonzi

So is the third season going to be called After After Story? I'm watching ep 4 and its not even close to getting to the game After Story content -_-
anthonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 02:03   Link #700
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Doubt there's gonna be a 3rd season. As of episode 11 the pace is well into AS already.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote