AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2016-04-23, 08:23   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Macross Delta - Character Discussion - Mirage Farina Jenius

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Mirage Fallyna Jenius related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Macross fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 10:01   Link #2
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I want to nom-nom her ears •drool•

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 10:09   Link #3
Tenzen12

I think we should organise either line or death battle royale for such opportunity.
Old 2016-04-23, 10:26   Link #4
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I think we should organise either line or death battle royale for such opportunity.
Oh, I am not sure you want to do that

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-04-23, 10:45   Link #5
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

This thread should really have a gif of Mirage's ear twitch as an introductory image.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 10:49   Link #6
Gravitas Free Zone

That would just be catering to Tak's fetishes.

Kinda sorta actually serious on topic: I'm in the camp that thinks that Mirage is super-serious because she's having that second-generation reflex to go back to her grandmother's old ways because her mother Miranda followed in the tradition of most of the rest of the M&M daughters and turned into a hippie or something.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 22:19   Link #7
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
That would just be catering to Tak's fetishes.

Kinda sorta actually serious on topic: I'm in the camp that thinks that Mirage is super-serious because she's having that second-generation reflex to go back to her grandmother's old ways because her mother Miranda followed in the tradition of most of the rest of the M&M daughters and turned into a hippie or something.
I wouldn't be surprised if she also takes after her aunt Komillia, Max and Millia's eldest daughter, as she is a UN Spacy pilot with a strong sense of duty.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 23:11   Link #8
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if she also takes after her aunt Komillia, Max and Millia's eldest daughter, as she is a UN Spacy pilot with a strong sense of duty.
Except she also calls Vrlitwhai uncle and makes the latter blush.

- Tak

Old 2016-04-24, 06:48   Link #9
azarhal

Mirage might just have a bit more Zen/Meltrandi's warrior genes expressing themselves.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 06:50   Link #10
Tenzen12

Do we know what race was her father?
Old 2016-04-24, 07:06   Link #11
Arya

As of now Mirage seems to suffer of relational issues. If it's true that the name she carries is really that heavy, it could depend on that in some way or form. For now it may be that her parents raised her as a soldier since her childhood, as a result her lack of social skills and the need to rely strongly on the only thing she knows, rules. Military rules or house rules. Mixed to her inability to meet the expectations her name carries that brought up her rage.
That if they won't go for a more dramatic route, but at this point it's unlikely.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 07:41   Link #12
azarhal

Quote:
Do we know what race was her father?
Her dad is 100% a mystery. I haven't seen him mentioned anywhere and she's using her mother's surnames. She could be a clone of Miranda though.

As for Mirage having issues with the weight of her family name, in 3 episodes we haven't seen anything that suggest she gives a damn about it. Nor was it mentioned by anyone that she might have an issue with it.

What she clearly cares about is that the people who participate in combat are well aware of the risk and competent enough to not get killed and jeopardize the entire operation. She has brought it up in all 3 episodes so far.
Old 2016-04-24, 07:56   Link #13
Tenzen12

Yeah I got roughly same impression. She is bit inflexible, but it doesn't seem it has any big reasons behind it. She has soldier mentality but her reactions were legit so far.
Old 2016-04-24, 08:40   Link #14
Arya

What caused them sure were legit, but I found her reactions exaggerate, like a symptom of something, be the weight of her family name or the loss of someone, possibly untrained as Hayate, in the battlefield. The latter could explain why she is so harsh specifically toward Hayate and also why she left NUNS corps, due to the accident.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2016-04-24, 09:17   Link #15
Tenzen12

What kind of reaction is appropriate when facing to person who just irresponsibly endangered human lives? I definitely saw people getting punched for less.

I sort of understand where are you coming from thought. I wouldn't hit him (though I approve anyone who would) and I guess most of people wouldn't. But Mirage is different, having strong sense of responsibility, she is hard both on herself and others.
Old 2016-04-24, 13:17   Link #16
azarhal

Mirage is even serious on off hours parties...

I'm also wondering if Querule is her pet or not. She haven't interacted with it once and doesn't mind letting everyone else take care of it. Seems like the only thing she doesn't want people to touch is her Valkyrie.
Old 2016-04-24, 13:22   Link #17
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Mirage is even serious on off hours parties...
7:00pm Appetizer
7:10pm Soup
7:12pm Switching utensils
7:13pm Entree
7:33pm A sip of drink
7:34pm Switching utensils
7:35pm Desert

- Tak

Old 2016-04-24, 13:53   Link #18
Gravitas Free Zone

The subs translated Mirage's long list of dorm responsibilities as Querule being a shared responsibility, so I guess the little guy gets around.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-26, 04:44   Link #19
Arya

Quote:
What kind of reaction is appropriate when facing to person who just irresponsibly endangered human lives? I definitely saw people getting punched for less.

I sort of understand where are you coming from thought. I wouldn't hit him (though I approve anyone who would) and I guess most of people wouldn't. But Mirage is different, having strong sense of responsibility, she is hard both on herself and others.
I'm not referring to the punch, that alone was not such a big deal to me, I'm totally fine with it. It was more the general reaction she had that felt over the top. Especially in consideration how nobody cared about it and were totally fine with his attitude. ( Bar Messer, who is not a good reference so it works to reinforce the point ).

But yeah, after episode 4 she already toned down her attitude and the show seems to switch toward a new direction.
Well, they will address it sooner or later in some way.

Old 2016-04-26, 04:46   Link #20
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
7:00pm Appetizer
7:10pm Soup
7:12pm Switching utensils
7:13pm Entree
7:33pm A sip of drink
7:34pm Switching utensils
7:35pm Desert

- Tak
7:36 Grouse about that irresponsible Hayato.
7:40 Continue grousing. Sullenly nurse drink.
7:45 Damn that attractive irresponsible person!

Last edited by magnuskn; 2016-04-26 at 15:36.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters