AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-11, 13:50   Link #261
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well now, the second episode was a quite pleasant surprise. I was fully expecting the show to remain true to it's roots introduced in episode 1 (An over-the-top slapstick comedy - not that there is anything wrong with that), but they went ahead and did something better - added character depth and more down-to-earth personalities, and early in to the show to boot. There is nothing wrong with being a hectic comedy, but it is episodes such as these which make me appreciate a show even more. Fleshing out characters to move them beyond their specific niche in comedy environment was not something i expected from this show, but here we are non the less, and the result was a quite satisfying watch. Now i will dare to hope they keep building upon these deeper foundations, little by little.

At first i had assumed (as had many, probably) that if there would be any romance hints, those would involve Mio, but this episode established some good chemistry basis between Yuuno and Tarou. This has a fair bit of potential if they keep pursuing that avenue, and it seems we might get just that, seeing the creep from Yuuno's past is about to make an appearance. My expectations were certainly raised this episode.
Old 2010-10-11, 14:12   Link #262
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
What a surprise just as i stated i hope they would not rely on the same old material to drive the story forward we get a great 2nd episode full of win. Im amazed how the story can actually transition from humor to serious and back again seamlessly.

I love stories that are character driven and to get such character depth in only 2 episode is very rare. I knew that Yuuno had a problem with men that was obvious but i had no clue that the cause would be something as terrible as what she told Tarou. Both their personalities are quite pleasant they are just normal teenagers with not so normal problems.

When Mio stated that Tarou and Yuuno were alike i really didnt put my finger on what she meant till later. Its very easy to see why Mio paired these two together to try to help them with their so called dysfunctions and it was a brilliant idea. But the chemistry between the two worked out far beyond what i would have expected. Yuuno cute side was shown if full force during the zoo scene. Tarou could not help but to notice the real Yuuno. Also, at the train station Tarou had no obligation to stay with Yuuno but despite his M mode tendencies hes just that guy that cant leave someone alone who may be in need. We may even get a chance to see Tarou step into the protector role..

I still love Mio even more now that we know she honestly wants to help people and shes not just a violent foul mouth loli. lol

My instincts told me I was going to love this series and im happy to see that it has not let down my expectations so far.
Old 2010-10-11, 15:05   Link #263
broken270
Defying gravity

I laughed when Tatsukichi blossomed his narcissism when he cross-dresses. So, there is another girl who has androphobia and a strong punch (Arashiko and Mahiru team anyone?). I'm starting to think all of the characters in the show have a specific problem. I wonder what the new girl in pink hair has to offer.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 20:28   Link #264
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
This thread is turning into an angry mob. That is, again, disturbing. Why must humanity's baser instincts always manifest themselves in the worst ways?
Why must guys be violent towards women when they can use their mouths even to insult them.....ask yourself this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah guys, I hate that character too but really, relax. It's been a couple of days already, no use wasting your energy being mad towards a fictional character. Try to forget him or something, I'm sure he'll come later and won't stay unpunished.
Fictional perhaps but did you ever have a girl cry to you because her face was smashed or there was a bruise that the pain hurts? Or saw one and you knew it might be violent related? I did and Yoshioka is fictional but IRL people like him exist. That's why I just express what I feel and join the bandwagon of the same feelings as me. Besides I started it if anything.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 20:31   Link #265
Midonin
Last Engage

But does answering the problem of violence with more violence solve anything? Without context (and sometimes with context), the theoretical you who wants to beat him up would look just as bad.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 20:54   Link #266
Seiryuu

I haven't heard when Tarou's first incident happened, so does it not even appear in the LN? I'd really be willing to bet that there's a connection between Yuuno's situation and what she did to Tarou. Hoping we hear the part she was going to tell later, this time without a sudden interruption. That, and let Tarou teach Yoshioka to be a masochist for average guys. See how many girls go for him or feel any pity for him when he's begging Tarou for more pain.

I think the ideal pairings would be Yuuno-Tarou, and Mio-Tatsukichi. Never pair a sadist with a masochist in a story like this. You set up people having issues they need to work out and habits they need to break, they shouldn't be paired so the two will feed off each other and grow more and more hopeless. Better to have the girl with the superiority complex paired with a guy who will not hesitate to remind her of her shortcomings, and to pair the guy with the twisted split personality that goes out of control with a girl who can pound that out of him. Similarly, better to have Tarou and Yuuno together because their situations are so closely linked, and Tarou will be able to take any abuse Yuuno inadvertently delivers without complaint, so she won't ruin the relationship if she has a bad spell.

Also, Yuuno is absolutely adorable when she's trying to be a tsundere.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 21:32   Link #267
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Yuuno-Tarou, definitely, 100-percent; their chemistry works really damn well, and surprising too, because that was quite an unexpected turn.

But Mio-Tatsukichi? I don't know about that. Logically, your reasoning works, but I hardly sense anything that would make them LIKE each other.
Yuuno and Tarou don't just work because their problems keeps the other in check; they got a little more going for them than that.

And really, fictional character or not, at least stay in the realm of rationality, people.

