AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-20, 04:10   Link #1601
Warm Mist

Teasers are pretentious now? :/
Old 2013-04-20, 04:18   Link #1602
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Teasers are pretentious now? :/
There's just a tone about everything they do that says, "We can't do it the normal way. We're too special for that." Yes, it's been done by other studios - but KyoAni has a special way of being irritating about stuff like this. Yes, they do fantastic visuals and sell a ton of blu-rays - I get it. But everything has to be a song and dance with them, and it gets a little off-putting sometimes.
Old 2013-04-20, 04:29   Link #1603
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I'm predicting an anime original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Why can't KyoAni take a break from the pretentious attempts to call attention to themselves and announce a project like everyone else does?
???

Off the top of my head I can think of ,Attack on Titan,Vivired Operation,Madoka Magica, that used a process similar to this.
Aniplex made a teaser to say that trigger's new show would be announced in May,we didn't even get a title,just a silhouette.
I'm sure there's plenty more I just forget.

And if memory serves me right the Tamako Market,Chuunibyou and Kyoukai no Kanata announcements were pretty standard.
Old 2013-04-20, 04:56   Link #1604
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'm predicting an anime original.

???

Off the top of my head I can think of ,Attack on Titan,Vivired Operation,Madoka Magica, that used a process similar to this.
Aniplex made a teaser to say that trigger's new show would be announced in May,we didn't even get a title,just a silhouette.
I'm sure there's plenty more I just forget.

And if memory serves me right the Tamako Market,Chuunibyou and Kyoukai no Kanata announcements were pretty standard.
Yeah, I admit I'm probably overreacting and I don't deny other studios do this kind of thing too. I just look at stuff like this and the attention they draw with their little promo videos and marvel at their ability to get people to dance like puppets on a string.
Old 2013-04-20, 05:51   Link #1605
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I think of Kyoto Animation like I think of the video company game Blizzard. Good production values, their releases are really polished compared to a lot of their competitors, but way too reliant on existing franchises, trends and "pandering" to their audiences instead of trying to create something great and fresh.

But I expect both to rebound pretty well and get some of the former glory back.
Old 2013-04-20, 06:57   Link #1606
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
There's just a tone about everything they do that says, "We can't do it the normal way. We're too special for that." Yes, it's been done by other studios - but KyoAni has a special way of being irritating about stuff like this. Yes, they do fantastic visuals and sell a ton of blu-rays - I get it. But everything has to be a song and dance with them, and it gets a little off-putting sometimes.
Why yes, they've announced many a show this way previously. Oh wait, this is the first production that has been given a countdown before actually being revealed. Their other shows had direct announcements with the exception of Hyouka, which had the "mi" hint from Takemoto at the KyoAni staff roundtable at the 2011 Japan Cultural Affairs Department Kyoto Art Festival event on 2011/11/03. You could possibly say the Chuunibyou "Contract renewed" would be a teaser, but all it says is more anime is coming and the exact form may not have been determined yet.

If you're perceiving a tone, it's due to your view on the matter and the reaction the international fandom has gotten where everything needs to be known yesterday. Other productions have gotten countdowns, yet you single out KyoAni for it for really no apparent reason other than the studio irritates you for some unknown reason.

In general, it's not just KyoAni since other production committees do this, and it's not "Haruhi-like" (as was stated in the thread) since other productions have had this done before. It's just a simple way to raise awareness and people simply run it into the ground. People don't pay attention to the production/promotion side of things prior to the airing of shows and suddenly see one example and think it's the only time that's happened or they're the only company that does this.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-04-20, 07:17   Link #1607
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
I just look at stuff like this and the attention they draw with their little promo videos and marvel at their ability to get people to dance like puppets on a string.
Unless there's cute boys in swimsuits (almost) nobody gives a damn about kyoani's promo videos. They have nowhere near the power you're giving them credit for.
The fact there was confusion with people thinking that the swimming PV was an actual trailer for an upcoming anime shows that hardly anyone knew kyoani made random PVs before the swimming one came out.
Old 2013-04-20, 08:36   Link #1608
Kirarakim

I like what someone said on twitter they are going to announce:

"The full metal swimming of Haruhi Suzumiya"
Old 2013-04-20, 12:29   Link #1609
scineram

Now that Kyoukai no Kanata is coming in the summer or fall is the novel any good?
Old 2013-04-20, 20:16   Link #1610
rulfo

Whoah dammit this is too fast.

They just went with Kyokai no kanata and now this?

If this makes the 3rd project they'll be doing then I'd be flipping inside out. Are they capable of such workloads without throwing people and the quality into the abyss? This is gonna be a first for them to announce 3 titles in a year(of course I'm expecting that Chunibyou teaser wasn't for nothing).

As for the silhouettes well.. First thing that caught my attention was the hair. And the only character designer I can think off is Nishiya. Doesn't seem to be Kamoi's design. What Kyokai's trailer has shown, it suggests nothing of that.

So if all ends with that another Takemoto-Nishiya project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
What? Hyouka 2 would be awesome even if highly unlikely. That show is severely underrated imho.
Well having 1 book left to adapt wouldn't add a good reason for adaptation.
Old 2013-04-20, 20:29   Link #1611
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, any fan of "Scanners" will surely be hoping for the so-called swimming anime, though that seems pretty unlikely to me.
Old 2013-04-20, 20:50   Link #1612
rulfo

If this indeed is the swimming anime then CR be raking gratuitous amounts of praise from their cheap PR stunt.
Old 2013-04-20, 21:55   Link #1613
Warm Mist

Remember that rumour predicting FMP?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-21, 06:05   Link #1614
rulfo

So Nishiya's designs to replace Horiuchi's?

Since Nishiya worked well with Takemoto and Horiuchi's on Gonzo, seems more likely to happen if it's another FMP or a reboot. Still can't quite imagine how that'll look....
Old 2013-04-21, 07:38   Link #1615
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Well having 1 book left to adapt wouldn't add a good reason for adaptation.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it isn't a sequel to Hyouka. It's too soon.

Quote:
Images
Don't get my hopes up
Old 2013-04-21, 09:52   Link #1616
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Hahahha FMP Sequel. Yeah sure that'll happen.
Old 2013-04-21, 11:00   Link #1617
whitecloud

wellll...what would you do IF it does happen?
Old 2013-04-21, 11:09   Link #1618
yellowscarves

Quote:
Images
Must resist urge to get hopes up...
Old 2013-04-21, 16:36   Link #1619
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Just had a few points of logic connect in my brain over the next project. Not going to declare for a show, but thought I'd share these points in favor for Full Metal Panic.

A rumor in August 2012 said KyoAni was working on FMP.
A new FMP manga started serializing in December 2012
The host of the announcement program is Hisanori Yoshida, an announcer for Nippon Broadcasting which is part of the same company as Fuji TV.
Fuji TV was the main TV sponsor/primary broadcaster for Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Fumoffu aired August 26, 2003 as KyoAni's first self TV production.

Not enough evidence for me to declare it's going to be new FMP, but there's some points to put it in good consideration. Personally, I'm more inclined to think it's going to be an original project no one's seen before, but I wanted to give out information that may be pertinent.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2013-04-21 at 17:03.
Old 2013-04-21, 16:44   Link #1620
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Stop it stop it stop it. You're going to get my hopes up only for Kyoani to mercilessly crush them next week. A new season of FMP would undreamed of.

Tags
studios