AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 38 50.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 29.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 14.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-13, 13:56   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVA - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei, OVA 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-03-13, 14:15   Link #2
USCPharmacist

Dude I was editing man.

Anyway, poor Rika chan, you need to take care of your save game better, otherwise.....muahhahah

"Perfect End" is "Perfect".

P.S. Helmet is your friend
Old 2009-03-14, 02:59   Link #3
Rias

Another great epsiode directed by Kawase (seriously they have to put this guy as the director for umineko instead of Kon Chiaki)

It's been a while since I've played Saikoroshi-hen, so my memory is abit fuzzy on the details. However, I think the epsiode has been pretty faithful to the epsiode: from Rika's accident to finding out more about the new world. Of course, some of the details of the new worlds (such as dealing with Satoshi/Satoko and their new dad) isn't explained fully, but it's also caused by the lack of detail at that part in last season's Kakera Musubi.

Of course, the main thing that bugged me is Rika having a L4-5 moment with Rena. I think the scary thing about Saikoroshi-hen isn't about them L4-5 moments, but rather the setting of the world and Rika's reaction to it. As such, I felt it was unnecessary to add in that moment...
Old 2009-03-14, 13:15   Link #4
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, the L4-5 portions were a very fine addition to cover up the lack of "descriptive narration", and it shows very well what Rika was expecting.
In fact, this kind of feature will be a good clue/hint about the whole mess related to "Furude Rika" existence.
Old 2009-03-14, 20:22   Link #5
EndlessDestiny

Send a message via AIM to EndlessDestiny Send a message via MSN to EndlessDestiny Send a message via Yahoo to EndlessDestiny
Isn't it not out yet? I thought it came out the 25th.
Old 2009-03-14, 20:24   Link #6
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

it is exactly the same situation than the first one: it got a early streaming broadcast. The actual release date is for the DVD, and shortly after, the blue ray.
Old 2009-03-15, 17:34   Link #7
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I'm surprised how accurate this has been so far. The only thing that caught me off guard was when Rika was near the construction area at the end as I was wondering how they'd end it. I was thinking first chapter would be episode two, chapters two/three would be episode three and then chapters four/five would be episode four. Guess not.

Well, we're nearly done the first chapter, with two more episodes to go. Let's hope the real meaty part of Saikoroshi-hen stays as true as possible to Ryukishi07's writing.
Tamura Yukari ftw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Of course, the main thing that bugged me is Rika having a L4-5 moment with Rena. I think the scary thing about Saikoroshi-hen isn't about them L4-5 moments, but rather the setting of the world and Rika's reaction to it. As such, I felt it was unnecessary to add in that moment...
I didn't like this either. When I saw it in the preview for the first episode, I was worried about what they were going to do with Saikoroshi-hen. I mean, at this point, Rika knows that Rena is actually still Reina. Why add the L4-5 moment? Is hearing Rika talking to herself about what's going on not enough of a clue to the viewer or am I spoilt for having actually read Saikoroshi-hen?

My only other real "complaint" is how I don't find Yamamoto's laugh as hearty enough as I imagined it to be, humu~
I still don't like the way they did the eyes.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-03-15, 18:29   Link #8
holyalexander
holy alexander

its always excellent and it will keep getting better..
Old 2009-03-15, 20:20   Link #9
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, the L4-5 portions were a very fine addition to cover up the lack of "descriptive narration", and it shows very well what Rika was expecting.
In fact, this kind of feature will be a good clue/hint about the whole mess related to "Furude Rika" existence.
I see where you are getting at, but looking at the setting of the world:

In a world that's rid of the Hinamizawa Syndrome, our Rika-chama gets a L4-5 moment. Moreover, Rika-chama gets a L4-5 moment even tho the only time she has experienced that is getting C-120 injected in her in the worlds she fights Shion, so it's hard to argue that the scene is a flashback for her.
Old 2009-03-15, 23:56   Link #10
Joly
モエカステル

Cute seeing a happy Rika riding her bike and being a kid. But while seeing her act that way and try to shove Satoko on the road... ahaha, I kind of wanted to scream. That is so dangerous. XD;
Old 2009-03-16, 02:51   Link #11
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
In a world that's rid of the Hinamizawa Syndrome, our Rika-chama gets a L4-5 moment. Moreover, Rika-chama gets a L4-5 moment even tho the only time she has experienced that is getting C-120 injected in her in the worlds she fights Shion, so it's hard to argue that the scene is a flashback for her.
Actually, I didn't consider these as L4-5 moments for "Furude Rika". Rather, these scenes were actually lingering memories which included the general L4-5 we know from certain character.
The thing is these portions are from "Frederica" which were rather shown as an expectation or temporary memory overwriting, but "Furude Rika" point of view soon kicks in (as well as reality) and we simply get the real scene afterwards. I don't think it is actually an hallucination a la L4-5, but rather a sense of "deja vu" which is actually not real.
Old 2009-03-16, 04:55   Link #12
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
Cute seeing a happy Rika riding her bike and being a kid. But while seeing her act that way and try to shove Satoko on the road... ahaha, I kind of wanted to scream. That is so dangerous. XD;
lmao, that is like the morale of the story in rei xD
Old 2009-03-16, 13:04   Link #13
EndlessDestiny

Send a message via AIM to EndlessDestiny Send a message via MSN to EndlessDestiny Send a message via Yahoo to EndlessDestiny
I can't wait till the dvd's released and subbed. I also wish there was a scanlation for the manga.
Old 2009-03-17, 02:23   Link #14
USCPharmacist

So, after loli-punted by the truck to this "perfect world", what will Rika do? Live, and see her village get flooded and move on to her new life without her friends, or died, and perhaps risk going back to that endless cycle of death so she may have a chance to be with her friend again? Decision, decision....

龍騎士07 is indeed a jerk lol, but Rika reaped what she sow.
Old 2009-03-18, 11:22   Link #15
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist View Post
So, after loli-punted by the truck to this "perfect world", what will Rika do? Live, and see her village get flooded and move on to her new life without her friends, or died, and perhaps risk going back to that endless cycle of death so she may have a chance to be with her friend again? Decision, decision....

龍騎士07 is indeed a jerk lol, but Rika reaped what she sow.
Nice truck.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-03-18, 14:55   Link #16
Solafighter
Hige

Already out?

Faster, than i expected.
Old 2009-03-18, 15:21   Link #17
Meri-chan
アイドルになりたい

When Yamamoto shows up, the comments on niconico all say "Gorie, Gorie, etc."
...What do they mean? Is this "go-rie" in contrast to "i-rie"? I don't get it.
Old 2009-03-18, 15:34   Link #18
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Probably combining Irie with "Gori" from Gorilla?
Old 2009-03-18, 21:08   Link #19
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

... So it's gonna be a while till we get the OVA eps subbed, hm? Darn. So just to clarify they're aired on some closed channel and then DVD released per episode? What's the time gap between the two?

Also, just wondering; will the OVA end on a positive note or not? The second season left me feeling so damn fulfilled... I'm wondering whether I need to have that last episode open and ready to watch at the OVA's end, in case I need an uplift xD
Old 2009-03-18, 21:44   Link #20
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The last episode is suppose to be of a third arc based on Daybreak...so an over the top comedy arc I assume.