Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-04, 00:46   Link #1
sayde

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 499 Discussion

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links
Welcome to this weeks discussion thread. Spoilers haven't been released just yet from what I can tell. But I'm making this thread a little early since I probably won't wake up by the time the chapter's available. So until spoilers have been released, feel free to speculate here until then.
Old 2012-07-04, 05:53   Link #2
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Oooookay. Did not see that coming. Ransou Tengai cropping back up (It's been so long since we last saw it, but man, for people who don't know what it does, it's the best 'play dead only to fuck you up when you have your back turned' move I've seen in this series) was a good surprise. Good to see Kubo didn't forget the Quincy's 'basic' abilities. I can see Chad got fucked up pretty bad from the surprise attack and Urahara has a giant arrow sticking out his back too.

That Quincy is an excellent troll. I suspect the Ishidas will show up soon enough to help Ichigo seeing as they would probably be the ones with the knowledge to break him out in the first place.
Old 2012-07-04, 06:03   Link #3
Mateus

Hopefully we'll see some Squad Zero action sooner than later
Old 2012-07-04, 06:21   Link #4
Azure King
Snr Spammer

lots of talk .. about ... nothing really... just recapping on skills and abilities.
maybe i should start reading bleach monthly and save myself the heartache on a weekly base
Old 2012-07-04, 07:54   Link #5
ronin myael
lost ronin

for some reason blut reminds me of luffy's gear second.
Old 2012-07-04, 08:05   Link #6
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Wait...isn't that the tunnel between dimensions where Ichigo trained with his dad? The one where time passes differently from the outside? Then wouldn't Ichigo have more time to break the cage?
Old 2012-07-04, 08:28   Link #7
Aesthetic Shampoo

it's okay guys, ichigo got this.
Old 2012-07-04, 08:33   Link #8
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Wait...isn't that the tunnel between dimensions where Ichigo trained with his dad? The one where time passes differently from the outside? Then wouldn't Ichigo have more time to break the cage?
no, the dangai is the path between the real world and SS/Runkongai
Old 2012-07-04, 08:56   Link #9
james0246

I liked the thought Kubo put into his analysis of the Quincy abilities (who are the new Quincy? Shit Ritter? Something like that...), and finding out the number of dead/dying was nice (at least until Kubo decides to bring them all back or confirm that they are not dead but "resting").

Last edited by james0246; 2012-07-04 at 09:24.
Old 2012-07-04, 09:09   Link #10
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I liked the thought Kubo put into his analysis of the Quincy abilities (who are the new Quincy? Shit Ritter? Something like that...), and finding out the number of dead/dying was nice (at least until Kubo decides to bring them all back are confirm that they are not dead but "resting").
I think I've dumbed down my expectations so much that smallest explanation provided by Kubo when it comes to the mechanics/how abilities work and I feel like the chapter couldn't possibly be better.
Old 2012-07-04, 09:20   Link #11
Knjaz

So, a desperate suicide move to lock Ichigo into whatever it is and win some time? (since he definitely won't be able to lock him forever. Ichigo always has an option of going into deep meditation for months, and restoring his previous abilities. Over time, he'd be able to figure out not just how to get out of that cage, but out of the dimension as well, I guess.

Anyway. I doubt that one arrow is enough to mortally wound Urahara, aaand... that bankai-stealing metallic plate is in his hands as well. Which means, his enemy cannot steal his bankai

Crossing my fingers to see Urahara's bankai in nearest future.

Last edited by Knjaz; 2012-07-04 at 09:52.
Old 2012-07-04, 09:30   Link #12
Langus
Optimus Prime

It looks like Orihime's boobs have been injured! CALL IN ZERO SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2012-07-04, 12:05   Link #13
SeanQ

So, they tried to take Ichigo's bankai, but already knew that it was not possible. And, they had planned for Ichigo to go HC way before this...and then they planned to try and take his bankai there, but already knew they couldn't? -__-
Old 2012-07-04, 13:11   Link #14
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
I think I've dumbed down my expectations so much that smallest explanation provided by Kubo when it comes to the mechanics/how abilities work and I feel like the chapter couldn't possibly be better.
lol me too! what should have been just a filler chapter becomes a great chapter... kubo barely has to try now and the chapter is good, he's a genius! ...I think... wait what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
So, they tried to take Ichigo's bankai, but already knew that it was not possible. And, they had planned for Ichigo to go HC way before this...and then they planned to try and take his bankai there, but already knew they couldn't? -__-
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think it's interessting, that Urahara not only knows the Quincies techniques, but even the names they use.
How did he learn those?
stop finding plot holes in one of the 'better' chapters in a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
It looks like Orihime's boobs have been injured! CALL IN ZERO SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
no worries, nel's on 'em
Old 2012-07-04, 13:37   Link #15
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Woot! the awesomeness that is Urahara is returning to his Domain at last.(kubo finally realized that the only to save this manga is being giving Urahara more screen time?). it's about time we see THE man in action. I don't think they will be able to steal his Bankai either(Human gigai?)

Lol, Soul Society got trolled . no quick rescue for YOU. they aren't even ashamed that they have to go crying to Ichigo.

Ichigo will finally escape from cage thinking he was too late only to find out he traveled into the past. a few moments before the attack

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Old 2012-07-04, 16:33   Link #16
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think it's interessting, that Urahara not only knows the Quincies techniques, but even the names they use.
How did he learn those?
Urahara entered Hueco Mundo right alongside Ichigo and his friends. He's been hiding with Nell's fraccion while watching the battle the entire time. And Kirge hasn't exactly been very quiet during the duel either. Kirge's openly stated names to every Quincy technique Urahara mentioned in his report with the exception of the bankai stealing device (which has no known name yet). In fact, Kubo was actually thoughtful enough to flashback to panels of previous chapters depicting the exact moments Kirge announced Vollstandig and Blut respectively. So kudos to Kubo for being thorough in that regard.
Old 2012-07-04, 18:07   Link #17
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I liked the thought Kubo put into his analysis of the Quincy abilities (who are the new Quincy? Shit Ritter? Something like that...), and finding out the number of dead/dying was nice (at least until Kubo decides to bring them all back or confirm that they are not dead but "resting").
shit ritter? seriously?! i can't stop laughing! you actually praised and bashed kubo at the same time!
Old 2012-07-04, 20:08   Link #18
Calca
Expressionless

Grimmjow should be arriving soon.

Maybe
Old 2012-07-04, 23:01   Link #19
Alchemist007
*Author

Good, Ichigo stopped. Now let Zero squad enter the damn equation.
Old 2012-07-05, 00:08   Link #20
Excelion

"strength more than captain level" - cue zero squad?

Re: Grimmjow, I think that editor interview pegged a likely comeback, but he's too weak of a character to do anything major vs the Quincy. Maybe he could help out Ichigo next chapter, yeah.
Closed Thread