Notices

Old 2022-02-09, 21:21   Link #1
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Xenoblade Chronicles 3

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...8-BDA6EEE73B44

It’s real. It’s coming. And I’m HYPED.

Well, not so much a surprise after how awesomely good the last two were and how incredibly well they sold, but still hyped.

September 2022.

Horizon 2 and Xenoblade 3 alone make this the Awesome Year of Sequels for me.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2022-02-10 at 01:54. Reason: I thought it said September 22 for the release date, but it didn't.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-09, 21:47   Link #2
The Green One

Considering the rave reviews the previous ones got, this one will apparently have a tough act to follow.
Old 2022-02-09, 23:52   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

If they did it twice, they can do it three times.

Xenoblade X was pretty well-received too. That was only a sequel in spirit not story, but technically they already did it three times.

I’m cautiously hoping we get an epilogue of sorts showing life for the previous casts after their respective main stories, since this is supposed to connect the futures of Xenoblades 1 and 2.
Old 2022-02-10, 00:50   Link #4
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Epilogue stuff can be... grimey.
All too many times when a sequel pretty much just says "And the protagonist of the previous game didn't really achieve anything and here we go again!"

And of course, coupling issues. Like, is Mia Nia's daughter? With who?! WHOOOOOO!!!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-10, 01:49   Link #5
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I’m not expecting something as far ahead as sons and daughters and such, but it would be nice to see Shulk and Fiora, and Rex, Homura, and Hikari settled down together and living peacefully in their hard-fought-for worlds. And since this is possibly/probably another world created by Klaus’ messing with the key, just as Xenoblade 2 didn’t make 1’s achievements meaningless, this story won’t either for 1 or 2.

Either way, the game description literally says 3 will connect the futures of 1 and 2, so while we’re at it I’d like to see those futures.
Old 2022-02-10, 06:05   Link #6
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I’m not expecting something as far ahead as sons and daughters and such, but it would be nice to see Shulk and Fiora, and Rex, Homura, and Hikari settled down together and living peacefully in their hard-fought-for worlds. And since this is possibly/probably another world created by Klaus’ messing with the key, just as Xenoblade 2 didn’t make 1’s achievements meaningless, this story won’t either for 1 or 2.

Either way, the game description literally says 3 will connect the futures of 1 and 2, so while we’re at it I’d like to see those futures.
The thing is that the ending of 1 and 2 indicated that there were only 2 worlds, as Klaus was technically only "split in half".

I supposed that if 3 were to connect 1 and 2, it would likely be due to what happened to him in the endings. I'm more likely to believe that when he "died", the worlds of 1 and 2 might being on some sort of collision course with each other.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2022-02-10 at 06:25.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-10, 09:11   Link #7
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I considered the fact that Klaus was split in half too, but he/they never said that other worlds weren’t created without him in them.

It could be some kind of overlapped/collided world, but there was no indication of anything like that happening in 2’s ending unless it happened way after.
Old 2022-02-10, 19:45   Link #8
Shadow5YA

I'm pretty sure the masked High Entia was Melia. Her hair even has the same foward curls at the end.

and the masked girl with cat ears is likely to be Nia.

You can see red/blue mix colored gem embedded on her chest that looks like the Flesh Eater core crystal that Nia has.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-11, 09:38   Link #9
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I should probably ask but is that little DLC bit where the XC2 cast meets Shulk and Fiona canon? Because it would really alter the dynamic between the main characters if this really involves their respective worlds.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-11, 12:14   Link #10
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I should probably ask but is that little DLC bit where the XC2 cast meets Shulk and Fiona canon? Because it would really alter the dynamic between the main characters if this really involves their respective worlds.
Not really, and even if it was, nothing of significance actually happened.

They met in a pocket dimension to do arena challenges and that's pretty much it.
Nothing was really discussed about the state of affairs in their world.

Also assuming that XC3 takes place in the distant future, Fiona would already be long gone and so would Shulk with their limited human lifespans.

Had it been say, Melia that crossed over, then maybe it would have had an impact on this game.
Old 2022-02-11, 19:06   Link #11
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

1+2 -> 3 -> X
Some people are guessing, since the characters' outfits are getting more modern, almost... X-ish, and some terrain and monsters resemble X's

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2022-02-12, 04:36   Link #12
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

But X was just a spiritual sequel/entry and doesn’t have anything to do Klaus or 1 and 2’s stories. X straight up comes from our Earth unconnected to Klaus’ messing with the key where humanity left before it was destroyed. Unless 3 leads into some kind of reset that brings existence back around to original Earth, I don’t see how 1, 2, or 3 could be leading to X.
Old 2022-02-12, 21:19   Link #13
Shadow5YA

Both 1 and 2's planets are uninhabitable outside of the Titans they live on, so I doubt it has any connection to X's planet Earth or Mira.
Old 2022-02-18, 08:41   Link #14
Nymene

Thumbs up

YAHOOOO !!!! I'm pretty hyped for this new Xenoblade game because it has Taion, a character who has similar brown skin as IRL me. Therefore, I'm happy I get to see a character on the protagonist side who has some similar physical features(skin tone) as myself.

Just having myself as a brown-skinned dude(I'm from South Asia)represented in a fantasy RPG made in Japan itself is cause for celebration, as the last significant brown dude character in a JRPG that's not a Tales(Dohalim, Senel) or FF game(Barret, Sazh) appeared only in Suikoden 3 which was an old game.

Dark skin female characters have more representation in Japanese-made games ( like the Native American chick from Shadow Hearts from the New World, Resident Evil 5 and the upcoming Forspoken ) than dark-skin MALE characters so I'm glad I finally get some rep in a Monolith Soft game.
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-20, 19:24   Link #15
Nymene

New trailer vid out ! Nice to see Taion which looks very similar to IRL me ( brown skin, glasses, curly/messy hair )featured in this game, but unfortunately can't play it when it comes out since I only have a PC to game on and don't have Nintendo Switch.....

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-04-21, 23:34   Link #16
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Moving up the release two months, eh? I like it, but I hope they didn’t push too hard for the earlier release and end up having to push it back to August or September. That wouldn’t make people very happy.
Old 2022-04-22, 02:41   Link #17
Shadow5YA

The reason why they can push it forward in the first place is because the game is more or less complete. There is a reason why the trailers show fully functioning gameplay complete with UI.

At this point Nintendo is just trying to find a good time to release it where it won't compete with any of their other first-party games while also making sure there aren't any empty months either.
Old 2022-05-28, 04:08   Link #18
Nymene

Unhappy

Just saw the new trailer with Taion and Eunie facing off against Isurd along with the other party members.

Is there any chance of Xenoblade 3 coming out on the PC ? I want this game so much but can not buy a TV or a Nintendo Switch for it so I do hope they'll sell the game on Steam....
Old 2022-05-28, 12:26   Link #19
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post
Just saw the new trailer with Taion and Eunie facing off against Isurd along with the other party members.

Is there any chance of Xenoblade 3 coming out on the PC ? I want this game so much but can not buy a TV or a Nintendo Switch for it so I do hope they'll sell the game on Steam....
It's never coming out on PC it is a first party Nintendo title
Old 2022-05-28, 19:52   Link #20
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymene View Post

Literally and completely 0% chance

Tags
dark-skin male character