AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2007-07-30, 16:10   Link #1121
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin-3 View Post
i think man united or chelsea will win this season, they buy many good player especially united. and for biggest contender is Liverpool with it Fernando Torres, i believe he will give a lot to the reds. and for arsenal, i doubt they can compete this season
What good player Chelsea buy this summer??Liverpool and Man. made better transfers
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 19:41   Link #1122
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeplayer987 View Post
What good player Chelsea buy this summer??Liverpool and Man. made better transfers
Incoming Transfers for Chelsea:

Steve Sidwell - Good player, but cant see him getting any gametime

Claudio Pizarro - Very good signing. He can still score goals, and I'm sure he'll do well for Chelsea

Tel Ben Haim - Jose's been shrewd with this buy. Ben Haim is quite underrated, is a a very well rounded defender.

Florent Malouda - Robbens replacement. A top player, crosses well and isnt afraid to run at defenders.

Soon Alex will be brought in. This's guys a top defender and will be a very good buy for Chelsea. Also rumours of Diarra leaving so there is more chance Chelsea will sign Daniel Alves. If that happens, they'll win the league.

Liverpool signing Voronin on a bosman was great. Torres has a lot to prove especially after all the hype and the price Liverpool paid. Babel is a good player, but is very overrated. Leto & Leiva are young and I doubt they'll play much this season

So IMO Chelsea have made better signings than Liverpool.
Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 02:38   Link #1123
gin-3
who am i?

i wondering about Arsenal ...... why they dont buy quality player ... i mean eduardo and sagna are still newbie for EPL play. does Wenger hate buy well named player? and why they let go Henry?

and for Iraq, they do excellent job, i saw their match against Saudi Arabia on final, and they play very extremely outrageous. i really mean it, they play individually attractive, they make Saudi only has few chance to attack, and their physical power is really amazing, they make many long shot effort, Saudi got lucky because they have good goalkeeper, if not, its gonna be more than one goal.
gin-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 10:42   Link #1124
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
i wondering about Arsenal ...... why they dont buy quality player ... i mean eduardo and sagna are still newbie for EPL play. does Wenger hate buy well named player? and why they let go Henry?
Wenger hardly ever buys an established well known player. Henry, Ljungberg, Vieria, Anelka, Fabregas are just a few names. Its just his style, he buys players will lots of talents but not much exposure. Then mould these players into world class stars.

Also an upside with buying an unknown is that there is less pressure on them, in comparison with buying a superstar for 25million.
Old 2007-07-31, 13:52   Link #1125
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
Wenger hardly ever buys an established well known player. Henry, Ljungberg, Vieria, Anelka, Fabregas are just a few names. Its just his style, he buys players will lots of talents but not much exposure. Then mould these players into world class stars.

Also an upside with buying an unknown is that there is less pressure on them, in comparison with buying a superstar for 25million.
Reyes is probably the biggest signing Wenger has done since he came to Arsenal. But also the biggest failure, Reyes was my favourite player. I´ll never forget his debute against Chelsea and his two goals. It was at first sight. It such a shame he never could adapt to the english lifestyle and that english defenders (aka as the ugly Neville brothers) must go in for the kill instead of the ball.

There´s been a lot of interesting signings this silly season but, and this is a big but. Why is Wesley Sneijder still an Ajax player? I´m not trying to belittle a great club like Ajax but he belongs in a bigger club in a bigger league.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 14:37   Link #1126
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

I agree. I used to love Reyes (no homo). He was my favourite player, but he was too moany and after his rift with Henry he wasnt the same player. I wish him well at Atletico, I'm sure he'll do well in his own enviroment.

Atletico are looking very good. Forlan, Aguero, Luccin, Maxi, Maniche, Luis Garcia, Reyes & possibly Riqueleme. Wow, thats 1 heck of a line-up. With tha they should be challenging for 1st place.

There was talk about Snejder going to Everton, but it seems it was just that. He's a talented player, and I think he'll get his move next year.
Old 2007-07-31, 16:47   Link #1127
arcadeplayer987

My team Steaua made a good game in CL second round and won.
Zablebie Lubin - Steaua Bucharest 0-1
We are almost in the third round.
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 17:20   Link #1128
Numinous_Pulchritude
...take my breath away...

Okay, I was so confused. So it's a Soccer/Football thread... not AMERICAN foot ball... xD

Phew... ^_^
Numinous_Pulchritude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 17:37   Link #1129
Sasuke_Bateman
No

lmao great pic Medic
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 07:02   Link #1130
gin-3
who am i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
that english defenders (aka as the ugly Neville brothers) must go in for the kill instead of the ball.
hey i like Neville brothers, they're strong and loyal defender, and Reyes should be kill because he has dangerous drible.

you know, Gary Neville is on my sister top fave football player, i don't understand why she pick him, Gary is short and little fat, but she thinks he is cute ??????
....girl...

Quote:
Atletico are looking very good. Forlan, Aguero, Luccin, Maxi, Maniche, Luis Garcia, Reyes & possibly Riqueleme. Wow, thats 1 heck of a line-up. With tha they should be challenging for 1st place.
Riquelme on Atletico ???, wow, he is my top fave player, he is a magician who can make unpredicted pass and shot. (but what a shame that Argentina lost to Brazil on last Final).
Old 2007-08-01, 09:24   Link #1131
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
hey i like Neville brothers, they're strong and loyal defender, and Reyes should be kill because he has dangerous drible.

you know, Gary Neville is on my sister top fave football player, i don't understand why she pick him, Gary is short and little fat, but she thinks he is cute ??????
....girl...
Well, each to his/her own. To me, as a Gooner, they´re just brutal destroyers of excellent football players/offensive football. But most of my annoyance towards them is based on the shirt they wore succesfully for so many years. Cause Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Steve Bould, Nigel Winterburn, Lee Dixon are all players I´ve admired for their selfsacrifing style.

Oh, my this made me feel really nostalgic. It´s nothing left of that one-nil Arsenal that captured my young pure heart even before I turned 10 years old. Thinking back is fun because there´s worlds apart to how Arsenal played preWenger and proWenger.

Quote:
I agree. I used to love Reyes (no homo). He was my favourite player, but he was too moany and after his rift with Henry he wasnt the same player. I wish him well at Atletico, I'm sure he'll do well in his own enviroment.

There was talk about Snejder going to Everton, but it seems it was just that. He's a talented player, and I think he'll get his move next year.

Of course, in a non gay way. But since we all love 11 men from time to time, for around 90 minutes each time, in a non gay way in here I thought I didn´t need to add that.

I read that Valencia was after Sneijder when they failed to buy Lucho from Porto but I don´t know the truth percentage of that rumour. I would like to see him in Arsenal though, I think he would fit pretty good in Arsenals way of football. Although Arsenal don´t play like the rest of the league as Reyes/Robben/C.Ronaldo and so many more has so tragically gotten to experience.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 13:18   Link #1132
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Sven Erikkson is a top manager. He make Man City into a really good team.

He has bought:

Rolando Bianchi
Gelson Fernandes
Geovanni
Martin Petrov

And is soon to sign:

Javi Gariddo
Valeri Bojinov
Vedran Corluka

With all these signings, I really think City will challenge for a UEFA Cup spot.
Old 2007-08-01, 22:22   Link #1133
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Bojinov? its confirm?

O_O

Well.. if loving those sweaty 11 guys every 90 minutes per week on average is consider g*y >.< There's a hell lot less marriages event around the world .. And Brazil/Argentina prolly dont have any children left

If there's a lot of guys playing Fantasy PL, I proposed setting up a league
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 23:49   Link #1134
gin-3
who am i?

Quote:
Sven Erikkson is a top manager. He make Man City into a really good team.

He has bought:

Rolando Bianchi
Gelson Fernandes
Geovanni
Martin Petrov

And is soon to sign:

Javi Gariddo
Valeri Bojinov
Vedran Corluka

With all these signings, I really think City will challenge for a UEFA Cup spot.
for me, i think Errikson will change most of city first team players, i don't understand what kind style of football he will bring, maybe Italian style, but i hope his not using style like he managed England year ago, its bad style!

but i'm sure with Errikson arrival on EPL, it will make EPL more fantastic. O yeah Roy Keane also join with his Sunderland, i wait the clash Sunderland v ManU!
Old 2007-08-02, 16:54   Link #1135
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
for me, i think Errikson will change most of city first team players, i don't understand what kind style of football he will bring, maybe Italian style, but i hope his not using style like he managed England year ago, its bad style!

but i'm sure with Errikson arrival on EPL, it will make EPL more fantastic. O yeah Roy Keane also join with his Sunderland, i wait the clash Sunderland v ManU!
With England he couldnt bring in players of his choice. Also Sven's also bought midfielder Elano who is a fab player.

I would think this would be City's starting XI:

Isakkson

Richards
Dunne
Corluka
Garrido

Elano
Dabo
Fernandes
Petrov

Bojinov
Bianchi
Old 2007-08-02, 16:57   Link #1136
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Arsenal 2 - 1 Lazio - Bendtner & Eduardo ; Pandev

Eduardo scores his first goal!!! The first of many hopefully :

It was a good game, Lazio played quite well. We fielded a second string team today, but still played good.
Old 2007-08-02, 22:38   Link #1137
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Bye bee Reyes.. I hope you have fun in Atletico.

AND,

Hellloooooooooooo Eduardo ... his work permit confirmed

Its gonna be a fun season post Henry era .. Honestly I'm a bit sad, we lost Viera.. then Bergkamp retired and Henry gone .. but, what past is past.. and if Robin could keep injury off him, he is 1 scary monster, remember he scores 11 times out of 17 games he played until the January injury that knocked him off the whole season

That being said.. there are certainly no buzz for the upcoming Sunday Charity/Community Shield between the 2 isn't it? I almost forget about it until I glance the newspaper top sport story column
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-08-03, 03:04   Link #1138
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Bye bee Reyes.. I hope you have fun in Atletico.

AND,

Hellloooooooooooo Eduardo ... his work permit confirmed

Its gonna be a fun season post Henry era .. Honestly I'm a bit sad, we lost Viera.. then Bergkamp retired and Henry gone .. but, what past is past.. and if Robin could keep injury off him, he is 1 scary monster, remember he scores 11 times out of 17 games he played until the January injury that knocked him off the whole season

That being said.. there are certainly no buzz for the upcoming Sunday Charity/Community Shield between the 2 isn't it? I almost forget about it until I glance the newspaper top sport story column
Remember the 2 last games United & Chelsea played each other. 2 complete bore fests. The crappy FA Cup final & the worthless Premiership match.

On the actual match, Im leaning towards Chelsea to take the win.
Old 2007-08-03, 03:30   Link #1139
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Dont remember watching them at all

I would say Chelsea a couple of years ago just because for being the lesser of 2 evils, but currently, I just dont really care

Ironically, I really dont mind cheering up for Pool even tho Pool is basically one of the team to beat for us Gunners as well .. Weird.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-08-03, 06:04   Link #1140
arcadeplayer987

CL third round:

FH Hafnarfjördur or FC BATE Borisov v Zaglebie Lubin or Steaua Bucharest
Tampere United or Levski Sofia v Astana or Rosenborg
Spartak Moscow v CELTIC
Werder Bremen v NK Domzale or Dinamo Zagreb