AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-02, 06:00   Link #201
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Happy birthday, Mugi!
Yeah, Happy Birthday Ojou-sama!

I bet she can't wait to be past 20 in order to do the stuff she always wanted..

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-07, 20:27   Link #202
Qikz

Mugi, is officially almost taking over Azusa as my favourite K-On character, she's just so cute. Azusa's still number one for me though!
Old 2010-07-21, 17:00   Link #203
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Is Mugi European? With her eyebrows Tsumugi looks some kind of European. not nearly as ridiculous as England's in Hetalia. lol She shows alot of interest in English and Azusa also complemented her because of her big lovely eyes and fair skin. She seems to eat Western Food because of her lack of experience with the Asian Cuisine and she seems to be the only character in the whole school to have Blonde hair and Blue eyes... I have come up with a conclusion that she is indeed ethnicity wise European. What do you guys think?

Edit

She seems taller then the others
Old 2010-07-21, 17:12   Link #204
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Is Mugi European? With her eyebrows Tsumugi looks some kind of European. not nearly as ridiculous as England's in Hetalia. lol She shows alot of interest in English and Azusa also complemented her because of her big lovely eyes and fair skin. She seems to eat Western Food because of her lack of experience with the Asian Cuisine and she seems to be the only character in the whole school to have Blonde hair and Blue eyes... I have come up with a conclusion that she is indeed ethnicity wise European. What do you guys think?

Edit

Repeat from the Q&A thread:
My *theory* (for which I've not found a shred of evidence) is that Mugi is half-Japanese, the offspring of a Japanese corporate shogun and his foreign wife. All the other characters have relatively realistic hair colors and designs -- only Mugi stands out with her blonde hair and blue eyes. This came up in my mind again when Azusa thinks about her in ep 16.

Until there's some explanation in the manga or anime.... there's not much else to say about it. Her trips to Finland *could* imply some Finnish family connections, but again nothing is solid.
Old 2010-07-21, 23:32   Link #205
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Maybe her dad owns Nokia.

It could be highly likely that she has some sort of European background, since she's so open to the concept of girl-girl relationships.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-22, 00:43   Link #206
Sparvid
*hic*

When they playing that game to see who would get the last piece of cake, I noticed that Mugi has slightly paler skin than the rest. (Well, I saw that that one pair of hands were paler, and then had to figure out how the camera angle was placed)
Old 2010-07-22, 16:09   Link #207
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Mugi is love, the episode with her and Ritsu was great.
Old 2010-07-22, 16:29   Link #208
Pinpin
-3-

I love that they put together a "Mugi Episode" aka ep. 14! That was really cute and full of fluff :P Also Episode 16 with Azusa was, too.

Could Mugi's mom be Finnish? Remember, at season 1's ep. 4, there are blurred pictures of Mugi with her dad and blonde mom :OO That's why she goes to Finland and has a villa there.
@SaintessHeart: Your theory couldn't be too far off xD
Old 2010-07-23, 03:40   Link #209
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
I'm sure they will talk more about Mugi's background in a later episode. It would be foolish of them to leave us guessing like this.
Old 2010-07-23, 09:16   Link #210
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post

Edit

I wonder too if she grew up in Japan, yeah she's kyoto-ben but why do she get's excited with mundane things Japanese girls normally do.
Old 2010-07-23, 11:01   Link #211
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Guess I need to repeat it again as people don't seem to be reading to catch up before they post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Repeat from the Q&A thread:
My *theory* is that Mugi is half-Japanese, the offspring of a Japanese corporate shogun and his foreign wife. All the other characters have relatively normal Japanese hair colors and designs -- only Mugi stands out with her blonde hair and bright blue eyes. This came up in my mind again when Azusa thinks about her in ep 16.

Until there's some explanation in the manga or anime.... there's not much else to say about it. Her trips to Finland *could* imply some Finnish family connections, but again nothing is solid.
Sparvid also notes her skin tone is distinctly paler than all the other girls and several posters have noted the pictures in Mugi's villa that blurrily show a blonde-pale mom and a dark-haired dad.

So the best evidence so far is that Mugi may be half-Finnish half-Japanese. It would also add weight to her intense desire to fit in with "regular people" along with her wealth.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-07-23 at 11:04. Reason: we have implicit evidences.. so there are shreds
Old 2010-07-23, 14:32   Link #212
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Did Ritsu and Mugi do a little sumthin sumthin a couple of episodes ago? Why else would Ritsu question her "endurance"
Old 2010-07-24, 02:13   Link #213
itzglez
♫♫♪

lol Mio would not approve of that. after watching a certain ep from Maid-sama, Misaki and Mugi are powerful yet they have low endurance.

mhm, if ur very muscular would you have low endurance due to your muscle's oxygen needs?
Old 2010-08-08, 22:22   Link #214
ElizLestrad

Is it just me or does anyone else want to see an episode where Mugi gets angry about something. I mean, no matter whats going on Mugi always smiles to the point that its almost creepy. I think it would be kinda cute/funny to see her actually snap about something.
Old 2010-08-08, 23:10   Link #215
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Why? Wouldn't that just bring the entire JSDF out to punish whatever made her angry in the first place?
Old 2010-08-08, 23:35   Link #216
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizLestrad View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else want to see an episode where Mugi gets angry about something. I mean, no matter whats going on Mugi always smiles to the point that its almost creepy. I think it would be kinda cute/funny to see her actually snap about something.
She HAS gotten angry before. In season 1 for their training camp with Azusa, she was annoyed with her servants for bringing along the yacht.
Old 2010-08-08, 23:52   Link #217
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
She HAS gotten angry before. In season 1 for their training camp with Azusa, she was annoyed with her servants for bringing along the yacht.
And she was still cute :P
Old 2010-08-09, 00:12   Link #218
ElizLestrad

Quote:
Eh, I wouldnt really call that angry as in the absolutely livid "Im going to <add word here> murder you!" sort of angry I meant. That was more an "How could you embarass me like that!" sort of frustration.

When I meant angry I meant REALLY angry, I want to see her just absolutely straight out snap ^_^.
Old 2010-08-09, 00:33   Link #219
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:
and from s2 ep 14 aka the Mugi ep

Old 2010-08-09, 00:54   Link #220
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzglez View Post
and from s2 ep 14 aka the Mugi ep

Priceless face

Tags
characters