AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 19 20.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 52.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 21.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-26, 21:04   Link #61
Implosion
Sushi Terrorist

I don't want to believe that something like that is happening, I really don't. I would much rather that something real and solid is happening here. This of course makes me biased against all the talk of doppelgangers and the like. >_<

Well, I guess I'll choose a side here and place most of my trust in Kei-chan's sanity.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-26, 21:33   Link #62
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

For Tomitake and Teppei...

Spoiler:

For Satako...

Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2006-06-26 at 21:43.
Old 2006-06-26, 21:44   Link #63
Jaruromania

If they're trying to protect Keiichi, shouldn't at least one of them let him know what it is that they're doing, when no one else is around? It's not like he's stupid enough to just go turn himself in if he finds out he actually did kill the uncle and wasn't hallucinating.

Or is he?
Old 2006-06-26, 21:56   Link #64
BakaOnna

I don't like the theory about the whole murder taking place in Keiichi's head, but the more I think about, the more it may make sense. Key word being may since up to the point, I'll believe almost anything and everything that happens in this series.

Spoiler:

I think I should've given this episode a 10 instead of a 9 because just this one episode was able to mess up a number of probable theories and turn this whole mystery around. The group that made this game is genius.
Old 2006-06-26, 22:38   Link #65
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Spoiler:

A 10, because, while nothing happened, I can see this being a must-rewatch episode later. Like others said, it makes or breaks your theories.

I wonder if there's an English translation of this game floating around somewhere
Old 2006-06-27, 00:37   Link #66
Jaruromania

There's a lot of holes with the "It's all in Keiichi's head" theory.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-27, 03:40   Link #67
Redbeard

Ok, finally organized my thoughts as to what happened. I think this is the only logical explanation for the events that occurred. If anyone notices any major holes (very likely considering the show's track record), please point them out. It is rather late now so I hope I didn't leave anything out...

Spoiler for My theory:
Old 2006-06-27, 05:23   Link #68
willem113
I wanna go peeping ^^

Send a message via MSN to willem113
I realy loved this ep.
Keiichi killed Satako's uncle and buried him but is wasn't him.
So i'm tinking it's gotta be the curse of the shrine god.
Old 2006-06-27, 08:52   Link #69
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
If they're trying to protect Keiichi, shouldn't at least one of them let him know what it is that they're doing, when no one else is around? It's not like he's stupid enough to just go turn himself in if he finds out he actually did kill the uncle and wasn't hallucinating.
Exactly. As I said earlier in this thread, the girls should be aware that Keiichi is an awful liar so in order for this alibi cover story to have any chance of succeeding they should inform him as soon as possible. In Watanagashi it became clear the policemen were on the alert during the festival, I'd venture that this is probably true for this arc, too. So it's not a stretch to assume that some policeman was there to see whether there will be peopel who might not attend the show. If that's the case the whole alibi thing is pointless unless someone very similar to K1 was in fact attending the festival. Satoko might be deluding herself that her uncle is alive but the other three lying about Keiichi being at the festival makes no sense to me. So we have three options:
- Someone was at the festival who looked exactly like K1. Only Satoshi comes to mind but I doubt he resembles Keiichi that much so that the girls would mistake him for Keiichi.
- The girls actually told K1 about the alibi plan but he forgot that for some reason. Not too bloody likely, though.
- He actually attended the festival and the whole murdering sequence of events was in his imagination. I don't like this explanation either, it's like we always explain the most puzzling things in every arc in that way, I don't think it's this simple.
I have the nagging suspicion that someone (Takano?) organized the whole thing in order to drive Keiichi crazy. Of course, that begs the question "Why?" and unfortunately I don't have an answer.

Old 2006-06-27, 10:57   Link #70
rocket
Senior and Demented

Well, one way or another it's all going to hinge on whether..
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-27, 11:11   Link #71
LostBlue
祭囃子

Spoiler for The Novel vs the Episode:
Old 2006-06-28, 10:22   Link #72
Gains
Rain lover

This episode is very confusing to me.

Spoiler for My thoughts:

I have my own suspicions also regarding Takano

Spoiler for 34-tan:
Old 2006-06-28, 11:23   Link #73
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Well Takano is definitly one creepy character *THOSE EYES just bug me and give me shivers* but I thinks theres a logical reasoning behind her knowing about Teppi's murdur:

Spoiler for takano:
Old 2006-06-30, 12:01   Link #74
Datj

You know....

Im going to agree with a good amount of people here.

I wasnt thinking that it was real..and the murder did happen. But now it happen more and more like this was all a delusion...simple and pure delusion.

Well maybe not so simple.
Old 2009-04-08, 14:22   Link #75
Fernando Hernandez

I was just reading the Tatarigoroshi-Hen Manga and I have to say it sheds a lot more light on the arc as a whole (I'm not finished it yet just up through chapter 7), particularly Keiichi's relationship with Satoko and why he was willing to go so far for her (in the Anime it always felt like a pretty sudden decision)...but I also thought I'd share, for those who don't know from the game and haven't seen the Manga, a very interesting scene in Tatarigoroshi-Hen that I'm very disappointed the Anime glossed over.

I've read things from game players too of course and it seems this arc was one of the worst for the Anime out of the sheer number of things the excluded (and personally so far, for me who hasn't seen Kai yet, Tatarigoroshi is my favorite arc), but one scene in particularly caught my attention as something that really shouldn't have been missed, where Keiichi, Tomitake and Takano meet up after Keiichi leads Tomitake to the shrine...

Starts here.

http://www.onemanga.com/Higurashi_no...igoroshi/7/22/

Read that scene and then go back and watch this episode again, and see if you think of things a little differently; I know I did.
Closed Thread