AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-17, 12:29   Link #39561
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I don't get it... A sword with it's own gravity? Wouldn't that like... I dunno, conflict with the Earth's natural gravity in some way?

Also:
Spoiler for Kaboom:
Old 2013-01-17, 19:15   Link #39562
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It sounded better in my head. Ultra high density blade that can generate a gravity well. It draws in enemies
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 21:30   Link #39563
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And draw your face to it even stronger

....What?
Old 2013-01-17, 21:47   Link #39564
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Thinking of having a character perform something like this to take out an unshielded Golem III. Granted, the resulting explosion is waaaay greater than what Tatenashi managed to muster with her special move.
Old 2013-01-17, 21:51   Link #39565
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Impossible, Golem III is even bulkier and unstoppable than Golem I, no Armor or I.S. can do that unless they're about same size. (the footage show that megazord IS larger after all)

That aside Golem doesn't have shield either. Golem III is humanoid battleship, so I figure they'll use more solid armor plating unlike type I
Old 2013-01-17, 21:55   Link #39566
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

How did it even move around like that? There's no way an extremely armored humanoid would be able to dodge/parry everything the way it did.
Old 2013-01-17, 22:01   Link #39567
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, Golem III just.... shrug it off I think

And it worked until Setsura Cannon is brought, Tatenashi doing a kamikaze and Houki pulled Ugachi out of her digital ass.

Golem III is that crazy.
Old 2013-01-17, 22:10   Link #39568
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

It danced to dodge Cecilia's beam attacks. Rather unbelievable. Then again, ion particles would chew through anything like a searing knife through butter, imagine an explosion that's composed entirely of ions.

Like how Throne Eins went out. Though that one was actually GN Particles, but... you know, replace them with charged particles. Anything short of a full shield capacity is going to get eaten if they're caught in the blast.
Old 2013-01-17, 22:33   Link #39569
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

..... I should have check my eyes, then again, that's happened when instead a pilot you have 20+ vernier (or something, Ichika just say 'A lot').

As for beam weapon, not really. For your information, modern main battle tank can and will survive heat radiation from a Tac nuke at 400 meter ground zero (the crew won't, but still). With the anticipation of transition between kinetic to directed energy weapon, real life doing an intensive research on anti-beam material BEFORE beam weapon even going operational. Tabane should have anticipate this already
Old 2013-01-17, 22:49   Link #39570
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Then it will still have to be extremely damaged, moving like a crippled body after taking the full brunt of the explosion. Enough to be finished off with one last strike from any surviving person.

Unless Izuru thought of going Dragonball with the Golem III... Even the toughest armor can't remain factory-fresh after someone just self-destructed their unit while hugging onto it.

Also, reading through it again, I couldn't tell if there were 2 or 3 Golem IIIs that were deployed at that time.
Old 2013-01-17, 23:02   Link #39571
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, either that or Impact-Piercing-Heat triangle, specialized armor is far weaker to anything else. For example, laser chew super strong nanotube like paper, where ablative armoring will be vulnerable to impact or piercing damage.

About that number I guess, I need to read it again.
Old 2013-01-17, 23:11   Link #39572
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I dunno... I would think Tabane knows better than to expose her units to specialized weaknesses even if there's going to be one.

Another way to put it how the self-destruct will destroy the Golem III is that the person presses the Golem's central body unit. Reading V7 again, the Golem III managed to hold against almost anything because of its armored limbs.

If it were that way and the self-destruction process was inflicted directly upon the main, unarmored body. I would imagine the aftermath as something like the Golem III's body being vaporized, leaving only its armored limbs as remains. Grim, but that's how I see it...
Old 2013-01-17, 23:16   Link #39573
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Didn't notice your update. gratz strat
Old 2013-01-17, 23:32   Link #39574
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Thanks!
Old 2013-01-17, 23:44   Link #39575
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Please njog my memory. If golem I was in the fight with Rin, and Golem III is during V7 end... when was Golem II?
Old 2013-01-17, 23:56   Link #39576
Eratas123

Hey everyone.
Old 2013-01-18, 00:06   Link #39577
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Hi

@Demi.
Unknown at this point. I recall the same question being brought up before but I don't recall any concrete canon info pertaining to a Golem II. As of now, fandom appears to be taking liberties with it.
Old 2013-01-18, 00:53   Link #39578
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ this

Probably Tabane just unsatisfied with the model.
Old 2013-01-18, 02:01   Link #39579
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

And not even a single drop of hint as to why it's omitted, if that's what Izuru actually intended.

It's a bit of a shame, but I do appreciate the amount of leeways and liberties it has allowed for fanfic writers.
Old 2013-01-18, 02:23   Link #39580
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ agree, somewhat... though I hate when he's being inconsistent.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest