AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-15, 05:52   Link #381
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Maybe even Kotoura's mother can find redemption?
Hopefully. She did try a lot to love Kotoura and deal with her issues when she was young unlike the father who gave up on them fast and plain neglected them, may that asshole die a pathetic death somewhere.
Old 2013-02-15, 05:55   Link #382
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I'm betting you have taken a fancy to the Well-Stacked Yuriko-Sempai, voiced by Hanazawa "Kobato-chan" Kanna, yes Mighty Eroking?
Old 2013-02-15, 06:08   Link #383
EroKing

Basically any character voiced by HanaKana is an instant favorite of mine
Old 2013-02-15, 07:45   Link #384
garbage

another good, mostly funny episode , with just a slight dash of drama to come with that Mother reminiscing at the middle. so don't worry?) guys the dramas coming i think.
i loved that "hold me, hold me !" in a perverted voice, coming from manabe at the Haunted House.
and that moritani-suit/doll(?) inside a burning chained cage , nyahaha

but man that grandfather really is frigging loaded! a major stretch limo!, overnight theme park!! and a luxury cruise ship??? on their private beach wahhh!! not to mention hiring gourmet chefs & majors fireworks...

funny sequence with muroto & manabe "awakening" their psychic powers reading kotoura's mind... ties well with that Petanko ED > well there you go kanemoto doing a song
Old 2013-02-15, 19:04   Link #385
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Hopefully. She did try a lot to love Kotoura and deal with her issues when she was young unlike the father who gave up on them fast and plain neglected them, may that asshole die a pathetic death somewhere.
Yeah, I wouldn't give the father any points. He dumped the situation right from the start onto his wife and ignored things. The more stressful things got the less time he was there until he finally walked out entirely.

Of course I'm not giving the mother many points either. Racing around saying "fix my kid." I mean Kotoura can hear people's thoughts, she's not setting the house on fire here...I'm sure initially it did start out of concern, but what I don't like is how quickly it started to turn to resentment and loathing. Soon enough the mother became the person who needed help and then walked out, but not before further traumatizing her child.

But in the end if they can redeem Moritani, I'm sure they will find a way to redeem the mother. I'm fine with it if only to have that moment when the mother breaks down realizing what a horrible human being she has been.
Old 2013-02-15, 22:06   Link #386
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm fine with it if only to have that moment when the mother breaks down realizing what a horrible human being she has been.
And then hangs herself!

.....What?!
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 00:12   Link #387
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
And then hangs herself!

.....What?!
You got that wrong, then she hangs Manabe-kun by the balls and starts yelling "You little hussy aren't going to have a sex life with the stud when mama gets none!"
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 00:39   Link #388
Kreceir

Images
De geso!...Wait wrong character!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-02-16, 05:06   Link #389
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Another lighthearted episode but the mother will change all that next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't give the father any points. He dumped the situation right from the start onto his wife and ignored things. The more stressful things got the less time he was there until he finally walked out entirely.

Of course I'm not giving the mother many points either. Racing around saying "fix my kid." I mean Kotoura can hear people's thoughts, she's not setting the house on fire here...I'm sure initially it did start out of concern, but what I don't like is how quickly it started to turn to resentment and loathing. Soon enough the mother became the person who needed help and then walked out, but not before further traumatizing her child.

But in the end if they can redeem Moritani, I'm sure they will find a way to redeem the mother. I'm fine with it if only to have that moment when the mother breaks down realizing what a horrible human being she has
In two to three episodes will focus on that is the most likely case.
Old 2013-02-16, 14:36   Link #390
Haiprbim
Banned

When I heard that this Anime has a girl for the protagonist, I did not want to bother about it at first. However, I convinced myself into watching it so I watched all of the current episodes (6 of them). I must say, I seriously do not think that the main protagonist is only Haruka Kotoura, but Yoshihisa Manabe as well. In fact, during the episodes, he takes the main lead, she is just the one that is the main attraction at the beggining and ending of the episodes.

Anyhow, keeping things short, it is a great Anime which I do not regret watching and will continue doing so. :D
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 15:28   Link #391
HandofFate

i also am looking forward to hopefully seeing the mother break down.

Then kotoura telling her to go to hell. (too bad she probably just forgive her...)
Old 2013-02-16, 21:05   Link #392
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
plot from first episode was just retarded, any normal parent would realize instantly that the kid could mind read and then start informing her when to use her powers and how she can use her ability to her advantage. Stupid mom instead freaked out and went into depression which makes no sense if she simply told the kid there's a time and place to share her knowledge instead of just blabbing out whatever people's minds say. FAIL parenting
Old 2013-02-16, 21:26   Link #393
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
plot from first episode was just retarded, any normal parent would realize instantly that the kid could mind read and then start informing her when to use her powers and how she can use her ability to her advantage. Stupid mom instead freaked out and went into depression which makes no sense if she simply told the kid there's a time and place to share her knowledge instead of just blabbing out whatever people's minds say. FAIL parenting
Well, this is a fantasy, and things are done for the sake of the story. Maybe a "normal" parent (whatever that is) would notice and guide. But in fact we are all weak humans: often stupid, often doing the wrong thing. Imagine that your child suddenly blurts out your inmost thoughts, including the most inconvenient ones. It would make for a pretty difficult home life. She might come to seem to you like some kind of monster. I mean, wonderful as they are, little kids often do seem like monsters. Anyway, I loved that first episode. Powerful stuff, for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 01:13   Link #394
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
any normal parent would realize instantly that the kid could mind read and then start informing her when to use her powers and how she can use her ability to her advantage.
As there are no actual cases of kids born with the power to read people's minds, I fail to see how you can make any reasonable assumptions as to how people will react realistically. Second, you grossly underestimate human capacity for cruelty. Forget about depression and abandoning their kid because of psychic power, many parents have done far worse - including outright killing their child, over much less, sometimes merely for crying at the wrong time.

Also, that new ED is probably the best ED I've seen in a long while

Last edited by kyp275; 2013-02-17 at 01:32.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 11:42   Link #395
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Yuriko furiously demanding that Daichi pay closer attention to her jiggling rack was pretty phenomenal.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 13:01   Link #396
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Yuriko furiously demanding that Daichi pay closer attention to her jiggling rack was pretty phenomenal.
They're cute together I'll give you that. Daichi trying to get a rise out of Yuriko is always funny.
Old 2013-02-18, 00:36   Link #397
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
When I heard that this Anime has a girl for the protagonist, I did not want to bother about it at first.
Ten characters of wat?
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 01:36   Link #398
FateAnomaly

Koutora parents make 0 sense at all.

Do they think koutora is a compulsive liar or know she is psychic?
Everyone knows kotoura read minds, so they must be pretty dumb if they think she is a liar. If they know she is psychic then they know she not at fault except for being tactless and a blabbermouth. There is also no reason for the mother to be so stressed in the first place. I believe grandfather is her father so her family is super rich. She could easily afford to send her to a private school and there is no problem a generous donation wouldn't solve. Also, kotoura is a obedient girl. If she just carefully instruct her she will obey it. The father is also the same. He have a beautiful wife, cute daughter and a possible huge fortune to inherit for ... god knows what could be better than that.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 02:39   Link #399
Marina2

They all know that Koutora said the truth since she read their minds. However, no one want their mind to be read. If Koutora just keep what she read to herself then it's ok, but the problem is she said it out. Because of that, they said that Koutora is a liar ,so that other people don't think what she said about them is real. (But in inside, they know she says the truth)

Even in high school Koutora still not learn to keep her mouth shut. Koutora is at fault here no matter how you look.
Old 2013-02-18, 02:55   Link #400
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
There is also no reason for the mother to be so stressed in the first place.
Except for the part where she's cheating on her husband.

Tags
4-koma, drama, romantic comedy, school life, seinen, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy