Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-26, 13:03   Link #21
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post
I thought we had discussed this far enough to not call it "Filler". I remember the explanation for "Filler" being added scenes that didn't happen in the manga. This is not added scenes happening during manga material. This is a completely new arc a.k.a. Anime Original Arc.
It's filler. New scenes/episodes/story-arcs that didn't happen in the manga, made purely for the sake of keeping the manga ahead of the anime. That's what "fillers" are. If this was a TV-special or movie, THEN you'd have a point, but this is filler in every sense of the word.

Also, I f***ing knew this was going to happen eventually. That's what you get for rushing through the story like that.
Old 2008-05-26, 17:20   Link #22
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
It might just be the most skippable "original anime story" ever created.
dunno about that...One Piece did one that didn't make much sense and they were in the middle of a fight (I forget which one it was...believe it was in the final CP9 fights) to whereas at least Bleach finished their fights for the moment.
Old 2008-05-26, 18:22   Link #23
zeggy

Yea i have lost track of the story line 2 and lost a bit of interest in bleach which i didnt think could happen. I always eagerly anticipated the next episode, but this has changed to a mild "next episode might be some time soon"

I have to start trying to get into this new story =/
I hope it does fit into the original story line otherwise what's gonna happen between Ichigo/Renji and Orihime/Rukia wont be the real out come!?
Old 2008-05-26, 21:56   Link #24
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Have the Japanese ever considered stopping the show entirely so they could let the manga have time to move forward? Series like this seem to go on year round while other series like Code Geass actually have breaks while they work on the second season.

I guess milking is the term that's a proper explanation.
Old 2008-05-26, 22:42   Link #25
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
Have the Japanese ever considered stopping the show entirely so they could let the manga have time to move forward? Series like this seem to go on year round while other series like Code Geass actually have breaks while they work on the second season.
No, they don't consider stopping the show. There are reasons for that... though I personally think they are bad reasons.

One of the main considerations is that they'll lose their primetime tv slot. Unlike in the US (and other places), the people who make programs have to compete with each other for time slots on TV stations. Since Bleach has a slot in prime time, as soon as they cease airing, someone else will snap it up. Then when Bleach resumes airing again, they'll have to wait for a time slot to open before they can take it. Odds are that they'll be relegated to late night while waiting for a chance. Or else they'll have to offer a lot of money and make deals in back rooms to get the slot. If you think this sounds like an insane way to create a TV schedule, I agree. However, this is how it is done in Japan, so they're afraid to relinquish their grip over Bleach's timeslot.

Another consideration is the fact that they make a lot of money from merchanising. If they stop creating new episodes of Bleach, then they'll stop selling merchandise as people stop thinking about it. The only way to be hot is to not let your property get cold.

A final thing to consider is that re-runs are not very common on Japanese TV. If they tried to put re-runs of Bleach on TV to keep their timeslot, then people would tune out just as if they went off the air. Re-runs just aren't part of their standard TV fare, so folks will feel gipped by them.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-05-26, 22:53   Link #26
lequory
People hate good theories

All I gotta say is do you want Bleach to become Inuyasha...stay close to the manga and have things made up as they go and then when the money runs out never air again? Shame about Inuyasha because they are now just about to finish up the manga.
Old 2008-05-29, 22:49   Link #27
X207
Gamyūsa

though i wonder wat they're going to do when they're ready to jump back to the anime. if they jump back to hueco then maybe they'll kidnap orihime again.
Old 2008-05-30, 00:57   Link #28
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Why would they need to kidnap her again? She's still kidnapped from the last time. None of the current arc is actually happening in this continuity.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-05-30, 02:36   Link #29
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardNights View Post
What is the subtitle of the series that is in yellow at the beginning of the new opening?
Er...it's ..."The New Captain Amagai Shusuke arc"

Is it good? I haven't watched it since 169...I am scared to watch it.

*Dodges Filler Police-san*
Old 2008-05-30, 04:23   Link #30
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

It's pretty good actually. It's just a little bit confusing since it has nothing to do with the story. As long as you pretend that it is a Bleach movie with its own continuity, you'll enjoy it.

Old 2008-05-30, 10:25   Link #31
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Why would they need to kidnap her again? She's still kidnapped from the last time. None of the current arc is actually happening in this continuity.
ty, for clearing that up. im just not too used to a series which creates a side story to allow the manga artist to come up with new material. i was under the asumption se8 ep1 was a continous ep.
Old 2008-06-05, 09:10   Link #32
Hilarieho

Nah don't think that. Otherwise you'll be WTFING all the way through this arc!
Old 2008-06-07, 14:36   Link #33
Ashura666
Ignite the blue flame

Location: Cymru.. though I'm not Welsh I like living there ^.^
Send a message via MSN to Ashura666
It took me a while to understand what was going on and still don't get why they decided to slam a filler arc where they did... I know that it has all to do with catching up with the manga and all but hasn't the manga also gone into back plotkai so why would it need to stop...

Couldn't they just animate the flashbacks about the Vizards and Aizen cos that would be awesome IMO ^.^

Anywway... I like Hobo Captain personally and hope that he doesn't go where every filler character (except Koga) went... cos that would be a shame...

Mindst that statement is coming from someone who really likes 8th devision taichou Shinsui so maybe I cant speak for others
Old 2008-06-09, 22:42   Link #34
lequory
People hate good theories

I never thought I'd say this but Bleach has turned me off and I'm now watching older stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho. I'll still be giving this a chance but I don't get excited once Wednesday rolls around. PICK UP THE PLOT PLEASE.
Old 2008-06-10, 08:10   Link #35
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I have no idea why some people are having such a hard time grasping this concept when it was explained by the narrator in the episode of the first filler.
Old 2008-06-10, 12:22   Link #36
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

the non filler eps are awesome, such as ichi vs. grim, but the filler eps leave me with a bad taste in my mouth, it is not that it is bad or anything but i feel really disconnected somehow (not to mention that the story lines of fillers are kinda plain and fill with lots of non-cool fights), go back to manga already, i dont care if they have to do 1 show per month
Old 2008-06-10, 12:25   Link #37
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Keeping in with Bleach tradition I wouldnt mind seeing Chad kidnapped .This would create the right amount of drama needed for Bleach
Old 2008-06-10, 12:32   Link #38
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Keeping in with Bleach tradition I wouldnt mind seeing Chad kidnapped .This would create the right amount of drama needed for Bleach
I'm guessing it would end up like this:

Rukia: ICHIGO CHAD WAS KIDNAPPED
Ichigo: What?!
Rukia: Yeah he was kidnapped by some ninjas
Ichigo: Is he a female in this anime?
Rukia: Well no...but what does that-
Ichigo: Then he will save himself
Old 2008-06-10, 12:42   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

This filler was ruined for me because of the little girl and her guards, we already have Nel and Pink hair girl, and the SOul Mod girl, we don't need more Loli's ... the new captain is cool. lets stick to that.... I fucking hate this Back and forth crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
THe Soul King will prob order Orihime/Chad's death because of her/his power and Ichigo will disagree and fight.

I WANT MORE HOLLOW ICHIGO
Old 2008-06-10, 16:37   Link #40
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

I'm just waiting for more Kenpachi *simple minded*

Closed Thread