(But I would also like to punch to him in the face)
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 23:24   Link #268
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Another series that is generating a lot of thread intensity.... guess I have to see what the sturm und drang is about.
Old 2010-10-11, 23:30   Link #269
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
But does answering the problem of violence with more violence solve anything? Without context (and sometimes with context), the theoretical you who wants to beat him up would look just as bad.
No but does revenge ever not sound sweet regardless the means to the end of that. You see the interesting part in the next episode will be about what you said of how Tarou will handle all this. I have some theory but do not want to lucky guess and get a warning from it. I did read the spoilers for the novels BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I think the ideal pairings would be Yuuno-Tarou, and Mio-Tatsukichi. Never pair a sadist with a masochist in a story like this. You set up people having issues they need to work out and habits they need to break, they shouldn't be paired so the two will feed off each other and grow more and more hopeless. Better to have the girl with the superiority complex paired with a guy who will not hesitate to remind her of her shortcomings, and to pair the guy with the twisted split personality that goes out of control with a girl who can pound that out of him. Similarly, better to have Tarou and Yuuno together because their situations are so closely linked, and Tarou will be able to take any abuse Yuuno inadvertently delivers without complaint, so she won't ruin the relationship if she has a bad spell.
I 100% agree with you on your way of thinking for the couple pairing. It is brilliant and logical! Good one and enjoyed reading that.
Old 2010-10-11, 23:40   Link #270
tsunade666

isn't an S Mio and an M Tarou enough reason?

though your reasoning of the two would get tired of each other. Then that would also mean stopping from being and S & M and starts normal relationship

Yuuno and Tarou also complements each other and they share some short comings and cute together *o* hard to pick one
Old 2010-10-12, 00:18   Link #271
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Why must guys be violent towards women when they can use their mouths even to insult them.....ask yourself this one.
... because they can

Anyway for the character from HatsuInu ... why are abuse/rape victims always depicted with a large bust, dark hair, and timid ... is it some kind of image mangaka and animators have about victim-girls?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 04:41   Link #272
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Yuuno-Tarou, definitely, 100-percent; their chemistry works really damn well, and surprising too, because that was quite an unexpected turn.

But Mio-Tatsukichi? I don't know about that. Logically, your reasoning works, but I hardly sense anything that would make them LIKE each other.
Yuuno and Tarou don't just work because their problems keeps the other in check; they got a little more going for them than that.

And really, fictional character or not, at least stay in the realm of rationality, people.

(But I would also like to punch to him in the face)
I'll admit I wasn't 100% serious about Mio-Tatsukichi. They'd be an incredibly entertaining couple, but I'm not sure what would have to happen to spark it. They definitely have chemistry though, and may be the only ones who can handle the other.
Also, yes indeed Yuuno and Tarou have a lot going for them, I was just being brief and simple.

BTW, not ALL rape victims are large busted. While she is dark-haired and extremely timid, Hinako from Bitter Virgin is average at best. But somehow Yuuno made me think of her, even though Yuuno's past is nothing in comparison.
Old 2010-10-12, 05:53   Link #273
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
I'll admit I wasn't 100% serious about Mio-Tatsukichi. They'd be an incredibly entertaining couple, but I'm not sure what would have to happen to spark it.
Maybe the fake big breasts of Tatsukichi? But Tatsukichi does have a split personality right?
Old 2010-10-12, 11:36   Link #274
tsunade666

yap, his the type that when you praised him to much he enters that kinda of state.
Old 2010-10-12, 11:54   Link #275
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Yay for making assumptions about pairings after 2 episodes of a series that so far focused on one of the two (important) girls only. Not to mention the anime won't have a definite ending anyway.

aah I'm getting cynical again
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 14:16   Link #276
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan

Good, delicious, relatively deep plot.

Hopefully the series continues in a multi-dimensional fashion, though at this point it looks like it could fall into a harem rut despite the fact that it's already seemingly set up like that.

TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
HitoriTomoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 05:31   Link #277
Seiryuu

After looking over this, I can see what the mods meant about us discussing stuff that's in the LN too much. Part of Yoshioka's actions are in the anime, but not all of them. He's still unworthy to call himself a man, but all that he's done that we know of in the anime is
Spoiler:
In the LN, we get more:
Spoiler:
I still believe we'll most likely see this stuff come up, because as I said we were left with hints to there being more that Arashiko hadn't been able to say, and to the parts left out being somewhat significant.
Old 2010-10-13, 05:47   Link #278
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
In the LN, we get more:
Spoiler:
I still believe we'll most likely see this stuff come up, because as I said we were left with hints to there being more that Arashiko hadn't been able to say, and to the parts left out being somewhat significant.
You just my rage go over 9000. I know one girl who beat like that so she needed plastic surgery.......damn bastards! I hate them! Yoshiokaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Your ass would be mine if I could get into this anime world to beat shit like you! Along with my followers around here. Seriously shit like him IRL I eat for breakfast or play for target practice with my rifle! Yeah I know I might go to jail for that......is it worth it? Heck yeah! In my position maybe less since I have to farm but I would make so I don't go to jail. Yuno is lucky she was not deformed.......if there is a mention of a physical scar watch me anger about it to express myself. We shall see.
Old 2010-10-13, 11:35   Link #279
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This looks to be a good representation of *real* evil, the mundane banal evil at a personal level (his treatment of Arashiko).

Interestingly, Arashiko means "little storm" ...
Old 2010-10-13, 11:47   Link #280
tsunade666

their is no physical scar but their is that mental scar which hunts yuuno now and that is her phobia of men.

I would really like to torture that sempai.

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen