AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-18, 04:46   Link #441
Killerattacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLB
God damn, man, that looks like far too much effort.

Speaking of, I'm not going to be releasing the scripts anymore. My reason is up on my website. Mind you, if I find more info about the series, I'll put it up on the sub page, and I'll keep the subtitles already released up. I'll probably be correcting them eventually too.
It's somehow sad to see that you stopped your work on the Elfenlied scripts. Well, it's your decision and it's understandable. And the elfenlied.net thing wasn't far too much work IMHO. The domain was free, I already had most of the stuff, thus I managed to complete the whole thing in less than two days.

But putting all that aside I CANNOT WAIT FOR EP 9 ;p
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 05:55   Link #442
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

After reading some later chapters of the manga, it seems that even the manga series is coming to an end soon I guess maybe releasing later part of the series as OVAs is not a bad idea after all, if the manga is gonna end at around volume 10 or so (currently it does seem quite likely )
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 07:21   Link #443
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
After reading some later chapters of the manga, it seems that even the manga series is coming to an end soon I guess maybe releasing later part of the series as OVAs is not a bad idea after all, if the manga is gonna end at around volume 10 or so (currently it does seem quite likely )
You mean by
Spoiler for chapter 83:
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 16:04   Link #444
Mentar
Banned

Whoah! Major upset, they are diverging from the manga storyline, and very significantly so!

A very scary ep9 that was, and they're still not completely done with the flashbacks. I start to wonder how this is going to end, because as far as I can see it's not necessarily headed into the manga direction anymore.

I'm really excited now
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 16:45   Link #445
Spuffy
オウカ~

Those excessive flashbacks are starting to annoy me. One ep would have been fine, but a series only having 13 eps, then I think it's a waste having allmost two full flashback eps. They really didn't have to be that long. Now it's three really slow eps, I hope they find back to the original pace soon again.

Ragarding the previous ep
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Ep 9 screenshots:

Last edited by Spuffy; 2004-09-20 at 14:50. Reason: Added screenshots
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 17:51   Link #446
Mentar
Banned

Depends on what you're looking for in this series. I'll take Lucy's background story and character development over yet another "Bad Guy points a gun at girl and grazes her with shots to make her bleed" scene any day
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 21:50   Link #447
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
I still haven't gotten over the way Lucy talks as a kid.
That, and her method of finding a place to sleep. At least this show isn't turning down the blood showers.
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 22:03   Link #448
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

They are getting close to why Kouta lost his memory and how it plays into the story. I think they will cover it in the next ep or so.

As to the blood shower. They are not very environmental (conservative) with it are they? There's more blood to be spilled.
________
HONEY OIL

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 12:02.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 00:35   Link #449
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Yet another episode where I sat wide eyed for most of it.

DAMN

The episode leads me to ask a question however. When Lucy first escaped fro mthe research facility, was she humming the song Lilium?

Spoiler for Episode 9:

I was very pissed off the see the episode end where it did. I was like "NO, IT CAN'T STOP YET!!!" and then it did.

The director sure knows how to leave you hanging.
Old 2004-09-21, 00:56   Link #450
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Screenshots of the Episode 10 Preview

Some screenshots for episode 10, content warning.

Spoiler for The Innocent Kurama:

Spoiler for The Young Kakuzawa:

Spoiler for Lucy/Nana Captive?:

Spoiler for Reminiscent Girl:

Spoiler for Bloodshed:

Spoiler for Murderer?:

Spoiler for Unknown:

Last edited by Timeless Enigma; 2004-09-21 at 01:02. Reason: Fixing broken links
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 01:29   Link #451
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The movie trailer and screenshots for episode 10 are already uploaded in the official webpage.

What's to come:
Spoiler:

Seriously, either the writers or animators are very much obsessed with pedophiliac fanservice.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 01:33   Link #452
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Haha, I forgot about that completely. I guess I should revisit the official site, haven't been their since Elfen Lied first aired.

Looks like that episode will certainly contain more flashbacks though.
Old 2004-09-21, 02:11   Link #453
DwArD
mAnIaC

Whoa~Never saw this thread until now. All I can say is Elfen Lied does indeed have a nice story plot. And after watching up till the 9th episode,
Spoiler:

Some other thoughts:
Spoiler:

Question:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-21, 10:00   Link #454
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Question:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 10:13   Link #455
DwArD
mAnIaC

Cool.....thanks for that...one of these days after my O'levels, I gonna go take up jap courses. Anyway, I don't really think Kouta 'loves' Yuka. Let me ask.....how many guys can actually resist a kiss from such a cute girl

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-21, 10:13   Link #456
Mashimaro
q8D

Spoiler for Response to DwArD:

When Guido said "movie trailers" I thought there was going to be a movie after series so I looked all the way back at the past posts. ~0~

Episode 9 sounds good, must watch.
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 10:17   Link #457
DwArD
mAnIaC

Oops.....sorry bout that.....too tired after the exams so can't type and form sentence structures properly
Old 2004-09-21, 10:34   Link #458
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Cool.....thanks for that...one of these days after my O'levels, I gonna go take up jap courses. Anyway, I don't really think Kouta 'loves' Yuka. Let me ask.....how many guys can actually resist a kiss from such a cute girl

Spoiler:
well, as far as I see, Kouta likes Nyu/Lucy, but that's about it, he treats her as a friend/someone he needs to protect, he doesn't show much romantic interest in her, while he surely has some romantic interest in Yuuka, both now and when he was young...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 19:29   Link #459
Kusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, as far as I see, Kouta likes Nyu/Lucy, but that's about it, he treats her as a friend/someone he needs to protect, he doesn't show much romantic interest in her, while he surely has some romantic interest in Yuuka, both now and when he was young...
Does anyone know how many manga's are out now? I have heard only 8 but I saw a scan that I never seen before in all 8 books.
Kusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 20:37   Link #460
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

For the manga, currently 8 tankoubons (volumes) have been published.

The series is however serialised in one of those regular 'phonebook' mangazines (the tankoubans are collected from there and tidied/spruced up). Currently Elfen Lied the manga is at Chapter 83.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen