Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-12, 15:58   Link #101
naantje
Annoyance :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enodu_2
Lack of social skills? Very true.

Give me a break. I was rushing this in because of fucking Last of the Uchiha. If I actually sat down, took a breather, and wrote my reply, well, you wouldn't find this many mistakes.
correcting mistakes on the internet is for fucking nerds please. like ppl actually try and ues corect gramar and spellin' ?
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 16:00   Link #102
Enodu_2

Sasuke is by far the main character

Last edited by Enodu_2; 2004-09-12 at 16:35.
Enodu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 16:19   Link #103
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
::Looks around:: Did I just step foot into an English class?

Most likely all posts not related to the episode will be deleted by a moderator. I think I remember a certain flame war in a certain episode discussion thread that got two people banned.

Now back to the topic, I do believe Sasuke plays a role in this series, because it's his and Naruto's rivalry that create the story. If Kishimoto didn't think he was a main character he wouldn't have said that he was his favorite character in the manga.
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 16:23   Link #104
Enodu_2

ya that's totally right

Last edited by Enodu_2; 2004-09-12 at 16:34.
Old 2004-09-12, 16:36   Link #105
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enodu_2
I understand that. Sasuke does play a large role in the story, but the topic is that he is the main character; which is not true. Sasuke is a very important character, but Naruto is the main character of the tale, and not Sasuke. Kishimito may be in favour of Sasuke, but that doesn't mean he is the main character...

BLAH, I quit this, I'm going deeper and deeper towards a nice ban. Last of the Uchiha wins, I give in.
There is no need to give in; Sasuke is not the main character, Naruto Is.

Enodu: Hmm yeah, I think it’s for the best.

Edit: LOL! Enodo you are one lucky mofo.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by Shay; 2004-09-12 at 17:57.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 16:38   Link #106
Enodu_2

Shay, I know, but dropping this is the best idea. Sigh, onto my homework

Shay: hahah, agreed

Shay: Indeed I am, but I'm sure I mentioned it was for the best ^^

Last edited by Enodu_2; 2004-09-12 at 19:21.
Old 2004-09-12, 17:54   Link #107
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDove
You just don't quit, do you? Why do I have to read your "proove"'s for the third time now, while you reiterate the stupid shit you've just written in both posts above that one? What is the point in your posting?

Please don't answer, I don't think I'll be able to stand one of your newly invented words again.

Since you took the liberty to soundbite the crap you already wrote before, I'll do the same:
Hey that's quite clever of you BlackDove. Oh wait, that's not the word I was thinking of. What I really meant to say to you was that it was quite stupid of you.

Yeah that's right. Stupid for continuing a flame war when you clearly know that we don't condone it. Endou_2, since you decided to drop it and not be an idiot anymore, you won't be banned. Everyone else who made any stupid comment without taking it back like you did will be banned. Oh how I will miss this.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 18:01   Link #108
UserName

I'll just say just because someone is the main character doesn't mean the story can't focus on someone else more so. Say the other character can have more air time and/or have almost every part of the story being influenced or related in some way to the other character.

And I think this is the case with Naruto.

NOTE: Sasuke is my least favorite character and I'm not too fond of Naurto's attitude also.

Last edited by UserName; 2004-09-12 at 18:56.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 18:32   Link #109
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

The series doesn't focus more on Sasuke than it does Naruto. Naruto has had several arcs already where Sasuke barely shows up. He's still a character integral to the rest of the series, like Kishimoto said. And your favorite character doesn't have to be a main character. Look at how some people diefy Ayame the Ramen Girl.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 18:47   Link #110
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
I think it's pretty irrelevant if Sasuke is a main character or not. Neither does it change his importance nor his fighting skills. Sasuke is very important for Naruto (the character, and consequently the show) since he is his first friend (I am excluding Sakure because she is his first love and Iruka because he is more of a father for Naruto). Moreover from that he is his rival who competes with Naruto about being the stronger one, consequently being benefical for Naruto.

I don't care if you define Sasuke's role as main character, secondary character, secondary main character or what not but you cannot deny the fact that he is vital for the story.

PS: The statement that I'm biased does not work here since I'm no Sasuke fan - at all. So if you want to discuss this, do it without flames but with facts and everything else that's normal for a friendly discussion or else I'll cry
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 18:57   Link #111
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Indeed Naruto appears more often than Sasuke (I mean of course), indeed in the end he's the one who wins, who beats the bad guys, etc.
But look at the story as a whole :

-During the first arc, Naruto shines two times (3 with the first chapter) : his trick to free Kakashi -which was along with Sasuke btw- and when he became Kyubized, ie 3 chapters.
The rest of the arc is mainly about Kakashi/Zabuza, Sasuke shares about the same time as Naruto (actually maybe a little more).

-The first part of the 2nd arc is fully about Sasuke, all the strong guys want to fight him, Oro the main bad guy appears for Sasuke, Kabuto tries to kidnap him, etc.
There is more about Lee in this part than about Naruto.
Then training month, here it's all about Naruto and it will remains like that until the end of the fight with Neji.
Sasuke appears, the war starts, this part is mostly about the 3rd and Oro then a little about Sasuke and at last Naruto closes the arc beating Gaara.

-The beginning of the 3rd arc where Naruto should have shined the most with the apparition of the new bad guys just for him, shows at the opposite the arrival of Itachi which represents a huge contribution to Sasuke's background.
During all this part, Naruto is almost a side character, it's all about Itachi & Sasuke.
Then training once again and thus about Naruto alone.
That lasts until the appartion of Tsunade, after that Naruto becomes once again almost a side character, it's all about the Sannin.

I don't speak of the last arc given that it would be a spoiler.

So that's it, indeed Naruto is the hero, indeed despite all that he has the most air time : the title of this series isn't Naruto for nothing.
But it's not for nothing either that Sasuke is considered as one of the main characters along with the hero, and not just an important side character.

Naruto is the main character, but Sasuke and the Sharingan are the backbone of the story, the Main bad guy Darth Oro wants them, the 2nd main bad guy is Uchiha Itachi, the twisted brother of Sasuke, Sasuke who worked with the hero under the command of Kakashi, member honoris causa of the Uchiha, etc.

Now it's perfectly possible that Kishimoto decides to open the spotlight on Naruto's past etc. but it will happens along with all the Uchiha thingy except if Kishimoto whipe off Kakashi and his past, Oro and his wish, Sasuke and his vengeance, without forgetting the little Itachi part of the Akatsuki, the group after the Kyubi.

Differently speaking more than very unlikely.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 19:38   Link #112
Enodu_2

My issue was that Sasuke is not the protagonist of the tale. The issue was resolved, more of dropped, so I'm back to happy mode.
Old 2004-09-14, 12:51   Link #113
Yoska
フランキー

Sasuke is more interesting than Naruto anyway.
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 13:29   Link #114
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoska
Sasuke is more interesting than Naruto anyway.
I agree... I still don't like him all that much though.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 13:37   Link #115
gruvy_qc
(: Ecchi guy :)

It's truee that Sasuke's story is more interesting than Naruto's one. In fact, it's more the story of Sasuke's family that is interesting. Sasuke only want to kill and Naruto only wnat to be aknowledged. Sasuke's family is much more mysterious....
gruvy_qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 15:22   Link #116
Unit01

This episode was nice, great compared to the last episode. Finally some filler information people actually like

Well i liked this ep, slightly touching. The ending was nice as well
Unit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 17:22   Link #117
Spooky-Electric

Am I missing something here? That episode wasn't filler. Some parts of it were, but the whole thing with Gai and Lee is from the manga. It just takes place at a later time than in the anime.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 19:31   Link #118
kwanseemun

Send a message via AIM to kwanseemun
Its true that the Gai/Lee thing was from the manga, but they stretched it out alot, making it filler
kwanseemun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 23:07   Link #119
HinatasFanBoy

damn fillers shud stop soon, i mean one is fine every now and then but they're just milkin it, cud have shown that in fewer eps, jeez even the lee flashbacks repeated at least twice
HinatasFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 00:15   Link #120
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinatasFanBoy
damn fillers shud stop soon, i mean one is fine every now and then but they're just milkin it, cud have shown that in fewer eps, jeez even the lee flashbacks repeated at least twice
You may soon need to stop calling it filler as it may be considered the 'anime storyline' which may be different from the 'manga storyline'...

I hope...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote