2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-20, 01:27   Link #201
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarock View Post
I still don't understand Suzaku, this guy is like a mystery, you never know what he's thinking.
things make a little more sense if you take in the fact that Suzaku is in his own way partially insane. childhood trauma in anime does that to a person.

Quote:
Since they resurrected Toudo from "pointless people" list, he probably will play an important role against suzaku later on.

So far the only two things I didn't like about Geass is, one the amnesia plot device on Viletta, two is how Shirley was dealt, there are just so many other possibilities to solve the Shirley issue in a better way. But I like the recent development with Shirley finding the note.
well, shirley may have been wiped, but as you pointed out, she hasn't been written out yet. and it was either mindwiping Villetta and making her a time bomb in the rebellion or letting her sink even deeper into obscurity and despair. I do miss having extra faces for the cannon fodder though. :\

think of it this way: amnesia may seem a cliched and unlikely occurance, but it's a great way to place characters into completely new and unexpected situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
was the note one of the many she was planning to write to lelouch about finding out he killed her father?
we don't know its purpose. she never finished it, and the top half of the letter wasn't visible. I believe it said something about "why did the black kinghts kill my father?" from what could be seen. check this thread, there's no doubt an image of it on one of the pages.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 02:02   Link #202
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
hmm now that I think about it.

Why did she have to write a letter? She plan to deliver it to Luluor soemthing!?

She can just confront Lulu with the truth or keep it secret. So why bother writing a letter? There is only one reason. Because she won't be able to talk very soon, she intended to kill herself. She think she shot and kill Vietta and she can not live with that. She intends to have that letter being her dying letter, but half way through she notice that there is no use so she scrap it.

Next morning she visit her dad's grave with a GUN in her hand bag. She most likely intend to end her life there. Mao appears and totally use her, now she intend to drag Lulu with her.

I couldn't come up with 'any' other good reason why would she start writing a letter and visit her dad's grave the next morning carrying a deadly weapon with her. If that's the case Shirley's fan better pray she don't recall anything... She might end up in grave recalling -_-;;
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 02:56   Link #203
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
hmm now that I think about it.

Why did she have to write a letter? She plan to deliver it to Luluor soemthing!?

She can just confront Lulu with the truth or keep it secret. So why bother writing a letter? There is only one reason. Because she won't be able to talk very soon, she intended to kill herself. She think she shot and kill Vietta and she can not live with that. She intends to have that letter being her dying letter, but half way through she notice that there is no use so she scrap it.

Next morning she visit her dad's grave with a GUN in her hand bag. She most likely intend to end her life there. Mao appears and totally use her, now she intend to drag Lulu with her.

I couldn't come up with 'any' other good reason why would she start writing a letter and visit her dad's grave the next morning carrying a deadly weapon with her. If that's the case Shirley's fan better pray she don't recall anything... She might end up in grave recalling -_-;;
She could have just written a good bye letter to him. Maybe she was just planing to get away from there. Running away would sound like it could be the contents of the letter. As for why she was carrying the gun we could come up with a reason like :

She couldnt give it back , because she didnt want to confront him and thats why she was writing the letter. Also she couldnt leave the gun because if she had left it , it could have endangered Lulu and his identity could have been found out.

She was trying to protect Lulu till the every end and then Mao shows up and with his power brainwash shirly and the rest happens.
Old 2007-02-20, 05:27   Link #204
monkymeet

zero had a cute laugh at the end of the episode
monkymeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 07:58   Link #205
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Does anyone here like the positive changes that happened to Viletta? It seems that her amnesia reawakened the dormant kindness within her psyche.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 09:29   Link #206
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Does anyone here like the positive changes that happened to Viletta? It seems that her amnesia reawakened the dormant kindness within her psyche.
Amnesia always deals x10 Moe damage, regardless of whoever gets it. It's the underlying innocence that amnesiacs exhibit. Do note that it only affects girls.

And about Shirley getting the note... we'll have a scene where a Geass'ed person is reminded of a deed that was supposed to be erased by the Geass. With the way it rewires the person's mind, I wonder if they would have intense headaches while they regain their memories..
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 09:42   Link #207
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Amnesia always deals x10 Moe damage, regardless of whoever gets it. It's the underlying innocence that amnesiacs exhibit. Do note that it only affects girls.

And about Shirley getting the note... we'll have a scene where a Geass'ed person is reminded of a deed that was supposed to be erased by the Geass. With the way it rewires the person's mind, I wonder if they would have intense headaches while they regain their memories..
hopefully villetta will keep at least some of the cute/innocentness. I mean she's making lunchboxes for the rebellion, that's a pretty high concentration right there. or maybe this is like saber in FH/A and simple hair cut changes cause massive personality shifts. 0_o (but I digress...)

as for shirley, clapping one's hands against their head during repressed memory flashbacks is standard. and since it was never the geass that was making shirley forget, and instead localized brain damage caused by the geass, there's always hope.
Old 2007-02-20, 09:44   Link #208
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I am so hoping for Viletta to regain her memories and call the cops on Ougi and the Black Knights.

