AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 43 28.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 25.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 19.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 14.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 7.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.65%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.96%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-20, 23:26   Link #61
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are a lot of things we will probably notice that we didn't before...that might be part of the fun of this arc. Also people noticed her having and then not having the contact in during those scenes in the movie...we just didn't know she'd had them in earlier, then not, then later, I guess. Or Haruhi is being Haruhi...and maybe about to almost get Kyon killed.

(M-M-MIKURU BEAMMM!)
Old 2009-08-20, 23:32   Link #62
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
No. Endless 8 killed the extravagant enthusiasm for the season when it started airing. After the gimmick of "will E8 end this week?" ceased being relevant, people started tuning out.
I agree. It's getting noticeable. Last I checked (which was only a few hours ago), the Episode 10 thread had fewer views than all other Haruhi 2009 threads, and had fewer posts than all but two of them. And, Episode 10 was way behind most of the other Haruhi 2009 episode threads in both views and posts.

To me, the most logical answer is that EE has driven some fans away. Mostly, it's driven EE critics away - a lot of the people that were critiquing EE on the older episode threads are gone now. About the only critics left, really, are you, Takamura, Akka, and myself (apologies if I'm missing anybody). Well, Kaisos was very critical of EE at times, in full credit to him, but he's been less so since it ended.

I have two caveats.

My first caveat is that EE didn't really start to hurt until episode 4 or 5. In fact, IIRC, episode 5 was the peak point for Haruhi interest so far this year. Right now, it looks like that's when a lot of people dropped off, and many haven't bothered to come back.

My second caveat is that the art style change has exacerbated the issue. I think that more people would have come back if not for the art style change.

Anyway, I'll be watching the sub at some point tomorrow, and writing up a blog review for the episode.
Old 2009-08-20, 23:39   Link #63
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I agree. It's getting noticeable. Last I checked (which was only a few hours ago), the Episode 10 thread had fewer views than all other Haruhi 2009 threads, and had fewer posts than all but two of them. And, Episode 10 was way behind most of the other 2009 episodes in both views and posts.

To me, the most logical answer is that EE has driven some fans away. Mostly, it's driven EE critics away - a lot of the people that were critiquing EE on the older episode threads are gone now. About the only critics left, really, are you, Takamura, Akka, and myself (apologies if I'm missing anybody). Well, Kaisos was very critical of EE at times, in full credit to him, but he's been less so since it ended.

My only caveat would be that EE didn't really start to hurt until episode 4 or 5. In fact, IIRC, episode 5 was the peak point for Haruhi interest so far this year. Right now, it looks like that's when a lot of people dropped off, and many haven't bothered to come back.

Anyway, I'll be watching the sub at some point tomorrow, and writing up a blog review for the episode.
Really?

I just think that E8 was an easy target for trolls. Now that its over, they all just went back under their respective bridges.

Anyway, this was just another set-up episode. The crazy stuff should start happening next episode.
Old 2009-08-20, 23:41   Link #64
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe it was all the talk of Sighs being a boring arc drove them away before it started since it wasn't Endless Eight, and thus not controversial (or troll worthy, however you want to look at it).

I think they are missing out...so far I've been amused by this arc.
Old 2009-08-20, 23:44   Link #65
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Maybe it was all the talk of Sighs being a boring arc drove them away before it started since it wasn't Endless Eight, and thus not controversial (or troll worthy, however you want to look at it).

I think they are missing out...so far I've been amused by this arc.
Episode 10 was Ok - a decent watch. I gave it 8/10. This episode looks to have better artwork, so it's probably going to be a 9/10 for me.

So, yeah, I'd agree with you that they're missing out with this arc.
Old 2009-08-20, 23:44   Link #66
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Yeah, this episode kept me entertained more than Sigh I did. Not sure why, but I guess it had more humorous moments. I couldn't help but laugh again watching Haruhi walk to the train station with her tune...I forgot what it's called, someone said it. It was more the way she sounded doing it that was funny.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-08-20, 23:51   Link #67
haruhi.ism
haruhi and yuki <3

Send a message via AIM to haruhi.ism
Quote:
It was more the way she sounded doing it that was funny.
that was really cute!
i can't wait to see the episode again, so i can hear it again and again, haha.
Old 2009-08-20, 23:59   Link #68
baltakatei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
Downloading some subs . I cant believe how quiet everyone is about the new episodes. Everyone complains NON STOP when Endless eight was on but now we actually HAVE something, no one talks about it. No wonder Kadokawa pulled that troll, it made the fanbase active :P.
For me, school is starting again in a few weeks. Preparations are in swing. As a result, the real world is taking up my time as it rightfully should now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Haven't seen the sub yet, but did Haruhi allow Mikuru to remove the contact for the shooting scene? She's back to normal eyes again. Or are Haruhi's powers already starting to work?
I believe Haruhi will shove them into Mikuru's eyes after dragging her into the woods at the last moment just before Kyon shoots her using the Mikuru Beam.
Old 2009-08-21, 00:05   Link #69
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Boy, episode 00 look silly and funny when you watch it.

It's only after watching this that you begin to realize how cruel it was to Mikuru.
Old 2009-08-21, 00:06   Link #70
mpt37

Spoiler for ep 11:
Old 2009-08-21, 00:09   Link #71
Jintor

Hah, Taniguchi. So observant
Old 2009-08-21, 00:11   Link #72
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well it is pretty much that people talk more when they want to complain than when they want to praise something. So E8 toppled with the fact that Sighs isn't the most attractive of the Haruhi novels... turns into this. (Some posters may be exhausted of posting about this series by now as well after th endless rage in E8)

If it is an OK episode without anything to really complain about nor praise at the same time, you'll get less activity. I've fa;;en into this category and I have less of a desire to check these threads now.
Old 2009-08-21, 00:11   Link #73
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt37 View Post
Spoiler for ep 11:
Yeah, I loved that scene as well. The following one where she prevents Kyon from getting an indirect kiss from Mikuru was also golden.
Old 2009-08-21, 00:38   Link #74
Jintor

Jebus Chist, I get the feeling that Haruhi literally just pushed those contacts into Mikuru's eyes! Urrrrgh...

I normally don't empathise much with Mikuru (moe-blob that she is) but jeeze, constant eye-stinging, arrrgh...

This week's art-style is fantastic!
Old 2009-08-21, 00:43   Link #75
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Even if they don't post there are still a lot of people following the series (like truly yours) so there's nothing to worry. All the universe for Haruhi and stuff

Personally I liked the episode. The series is at its best when it is about the character interaction and exposition of their personalities. Sigh's is as good as I remember it. Yes, I enjoyed Sigh's. Take that, you bunch of negative people.
Old 2009-08-21, 00:48   Link #76
Jintor

Saw somewhere a comment that "Endless Eight was less boring than this" and I thought, hey, wait a moment, the thing about Haruhi is that even when nothing overly supernatural or weirdshit is going on it's still interesting.
Old 2009-08-21, 00:55   Link #77
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Its pretty true for me. I know EE has ended but somehow i can't seem to find the interest to pick it up again. The priority for haruhi has been dropped pretty low for me. Below needless, saki and knights in the knightmare(game) among other things.
Old 2009-08-21, 01:17   Link #78
sacundim

This episode was hilarious from beginning to start.

Spoiler for Funniest part, IMO:
Old 2009-08-21, 01:41   Link #79
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

I think all of Mikuru's blinking this episode was enough to make up for the stare!eyes every character has had lately. Also the background characters moved. Which is good.

And not many horribly deformed hands! Still a lot of funny faces, but instead of Kyon making them, this episode it was Mikuru. I don't normally like Mikuru too much, but her headdesk was pretty awesome. But ohgodhereyes

I think the animation for this episode was closer to Clannad After Story than K-ON. Still a few instances of the dreaded baleen teeth, but everyone had properly formed limbs. Also there was a plot. That definitely helps to differentiate from K-ON.

The part at the end when Haruhi stopped the indirect kiss thing between Kyon and Mikuru... Man, this show has changed what I consider to be a cute, OTP-filled moment. If I didn't obsess over this series I'd probably watch things and think stuff along the lines of "aww, look, they kissed. How cute." But in Haruhi, it's more like "aww, look, she was kind of a bitch and stopped him from drinking from her slightly abused cosplay doll's drink to avoid an indirect kiss, because apparently everyone is in the seventh grade. OTP HEARTHEARTHEART."

Still waiting for the MIKURU BEEEEAM
Old 2009-08-21, 01:57   Link #80
kniteowl

Watching this episode, I remember when I started hating Haruhi (the character) when I was reading Sighs, when she stole Kyon's Drink that Mikuru offered him, my 1st though t was "what a Bitch!".

This episode was alright, overall better then last weeks but not enough Yuki for me :P lol... well she did block all those bullets, I don't expect anything less.
Closed Thread