AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 68 36.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 32.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 20.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.62%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-16, 17:20   Link #61
ordnance11

What did happen at Tanabata 3 years ago? These two didn't meet then..last time I checked...unless Kyon went back in time!

I liked Kyon's pronounciation of the word Angel concerning Mikuru.

Haruruhi with a pen on her upper lip...snicker

Asahina's reaction to passing out flyers in the front gate..again!

Now that's interesting..Nagato setting the whole thing up.
Old 2006-05-16, 17:20   Link #62
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Conclusion of episode 7:
Itsuki is a Full Metal Panic fan, a super fan.
Old 2006-05-16, 17:25   Link #63
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

And all this happened because Kyon uses Internet Explorer.
Kyon, do yourself a favor and use Firefox
Old 2006-05-16, 17:31   Link #64
Amaranthine

I love Yuki ten times as much after that episode. <3 Getting to see her in action at last, and that scene at the very end was just... beautiful.

I'm also among the few who like Itsuki, so more of him was great as well. I'm impressed if he was only using one tenth of his power. o_o There was plenty of the reason why I like him too (which seems to be the reason why a lot of people dislike him), the fact that he always seems to have that stupid smile on his face, and to be completely unconcerned by what's going on around him the vast majority of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
- Kyon's rapidfire complaints about Itsuki being way too close for comfort.
I loved that bit too. I like seeing Itsuki annoy Kyon, for some reason. xD

It was simply an excellent episode. It was funny as always, it had some good action, more reasons to love the characters, and it left me with plenty to think about afterwards. The main thing being what Kyon brought up at the end: what is Yuki up to, and why.

I'm not sure I can pin down one specific thing as my favourite moment, but the fist thing that comes to mind is Kyon's narration when Mikuru was hanging onto his legs. Excellent work by his seiyuu, that high pitched voice cracked me up.

Edit: For typos. I hate typos. x_x

Last edited by Amaranthine; 2006-05-16 at 17:42.
Old 2006-05-16, 17:39   Link #65
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Mark me down as another person who likes Itsuki. It was great to see him use his powers this time around. He and Yuki ought to team up more often.
Old 2006-05-16, 18:19   Link #66
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

*Twilight Zone music*
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-16, 18:21   Link #67
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Great episode, with some nice character development for Yuki. I gave it a 9. Mikuru's reaction when Haruhi wanted to pass out flyers was great too. She will probably still have nightmares about that when she's an adult...

Kyon was back at full force with his comments, and we finally get to see Itsuki use some of his power in the anime. With this the anime steps up once again, after a bit of a lull last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
*Twilight Zone music*
Spoiler:
No, it seems despite being from the future, Mikuru is a normal person. What we saw in episode one was likely Haruhi's doing, much like the talking cat. Maybe human evolution went towards an increased moe factor, rather than any kind of special power?
Old 2006-05-16, 18:29   Link #68
Seyluun

Great ep, though i was a bit disappointed to see so little Yuki (I was hoping for an ep fully centered on her). Oh well, still a very funny one.
Old 2006-05-16, 18:46   Link #69
Amaranthine

Quote:
No, it seems despite being from the future, Mikuru is a normal person. What we saw in episode one was likely Haruhi's doing, much like the talking cat. Maybe human evolution went towards an increased moe factor, rather than any kind of special power?
Based on the evidence, that seems overwhelmingly likely. >_>

I thought that the eye beams were real myself.

Spoiler for Speculation with episode spoilers:
Old 2006-05-16, 18:53   Link #70
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Great episode, with some nice character development for Yuki. I gave it a 9. Mikuru's reaction when Haruhi wanted to pass out flyers was great too. She will probably still have nightmares about that when she's an adult...

Kyon was back at full force with his comments, and we finally get to see Itsuki use some of his power in the anime. With this the anime steps up once again, after a bit of a lull last week.

There are evidence to suggest that Mikuru might have been chosen for her role because there was no other choice. That's the irony of it all, I guess.

If you have an important task to perform in the past, but the person who was supposed to do this according to historical records, is completely useless, you will still have no choice but to send that person.

This is just a theory though...
Old 2006-05-16, 19:31   Link #71
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I was rewatching this episode and I noticed this poster behind Kyon.

Could that be a group picture of the 3 female leading seiyus?
Old 2006-05-16, 19:33   Link #72
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
I was rewatching this episode and I noticed this poster behind Kyon.

Could that be a group picture of the 3 female leading seiyus?
Yes, they are.

We haven't said much, because that was already pointed out last week when we saw the preview for this episode.
Old 2006-05-16, 19:45   Link #73
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

The eye beam of Mikuru is...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-16, 19:46   Link #74
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
There are evidence to suggest that Mikuru might have been chosen for her role because there was no other choice. That's the irony of it all, I guess.

If you have an important task to perform in the past, but the person who was supposed to do this according to historical records, is completely useless, you will still have no choice but to send that person.

This is just a theory though...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-16, 19:50   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

iamandragon you've been told many times, stop double posting.

I had a feeling that the poster was to do with the cast. ^^;
Old 2006-05-16, 20:14   Link #76
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Great episode!! A perfect 10 from me!

In addition to what everyone else has pointed out (do you think that Itsuki is a closet otaku?), I liked Haruhi's expressions during the "interview," especially this one:
Spoiler for Haruhi's Smirk:
Old 2006-05-16, 20:32   Link #77
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
No, it seems despite being from the future, Mikuru is a normal person.
er...actually you are technically wrong. Mikuru is an augmented human, with a neru-activated device.

That's why she can timetravel. And which is also why we see her during episode 04 at the baseball game, holding her hand to her head, when everyone recieved information about Haruhi getting frustrated.
Old 2006-05-16, 21:07   Link #78
Lambda

I feel the sudden need to come on here and just gush, that was the best piece of television I've seen for years, first off we have a generally irritated and thus wonderful to listen to Kyon, and he's on absolute top form throughout, but then things go wonderfully wierd and interesting and suddenly Yuki rises from almost complete anonymity to become absolutely dominant, and suddenly despite Haruhi also being on top form, I'm not even mentioning her until now, I didn't think that was possible, surely in any show someone like that must inevitably take complete dominance, but such is the quality of what we have here, and all this despite the fact that I'm missing things left, right and centre because I can only process so much information at a time, perfect direction and attention to detail as always, this really is just television from the gods.

Erm, that was my considered and well thought out opinion of that episode. And I'll use sentences next time. Promise!
Old 2006-05-16, 21:12   Link #79
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambda
I feel the sudden need to come on here and just gush, that was the best piece of television I've seen for years, first off we have a generally irritated and thus wonderful to listen to Kyon, and he's on absolute top form throughout, but then things go wonderfully wierd and interesting and suddenly Yuki rises from almost complete anonymity to become absolutely dominant, and suddenly despite Haruhi also being on top form, I'm not even mentioning her until now, I didn't think that was possible, surely in any show someone like that must inevitably take complete dominance, but such is the quality of what we have here, and all this despite the fact that I'm missing things left, right and centre because I can only process so much information at a time, perfect direction and attention to detail as always, this really is just television from the gods.

Erm, that was my considered and well thought out opinion of that episode. And I'll use sentences next time. Promise!
I'm glad you like it.

now change your avatar and signature, to Haruhi standard NOW.

Haruhi ownz J00!

Old 2006-05-16, 21:31   Link #80
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
er...actually you are technically wrong. Mikuru is an augmented human, with a neru-activated device.

That's why she can timetravel. And which is also why we see her during episode 04 at the baseball game, holding her hand to her head, when everyone recieved information about Haruhi getting frustrated.
Ah, but that's a result of technology of the future, not some inate power. Besides, from what we've seen in the anime, it only gives her the ability to time travel and recieve info, like you mentioned. Apart from that, she seems completely normal, not even enhanced reflexes, unless she's hiding it to blend in more. Though time travel on it's own is a nice power, even if it's not the most useful in combat.