AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-03, 14:47   Link #1
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

What do you want in the third Mai series?

the 2nd Mai series is done and considering the cash cow that is is Mai. i don't see a reason why there won't be a 3rd series as long as the $$$ continue to flow in. So for the 3rd season what do you guys want to see.

Here what what I want:

- More Mai
- More Miyu
- More Maki Maki
- More screen time to other characters like the 2 new pillers and Nao

i am two mind about this but do you want to see a all new cast with cameo and support roles form old one or a a rehashing of of roles for the old characters?
Old 2006-04-03, 14:52   Link #2
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Natsuki. Nough said, can't have a Mai series without her, same with Mikoto.

Another Tate, My Hime had him with a relationship with his "sister," My Otome had him with a relationship with his "daughter," so....I'm pretty sure there's more for him to have Can't have a Mai series without some incest (not blood of course)
Old 2006-04-03, 14:57   Link #3
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
More tentacles.

If there's going to be a third season, they should at least wait a while so that interest won't get stale.
Old 2006-04-03, 15:03   Link #4
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

More Mikoto god damm** I can't believe thats all.

More Mai too. A lot more. And I would'nt mind Arika to be back with Nina-chin. ^^

Or make a hentai of it like The Bloodlust Kid suggested.
Old 2006-04-03, 15:05   Link #5
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
More Irina?
No Serious... Real Action
3/4 Action
and No 1/4 Action and 3/4 Bedsleeping
Old 2006-04-03, 15:12   Link #6
Honeyman

Just more of the great characteristion, drama and action that we have now come to expect with the MAI franchise. I'm happy for them to keep on going as long as they can maintain an at least good quality production.

If the OVAs are the end of the MAI franchise then I'll at least keep an eye on the character designer's future works. He's certainly won me over!
Old 2006-04-03, 15:28   Link #7
Evadoll

Miss Maria's Otome version, that's for sure XD

Hmm, less fillers. And more Takumi/Akira, because they had even less screemtime than Akane/Kazu.
Old 2006-04-03, 15:32   Link #8
Silveril
Chopper Disciple

more actions, less fillers;
more mai (not 3 freakin episodes!), mikoto fun, natsuki panties, more nao making fun of natsuki... and more explanations
Old 2006-04-03, 15:34   Link #9
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
They should also give Erstin a role where she doesn't die.
Old 2006-04-03, 15:35   Link #10
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

I'd be more interested in HiME OAVs, particularly exploring Shiznat (or maybe Tate+Mai... Tatai?) post festival, Natsuki's mother finding out the first branch's goals (and her subsequent failed escape), and, most of all, a drama-filled explanation as to what happened during the LAST festival, when Mashiro won.
Hell, that last one might be worth a whole series on its own: Mai HiME in the Japan of 300 years ago...
But then, I'd settle for seeing Midori and Youko slamming the university around (and not the opposite, far from it).
Old 2006-04-03, 15:56   Link #11
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Action, action, action, beautiful and powerful Robes or Childs
Miss Maria
Chie x Aoi living together
Real ShizNat
More Nao and MakiMaki-shoujo
Old 2006-04-03, 16:02   Link #12
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
I'd be more interested in HiME OAVs, particularly exploring Shiznat (or maybe Tate+Mai... Tatai?) post festival, Natsuki's mother finding out the first branch's goals (and her subsequent failed escape), and, most of all, a drama-filled explanation as to what happened during the LAST festival, when Mashiro won.
Hell, that last one might be worth a whole series on its own: Mai HiME in the Japan of 300 years ago...
But then, I'd settle for seeing Midori and Youko slamming the university around (and not the opposite, far from it).
I doubt we will see anything about Hime Mashiro's past since that arc would be too dark. There would be no reset for the 11 other Hime back then and Mashiro herself was stuff into a crystal until her possession of Fumi's child. You are right through since that would be one hell of a series.
Old 2006-04-03, 16:07   Link #13
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
More Aswad!
Old 2006-04-03, 16:11   Link #14
Kona
Banned

More special attacks from otome
More miss maria and yukariko
Explain what the other 2 pillars have been doing all this time
Old 2006-04-03, 16:15   Link #15
warpshadow
wisest of generals

Another crazy lesbian to go after Tomoe.
That and more Mai.
Old 2006-04-03, 16:16   Link #16
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Hum Now you mention it
What happened to Tomoe after she waked by Sakomizu...
Old 2006-04-03, 16:16   Link #17
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpshadow
Another crazy lesbian to go after Tomoe.
That and more Mai.
Make Miya the crazy lesbian this time with a Tomeo obsession
Old 2006-04-03, 16:57   Link #18
philip72

A slightly smaller cast, Mai Otome had too many, it became unwieldy and lost focus. I also never had the same attraction to any of the new Otome characters, though my affection for the HiME in Otome stayed constant.

I would also like:
More Mai+Tate
More Chie+Aoi
Arika and Mikoto hanging together (but not romantically linked)
More HiME style happy go lucky Midori
More Youko, for some reason in both series I wanted to know more about her.
More hot Miss Maria

And last, but most importantly:
A lot more of Shizuru and Natsuki. I don't know why, but these two
are like crack cocaine for me and I can't get enough of them. I looked
forward to watching Otome every Saturday night primarily because I
was hoping for some sort of romantic interaction between the two characters.

Maybe they could do a prequel to HiME next time, set at the start of the Meiji era. Although as I said before Shiznat in college would be just fine.

Last edited by philip72; 2006-04-03 at 16:59. Reason: porr speling
Old 2006-04-03, 17:13   Link #19
Pakxenon
popcorn

Less characters, better plot and character development, and more action. A new set of characters should be created because reusing characters can get old fast, plus they were already developed in the series before, so they only serve as plot devices and cameos.
Old 2006-04-03, 17:17   Link #20
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I thought this thread was for ideas for an entirely different Mai-series...! Well, for production values...kick the fight animator to the curb and get another (better) one. For the powers the Otome wielded, they should have had better fights. If they would have kept the same standard that they put with the first Nina vs Arika Coral battle, then it would have been much better.
Spoiler for Continued rant:

Also, better manga-to-anime costume transitions.

For an idea of an entirely new series, The first one was in the present time, second one's about 300+ years in the future, I say the 3rd one should be in a more fantasy-type setting - Dragons, knights, magicians, elves, half beast-men/women, the whole 9-yards. Where the Kings of each type of Spirit Beasts in each region pics a Maiden and/or a Knight to 'bond' with to support the kingdom or something like that. But for the bond to take place, the Maiden (Knight) will have to prove themselves worthy somehow to their respective Spirit Beast King. Or that's how it COULD have been....could be that the Beast Kings and their Maidens died/got sealed up while fighting some dark force and for 300 years, the powers of the Beast Kings were lost...until... Little Alyssa was born.

In the spirit of having 'knights', I say let the guys of the series have a turn at kicking butt. Sergei was alright for Otome but the man spent the 2nd half of the series nursing wounds!! Something like Tate yanking out Kagutsuchi's sword and witnessing the pwnage. XD
Oh yes, and have the Beast Kings able to talk to their Maidens and whatnot. XD Having them be able to transform from small size to large size would be nice too, especially for Kagu and Kiyohime. I can imagine what a convo between Shizuru and Kiyohime will be like.
Closed Thread