Seriously, what's with all the "Oh, she doesn't remember anything, it's so cute"?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 09:48   Link #209
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
She could have just written a good bye letter to him. Maybe she was just planing to get away from there. Running away would sound like it could be the contents of the letter.
she is going to run away so she has to say good bye for her father first? That's sounds good. HOWEVER in the same episode recall that Lulu and CC was looking through her clothing + her underwear. Its all in her drawer. She didn't packed up. She even left her diary on her table. That's sounds very unlikely to be the case if someone was to run away. She is even in her school uniform when she met Mao :3... well running away by death is another story.

Quote:
Also she couldnt leave the gun because if she had left it , it could have endangered Lulu and his identity could have been found out.
leaving a letter there is even worse isn't it -_-.. If the letter in anyway refer Lulu=Zero, he is doom if anyone found it. For the gun, its a very weak link.. all ppl in the story use the same kind of gun so far. Doesn't have anything to do with his identity. I am pretty sure he wipe his print every times he uses it (refer to Sayoko's comment about Type A ppl in DVD extra vol 1).
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 09:56   Link #210
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I am so hoping for Viletta to regain her memories and call the cops on Ougi and the Black Knights.
Naah, we have to wait until Jeremiah makes his almighty return to the series. I can' just imagine the scene we'd get when the two meet like this.
Old 2007-02-20, 10:33   Link #211
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
You know, licensing is a good thing -_- Though hopefully they wont license it until after season 1 and only license season 1. I wouldn't mind owning codegeass on dvd.
No, licensing is not a good thing b/c the American voice actors blow pretty badly and i dont want a such good series be ruined thro their emotionless voices

out of all the licensed animes only few r decent

then again, thats just me
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 10:47   Link #212
Muddle!

Send a message via AIM to Muddle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
No, licensing is not a good thing b/c the American voice actors blow pretty badly and i dont want a such good series be ruined thro their emotionless voices

out of all the licensed animes only few r decent

then again, thats just me
Well they normally release DVD's with subtitles as well so it's not like someone is forcing you to listen to the dub.

Anyway with Viletta's memory gone and the fact that Zero killed Katase I can already see bad things in the future. Hopefully when Orange-kun comes back it won't be another "save Nunnally from the psycho" thing.
Muddle! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 11:19   Link #213
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Nah, I liked her better when she was bitchy.

I guess C.C already filled the "strong female personality" role, so there was no room for left Viletta. So of course the next best place for her was asthe "confused girl with amnesia" which doesn't seem to have any casting restrictions...
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 13:46   Link #214
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I wonder how long Suzaku can hold out by himself out there. First he barely survives because the Guren is extremely strong, then he barely survives here because he's outnumbered and Zero has a strategy to deal with his fighting style. Now that Lelouch knows Suzaku is in there makes you wonder what's going to happen next.

Have to wonder how the lost memories most likely coming back will affect Viletta and Shirley. Both could cause serious problems, especially if Shirley gets the memories of Zero being responsible for her father's death but not the understanding she had right before her mind was rewired. There's always an element of chaos just waiting around the corner for this series.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 14:54   Link #215
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I'm predicting a final scene with a conflict between Shirley and Lelouch. Tipically, she'll be holding a gun against his head or something.

Or, she can be on the verge of killing herself and Lelouch will try to stop her. AND we can throw in Suzaku trying to kill Lelouch to boot. Who knows.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 15:17   Link #216
velvet nightmare

nah, suzaku isn't a threat to lelouch anymore

all he has to do is yell out 'FATHER KILLER' and suzaku will end up like the kids in gundam seed destiny
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 15:41   Link #217
atilim
Knightmare

It does look like that Lelouch has a mental struggle against his Geass. But I got the feeling that his expression was like that because he can use Suzaku better because he is the pilot of Lancelot.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 15:58   Link #218
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well we can expect to see lulu trying to convince suzaku to join his side any moment now ~ most possibly suzaku will refuse but even so i dont think lulu will want to kill him ~ maybe out of no choice and even if he does need to kill suzaku it wont be a pretty sight for his emotional feelings >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 17:17   Link #219
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well we can expect to see lulu trying to convince suzaku to join his side any moment now ~ most possibly suzaku will refuse but even so i dont think lulu will want to kill him ~ maybe out of no choice and even if he does need to kill suzaku it wont be a pretty sight for his emotional feelings >.<
I feel like we're always doubting just how evil Lelouch is becoming. I mean, it only took him some tough words from CC and a shower to decide to keep murdering. after the laugh session, how do we know he's not just going to decide to kill Suzaku next episode? the joining the rebellion plan fell through, and now the new plan to get Suzaku to protect Nunnally. Lelouch even admitted that Suzaku may well have chosen Euphie over him and Nunnally

and he did say at the end of the recap that now he knows Suzaku is the Lancelot's pilot he's already won, not that he could bring Suzaku over to his side.

Last edited by ashlay; 2007-02-20 at 18:04.
Old 2007-02-20, 17:50   Link #220
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Lelouch would still have a heart remaining in him ... he won't kill his best friend. I do think, however, he'd do something nasty about it.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote