AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-09-24, 16:06   Link #241
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Solid last episode. The emotional and character sides of it definitely carried.

It's kind of interesting to compare it to the first season. Last season I think was much better when it came to the finale. The emotional conflict between Anos and Kanon was strong stuff. And there was some legitimate tension despite Anos being Anos. The cast seemed to have to pull themselves together while in this episode...they just kind of sat around. They didn't have to do anything. Technically Anos didn't actually have to do all that much.

The good stuff worked. I'm glad for Misa that her parents will be sticking around. I wasn't sure if she would. But I probably shouldn't have doubted. We're talking about Anos here. That guy won't let tragedy strike on his watch.

Honestly until the memory thing was brought up I thought the entire show was already wrapped up. I mean what else is there? They've tackled the gods, demons, spirits, humans, etc. Everything seems pretty fine. So Anos having a gap in his memory is interesting. Mostly because Anos is so on top of everything that having him lacking memories seems like a pretty wild thing.

The season was fine. But I would say the first season was better. I don't know how much of that was the change in VA for Anos. I never got comfortable with it. Umehara did his best. He can only bring his own voice to the table. It was a perfectly solid bit of voice acting. But Anos just lacked something.

7/10 overall for this first (very long) half of season 2.
Old 2023-11-03, 21:08   Link #242
AndrewR5D4

It's not very important to the story's plot, but I always wondered if Misha's home life ever improved? She was literally raised in isolation and ignored by everyone except Sasha. Where does she even live and what kind of relationship does she have with her family?
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-03, 22:42   Link #243
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
It's not very important to the story's plot, but I always wondered if Misha's home life ever improved? She was literally raised in isolation and ignored by everyone except Sasha. Where does she even live and what kind of relationship does she have with her family?
I've always been kind of curious about that and their parents.
Old 2023-11-03, 23:25   Link #244
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Now that you mention it...I kind of wonder the same. The time traveling implications kind of went over my head in the first place and the show hasn't yet delved into it. The situation hasn't been mentioned and kind of treated like "well that's over".

Be interesting to see more of Misha and Sasha's home lives in the present day.
Old 2023-11-04, 04:04   Link #245
Lex79

I'm assuming her family situation is fine now since Anos and Sasha woukd give taken action if that wasn't the case.
Old 2023-11-14, 23:06   Link #246
AndrewR5D4

One complaint I have is that we know nothing about the Necron Family. Not like Misha is the type to hold a grudge, especially since she has her sister and friends now.

I am curious as to whether her parents accepted Anos as king following the ceremony, or joined the group of royals who still dismiss him as a fake demon king.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-12, 12:37   Link #247
Frontier

What a way to start off the season with Anos approaching a Goddess of Creation voiced by Aoi Yuki and telling her he's going to completely upend the order of this unfair world orchestrated by the Gods...and then settling into charming said Goddess and playing messenger between her and her sister. No wonder he's such a hit with the ladies .

Anos may be publicly acknowledged as the Demon King of Tyranny, but he's still a momma's boy and his mom is still as adorable and doting as ever .

Sasha thought she was having a nice dream of Anos waking her up and wanted him to hold her...and he did, complete with a princess carry! Quite the good morning wakeup, complete with her sister Misha enjoying every minute of it. And I loved the sight of Sasha with her hair down in that sleepwear !

Did you really think just because I'm now known as the Demon King of Tyranny that I wouldn't be able to return to Demon King Academy? Hence the return of six-year old prodigy Anoshu Polticoal !

Erdomaid is still a nutjob out to test Anos by forging the most powerful demon rivals he can...but at least he gets hit by a Zesta whenever he goes a little too far .

Misa can now transform into Avos and have control over that body...but she's still hesitant to use that power again after everything that happened. But Lay would always love and accept her, no matter what. And the fans want to see her as Avos again !

Shin is now the swordsmanship instructor! Which means he can now also duel Lay to get in the way of Lay flirting with his daughter and let him know full well it's too soon for them to get married, especially if Lay can't beat him. And what father hasn't dreamed about killing their daughters' boyfriend (even if he revives afterwards)? Though Lay was able to wound him and Shin accepts that they can at least stay out late together...provided they let Misa's parents know ahead of time .

Anos may be Anoshu, but he knows how to kill and revive some upstart Royalist all the same, and he also totally schools some Royalist jerks who underestimated him and the Demon King Army and basically forces them to clean up the Royalists lest they be stuck with nightmares of their death into eternity. Just an average day for Anos .

Emilia wants salvation from Anos? Well, if she's going to get it, she has to earn it, which means being stuck cleaning up the Hero Academy as a teacher and having to face the same kind of prejudice she espoused when she was a teacher at Demon King Academy. And then, and only then, will she be allowed her old position back. Good luck with that .
Old 2024-04-12, 13:48   Link #248
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

What's the point of watching this if not for the "Did you think I'd die just because I was killed?" line in every episode? Oh right, at least Emilia is still suffering from her actions from waaaay back in s1
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-12, 15:50   Link #249
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

If nothing else the disaster that is Emilia's life has remained an interesting one to keep track of across the seasons. Mess with Anos' mother at your own peril! Though hey...I suppose it's something that Anos is at least leaving her a route forward. An extremely unlikely chance that she can actually reach the out, but it's still technically there. Not to mention the terms of success were hardly clearly defined and honestly the Demon Emperors might not even have any particular prestige by the time she does. But hey...maybe things will work out for her .

And hey, even got a nice little scene with Sasha. Which feels like the first one since sometime in the first season . Tends to not get as much focus as Misha, but gotta take what you can get! Plus I'm glad the bond with Misha and Sasha has remained so solid. Getting through the worst of it really has allowed them to have such a good relationship.

The whole Goddess situation will seemingly be the focus here and that will be nice to follow.
Old 2024-04-12, 18:29   Link #250
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Always funny to be reminded Anos is technically only six months old. Of course he still needs his mom!
Old 2024-04-12, 23:45   Link #251
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
And hey, even got a nice little scene with Sasha. Which feels like the first one since sometime in the first season . Tends to not get as much focus as Misha, but gotta take what you can get! Plus I'm glad the bond with Misha and Sasha has remained so solid. Getting through the worst of it really has allowed them to have such a good relationship.
I think both sisters really took a backseat last season.
Old 2024-04-13, 08:02   Link #252
larethian

Frankly prefer a female VA for the 6-year old form.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-13, 09:53   Link #253
Lex79

"I won't let you dare my daughter until you defeat me" has a totally different vibe when the one saying that is the best swordsman of the demon race and the right hand if the demon king.
Old 2024-04-13, 10:10   Link #254
grecefar

I found that silly because he's already letting them go out together and in the end it's her choice and he can't do anything about it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-13, 10:23   Link #255
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I found that silly because he's already letting them go out together and in the end it's her choice and he can't do anything about it.
He can take out his fatherly frustration by regularly killing him .
Old 2024-04-19, 12:07   Link #256
Frontier

Being the Demon King means dealing with local issues, like a village being attacked by a dragon and figuring out the best way to send forces to take care of it...and luckily Anos has two schools he can use to resolve that .

New OP! Very tense and serious theme as Anos challenges the Gods, along with his friends and family! Also naked Emilia and AvosxLay !

Erdomaid may be a nutjob, but he's actually a pretty diligent and responsible teacher! He even gives out cute nicknames !

When a random Nao Toyama Goddess just freezes class so she can ask you logic questions about the Almighty .

Well, Emilia's only been there for a day, so it's not really surprising...but she still has no handle or real authority over the Hero Academy kids. Luckily Anoshu Polticoal is there to school the Hero Academy brats (again) .

This Zamiris guy (Chafurin!) is a real scummy headmaster. Immediately trying to butter up Lay as Kanon, calling his own students scumbag, and throwing his authority around. Though his own students mutually don't like him either .

Emilia actually acting like a responsible teacher who cares about her students! Even if she also has to keep quiet because she knows her status is riding on her keeping this teaching job, though her own pride also contends with the Hero Academy brats. Maybe they're mutual scumminess can bring them together .

It's funny watching Emilia be actually sweet and tender to Anoshu like a proper teacher not knowing that he's "the most sarcastic man in the world" and the "evil wizard" she blames for her situation...though ultimately she realizes it's her own fault and self-loathing that brought her to this point. A person who eats canned food alone, even if she has no way of actually eating it, just because she can't interact with anyone. But at least she's getting along with Anoshu .

Did you really think we could visit the beach without swimsuits? And Anos just transforms everyone into swimsuits, complete with all the girls in matching white bikini's that hug tight to the butt and show plenty of cleavage, and they all look amazing !

The guys are no slouches either! Especially Anos in that swimsuit! Those abs !

Demon King Zeshia! She's got the authority and speaking pattern down to pat! And she's also a sweet little sister to Anoshu !

Lay and Misa can't even have a beach romcom moment for five minutes without her dad interrupting them and challenging Lay to a swimming contest to see who can better save Misa while they're drowning. Meanwhile Misa just enjoys playing volleyball with the other girls .

Anos gets challenged by Ahide (Toshihiko Seki!) and his Goddess Arcana, and he doesn't have too much trouble...but there's more ahead because he's been chosen to participate in a selection by a God for the chance to become one himself. And he'll have to compete with others chosen by and working with Gods in the process .
Old 2024-04-19, 14:05   Link #257
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

It was a funny episode. Nice to hear Touyama Nao. At least they are following the light novel closely.

Remember this: it’s called Bik Inni - Anos
Old 2024-04-19, 17:37   Link #258
Dextro
He Without a Title

Wait? Did the show just decide to have a Holy Grail War? I love it xD
Old 2024-04-19, 18:19   Link #259
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I feel kinda bad for Emilia, but she did deserve this punishment. It's actually more of a lesson than a punishment.

My disappointment that the girls didn't bring their swimsuits didn't last long, how could I possibly think we wouldn't get to see them in swimsuits just because they didn't bring any? It's like I've learned nothing watching this show. Anos always delivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Wait? Did the show just decide to have a Holy Grail War? I love it xD
It reminded me of Platinum End, the goal and the rules are pretty much the same. Hope it won't end the same way
Old 2024-04-19, 18:39   Link #260
grecefar

I was having a laugh when they attacked anos with some snow. This guy fought against time and death together and was easy for him lol.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demon king, harem