AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-06, 18:01   Link #24781
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Whereas Misaki possesses the same profile of most people who fought with Touma in the NT. maybe her takes a Falcon Punch in the end.

ps: considering that maybe Misaki has controlled the Tsuchimikado, maybe there really is not a magician, but Misaki wanting to use Touma to something. Of course I'm just guessing.
Old 2013-04-06, 18:05   Link #24782
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
Whereas Misaki possesses the same profile of most people who fought with Touma in the NT. maybe her takes a Falcon Punch in the end.

ps: considering that maybe Misaki has controlled the Tsuchimikado, maybe there really is not a magician, but Misaki wanting to use Touma to something. Of course I'm just guessing.
Hmm.. Misaki as antagonist against the index trio would be bad. Misaka and Touma are the only ones who are immune to her attacks so if she did something like, oh I don't know, controlled accelerator and forced him to attack Misaka (and likely kill her) and then controlled any one of Touma's friends and got them to sneak attack him.
Well if he wasn't the protagonist the show might end right there.
Old 2013-04-06, 18:07   Link #24783
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

We don't even know how her power works, who's to say what would work and what wouldn't?
Old 2013-04-06, 18:43   Link #24784
Sumeragi
Banned

My guess: Misaki's power wouldn't work on Accelerator due to vector reflection.
Old 2013-04-06, 18:45   Link #24785
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Yeah whatever Misaka can block, I'm sure Accelerator can as well.

Besides, from what we have seen- if Misaki doesn't get the drop on people she'll be in trouble.
Old 2013-04-06, 18:54   Link #24786
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah whatever Misaka can block, I'm sure Accelerator can as well.

Besides, from what we have seen- if Misaki doesn't get the drop on people she'll be in trouble.
More than sure Accelerator can only block her mind powers if his chocker is activated, if she gets him unprepared and his chocker isn't active, he's done for.

I'm more interested if Misaki can control Worst, is it because Misaka's ability is Lv.5 that she can resist mind control or do all espers with high electrical ability have some sort of resistance?
Old 2013-04-06, 19:53   Link #24787
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
More than sure Accelerator can only block her mind powers if his chocker is activated, if she gets him unprepared and his chocker isn't active, he's done for.
Although she might not be able to control a powered Accelerator, just alter his memories... if she makes him turn on the choker her influence would most likely stop.

Off-topic: I never thought I would see Sumeragi banned, what did she do?
Old 2013-04-06, 20:24   Link #24788
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post

I'm more interested if Misaki can control Worst, is it because Misaka's ability is Lv.5 that she can resist mind control or do all espers with high electrical ability have some sort of resistance?
Misaka has an abnormally large AIM field I thought that blocks off Misaki's attempts to mind control here.

Accelerator being controlled isn't a huge threat since she would have to control the Misaka Network to cooperate so that he can actually use his abilities.
Old 2013-04-06, 20:40   Link #24789
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Nope. What vectors are there? Misaka only reflects because she has a constant electromagnetic field (which only a level five electromaster can produce) surrounding her which Accelerator doesn't have. There is no reason he would be able to block.
Old 2013-04-06, 20:41   Link #24790
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Misaka has an abnormally large AIM field I thought that blocks off Misaki's attempts to mind control here.
When was this stated? Do you mean abnormal when compared to the other level 5s or in general?
Old 2013-04-06, 20:41   Link #24791
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
Nope. What vectors are there? Misaka only reflects because she has a constant electromagnetic field surrounding her which Accelerator doesn't have. There is no reason he would be able to block.
Vectors equals anything that has direction and movement in this story.
Old 2013-04-06, 21:11   Link #24792
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Misaki controlling Tsuchimikado would mean she knows about magic, since it's stated he tells Touma another magician is on the loose... but I guess you all know that by now, right? I guess we're still going with the theme of Touma being manipulated into doing stuff, only now he learned to just roll with it. I'm expecting something like this to happen:

"Sorry, I was just using you all along, tee-hee (imagine there's a star here)"
"So be it. Now let me save you2
"...kyun"

What I definetly do NOT want to happen is for Touma to not even realize he's been manipulated, that would be stupid after all the crap he's gone through lately.
Old 2013-04-06, 21:26   Link #24793
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
When was this stated? Do you mean abnormal when compared to the other level 5s or in general?
Sorry, she just has a large enough Electromagnetic Field that blocks created by her AIM.

I would assume Misaka Worst would be able to do the same then.

I think it also shows that Misaki's ability can be blocked by Vector Control since it appears it has to pass through some medium in order to get to the target. In order to travel you must have a vector. Even teleporters have a vector just in a different dimensions.
Old 2013-04-06, 21:35   Link #24794
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Vectors equals anything that has direction and movement in this story.
Quote:
Sorry, she just has a large enough Electromagnetic Field that blocks created by her AIM.

I would assume Misaka Worst would be able to do the same then.

I think it also shows that Misaki's ability can be blocked by Vector Control since it appears it has to pass through some medium in order to get to the target. In order to travel you must have a vector. Even teleporters have a vector just in a different dimensions.
Vector=force=something with mass. Teleportation, or rather Awaki's teleportation, still has an object moving (hence the name MOVE point) so of course it has vectors but mind control has no known vectors.
There is this thing about telepathy that does seem to need a link between two people but, while that can be disrupted by Touma, it is unknown if it can be disrupted by Accel or whether anything other than telepathy needs it.
Old 2013-04-06, 21:40   Link #24795
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Technically, Mind control has no known anything.

However, we know that telepathy works by having some kind of 'phone line' connection with the subject, so to me Kamachi doesn't seem to want to use quantum entanglement (Sue me if I'm not using this correctly) for any of his esper abilities... Everything has a 'physical' connection.
Old 2013-04-06, 21:52   Link #24796
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

Accelerator being controlled isn't a huge threat since she would have to control the Misaka Network to cooperate so that he can actually use his abilities.
As an electromaster, Misaka emits a strong magnetic field that blocks Misaki's mind control. An AIM field is the result of an esper's subconscious use of their ability and differs from esper to esper. A pyrokinesist will heat up their surroundings while an electromaster like Misaka will emit an electromagnetic field. It is strictly because of this electromagnetic field that she is able to block Misaki. Although it may be due to her AIM field it is not because hers is abnormally large, which has never been stated.

Quote:
Nope. What vectors are there? Misaka only reflects because she has a constant electromagnetic field (which only a level five electromaster can produce) surrounding her which Accelerator doesn't have. There is no reason he would be able to block.
Misaka doesn't reflect she just blocks/disrupts it. When was it stated only a Level 5 electromaster could produce an electromagnetic field? What about Level 4's and other espers with a related ability? They don't necessarily have to be electromasters to produce an electromagnetic field. Accelerator's vector ability can block even teleportation vectors from the 11th dimension and he also adapted it to Kakine Teitoku's Dark Matter and even magic. It would be simple for him to configure it to block mind control which is specifically a scientific ability with its basis on the laws of physics, which he may already have when he underwent training of his ability at the Kihara institute.
Old 2013-04-06, 22:00   Link #24797
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
As an electromaster, Misaka emits a strong magnetic field that blocks Misaki's mind control. An AIM field is the result of an esper's subconscious use of their ability and differs from esper to esper. A pyrokinesist will heat up their surroundings while an electromaster like Misaka will emit an electromagnetic field. It is strictly because of this electromagnetic field that she is able to block Misaki. Although it may be due to her AIM field it is not because hers is abnormally large, which has never been stated.

Misaka doesn't reflect she just blocks/disrupts it. When was it stated only a Level 5 electromaster could produce an electromagnetic field? What about Level 4's and other espers with a related ability? They don't necessarily have to be electromasters to produce an electromagnetic field. Accelerator's vector ability can block even teleportation vectors from the 11th dimension and he also adapted it to Kakine Teitoku's Dark Matter and even magic. It would be simple for him to configure it to block mind control which is specifically a scientific ability with its basis on the laws of physics, which he may already have when he underwent training of his ability at the Kihara institute.
You can't reflect something that has no mass though because it has no vectors. The only thing which you might be able to argue is that he can manipulate the flow of chemicals in his brain so they don't produce any thoughts he doesn't want to have but that's just ridiculous.
Old 2013-04-06, 22:02   Link #24798
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You can't reflect something that has no mass though because it has no vectors. The only thing which you might be able to argue is that he can manipulate the flow of chemicals in his brain so they don't produce any thoughts he doesn't want to have but that's just ridiculous.
I thought everything has mass? If not, Accelerator can manipulate energy already.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-04-06 at 22:17.
Old 2013-04-06, 22:08   Link #24799
OverNOut
The Obsever

Does magic/mana and Telesma have mass since Accelerator can reflect both of those.
Old 2013-04-06, 22:19   Link #24800
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've said before already, to Accelerator anything that can move would have a 'vector'.

Just like how Dark Matter isn't the same dark matter, 'Vector' in this case isn't strictly just the scientific definition.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen