AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-30, 05:44   Link #1
aahhsin

How can you not like Sasuke?

Sasuke is one of the coolest character in this entire anime. He's not exactly emotionless, he shows anger, disgust, sadness. All in all he's still human.

I don't like Hinata though, she is just annoying and slows the pace of the anime down.

O Yeah! I new member here me roar!
Old 2003-11-30, 05:56   Link #2
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
He's an egotistical, self-centered asshole.

I like him.
Old 2003-11-30, 05:59   Link #3
Raitei

I wanted badly to see Sasuke used the 3-pupil Sharingan after he emerged out of the thing.
Old 2003-11-30, 12:04   Link #4
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

He's the major of his promotion and all the girls like him.

This is enough reasons to hate him for a bunch of people ^^
Old 2003-11-30, 12:07   Link #5
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
he's egotistical, he's stuck up, he treats others poorly for the most part. (except he did show some compassion in the fight against Haku, he saved Naruto's life and took needles for him, this shows that there is still a chance for him, that he is really a compassionate person) but for the most part, he mistreats those around him. (has no regard for sakura [not that any of us do either ]) he's stuck up, he thinks he's above everyone else.

Really he's one of those characters where you either love him or hate him, there's nothing in between.
Old 2003-11-30, 12:22   Link #6
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
He's the major of his promotion and all the girls like him.

This is enough reasons to hate him for a bunch of people ^^
True, true Hunter-san. These stupid girls don't pay attention to a real beautiful and hot guy like Rock Lee...

Well, I don't have anything against Sasuke. But he's not on my top 10 either.
Old 2003-11-30, 13:16   Link #7
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Sasuke doesn't seek power on his own will but the power that can be given to him w/o any hardwork. Unlike Naruto who just keeps working hard to prove to himself that he is not worthless. Bottomline - Sasuke's an idiot.
Old 2003-11-30, 13:39   Link #8
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
True, true Hunter-san. These stupid girls don't pay attention to a real beautiful and hot guy like Rock Lee...

Well, I don't have anything against Sasuke. But he's not on my top 10 either.

I hate him for that reason. Girls like him, when girls dont like the PIMP rock lee. Buts its ok, its ok, because when rock lee breaks out his pimping lines on the girls they fall to him like stones.
Old 2003-11-30, 13:41   Link #9
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The most obvious thing about not liking Sasuke is, he is an obsessive revenge freak which indefinitely clouds his judgment. I like him other than that. Welcome to the forum aahhsin.
Old 2003-11-30, 14:31   Link #10
TheGreatYakoshi
The Baka Mangaka Returns!

Argh, your first post, and it had to be about LIKING Sasuke? *grumble* Welcome to the forum anyway. Btw, I'm one of the Legendary Three. Sasuke Haters, that is. (Though I don't know who the other two are quite yet...)

*sigh* Where do I begin! So many reasons, so little time. Shall we start with his attitude perhaps? We have the classic dark, brooding, revenge-plotting secondary character. (I personally love this category.) Nice start! However, somewhere along the lines, you start to lose any compassion for him. Maybe all the times he simply dismisses Naruto strength, or ignored those around him (Sasuke's Brain: "Gotta kill 'im, gotta kill 'im..."), or completely forgets what others have done for him (see current manga storyline). Personally, I'd want to know what's worth liking? Okay, he has girls killing each other to get to him, he's the last member of a legendary ninja clan with amazing powers (well, sort of), and he's got a cool shirt. BUT HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING WITH IT! When I look at Sasuke, all I see is a legendary waste of talent. Very overhyped and overestimated as well.

Spoiler:

*big breath* Ah, better. Okay, now to wait for Dranz to show up and try to put me to shame. Kattate koi!
Old 2003-11-30, 14:42   Link #11
Izlude
Sharingan!

i agree.

sasuke IS an idiot. the fact that he could have any woman he wants, and yet he doesnt get with ANY of them suggests he prefers the alternative lifestyle...

not to mention naruto is much better then he is and has proved it on multiple occasions...

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-30, 15:38   Link #12
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Sasuke is one of the coolest character in this entire anime. He's not exactly emotionless, he shows anger, disgust, sadness. All in all he's still human.

I don't like Hinata though, she is just annoying and slows the pace of the anime down.

O Yeah! I new member here me roar!
Welcome to the board!

Well, you're a Sasuke lover...

Well, in the beginning I was feeling Sasuke, but I never liked him that much, but as of late I've been reeeeeally hating on him. In the beginning it seemed like even though he was your typical moody broody character he at least had some type of compassion. Like when he saved Naruto which was just really sweet.

As of late, he's becoming more of an asshole. His need of revenge has become so great and so overwhelming that it seems as if all the things that have happened previously don't matter anymore. Like he's just overly obsessive and this desire to take revenge is really eating him so much that he doesn't seem to care about all things he should. He's becoming no better than the person he's trying to take revenge upon. I guess he's supposed to be the opposite of Naruto, but like still. I know his actions are causing all of the Uchiha clan and his parents to be rolling in his graves right about now. So, his overly selfish, obsessive, self-destructive attitude, demeaning attitude towards himself and others is not very appealing.

As for Rock Lee, yeah he's a cool character, but you'll never see any girls swooning over him anytime soon. Even I'd choose a serial killer Sasuke over Rock Lee, sheesh.
Old 2003-11-30, 16:34   Link #13
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatYakoshi
Personally, I'd want to know what's worth liking? Okay, he has girls killing each other to get to him, he's the last member of a legendary ninja clan with amazing powers (well, sort of), and he's got a cool shirt. BUT HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING WITH IT! When I look at Sasuke, all I see is a legendary waste of talent. Very overhyped and overestimated as well.
haha thank you (and Izlude too ^^) for proving my point

The very first time that I see a Sasuke's hatter thread was when the last chapter of the volume two was translated (geeeez a long time ago ), and it was already the same argument, Sauske thinks he's better than the other (ie this fucking asshole thinks he's better than Naruto ), why the girls like him so much and not Naruto blablabla ^^

After that yeah he's selfish, obsessive, arrogant and all, but certainely not more than Naruto, lol I saw people say how they hated Sasuke because he was such a 'selfish, obsessive and arrogant' person then say in the GB forum how they liked Dr Jackal because he was such a 'obsessive, arrogant and selfish' person

So what's the difference?

Oh well I don't really care, I like Sasuke because at least, he has a background, he has a true goal even if now in the manga he's an asshole.
His goal of dark avenger is uberly stereotyped that's right, but a little less than the kid who wants to become the preside... oh no sorry the Hokage when he will be old

lol it's the same with Neji in fact, I liked him more when he was a bastard and not just an 'underling' of Naruto because when the goal of a character is just to follow Naruto, that becomes uninteresting :/
Old 2003-11-30, 16:39   Link #14
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

well greatyakoshi you said you were the first of the three legendary sasuke haters well meet the second. i could go on and on about how i hate sasuke so much but ill sum it up in a sentence for all you people hes a gay prick who thinks hes better then everyone else when in reality hes not at all the best

i dont hate him cus im a lee fan i hate him for the above stated reasons you see i hate gaara cus im a lee fan and because he himself doesnt do anything its all the priest

Last edited by Lee-pimp; 2003-11-30 at 20:58.
Old 2003-11-30, 16:41   Link #15
Malta
Kunoichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
He's an egotistical, self-centered asshole.

I like him.
Whether that was sarcastic or not, I agree .

Sasuke just represents a lot of the darker and more complicated emotions. I personally find him to be much more complex and interesting than Naruto, generally more realistic as a human character. A lot of people aren't great at accepting things and moving on. There are very few people like Naruto in the world, really, I think...and many more like Sasuke. Negativity appeals to me, I guess it doesn't to most. Evil bastards are just more phun. And they're teh sexi. Well. Not Orochimaru.

It seems funny how people like Shika for being lazy, and yet criticise Sasuke for it. Not quite sure how this makes him unlikeable, but that could just be because I've never admired hardworkers and that whole attitude. Losers. Heh. I liked pre-Naruto influenced Neji. It's a shame the main theme in the manga is 'hardworkers always win!!!111' but there are far too many intriguing characters to abandon it.

Uh. Anyway, back to Sasuke. He's a selfish little thing, too. Although he protects Naruto in the Haku fight, and later, it's for his own selfish reason of not wanting to see anyone important to him die. It's all about HIM. I suppose that's another thing the average person dislikes?

And, of course, Sasuke IS a complete moron.
Spoiler:
But that does make him a moron, too. As for his feelings towards Naruto...I don't really believe he hates Naruto. He hates himself for being so weak. And in that way he isn't really as arrogant as Naruto, who believes he can do anything if he tries hard enough. Oh well, whatever. Sasuke is an absolute bastard, but I love him anyway.
Old 2003-11-30, 16:49   Link #16
eLstar
(^_^)v

If I wasn't so busy right now I'd argue my points. But for now I''ll just go with:

Sasuke is the man, and the only real Saske haters came when Rock Lee fans surfaced which I find completely stupid.
Old 2003-11-30, 16:50   Link #17
ApoLLon
yondaime is da spirit!!!

that sasuke boy is so desperate, sometimes looking at him makes me feel desperate too.
Old 2003-11-30, 16:54   Link #18
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat
*big breath* Ah, better. Okay, now to wait for Dranz to show up and try to put me to shame. Kattate koi!
LOL...how many can argue like TheGreat? Not many..hehe..Fence Straddler..I dont see how Dranz-san gonna make a come back..
Old 2003-11-30, 16:59   Link #19
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
If I wasn't so busy right now I'd argue my points. But for now I''ll just go with:

Sasuke is the man, and the only real Saske haters came when Rock Lee fans surfaced which I find completely stupid.
kekekek, your half right. Some people do hate sasuke becuase girls like him more than rock lee, but thats pretty much the only reason. Besides that rock lee fans hate gaara more , for ovious reasons (if u been following the anime all the way)
Old 2003-11-30, 17:33   Link #20
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Sasuke type of character appears in too many of other animes and personally i dont like him too much. I dont exactly hate him, but i dont exactly like him either. Besides, Rock Lee is the most unique person in the entire anime and the coolest guy too. I just wish the animators would take Sakura out or make her more useful. The "Sasuke-kun" is just getting plain annoying now.
Closed Thread