AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 23:18   Link #261
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Dissidia: Final Fantasy is what made me think of it. It has a simplified control scheme, with little in the way overall as far as a moveset goes on-screen, but because you can customize it, it's not too bad.

And yeah, I know I won't see it anytime. If nothing else, hopefully the new one will get translated decently fast online, since I'm hopeful we'll get some details on that new magic system. :P
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 23:24   Link #262
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

There isn't any trivia released about the two new characters of GOD? I mean othe than her names and the fact that they're time travelers.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 23:39   Link #263
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Umm... barring there Device and Magic Style names, not really. I checked the JP wiki, but it doesn't seem to really have much we don't already know, so I'm eager for more info.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 00:14   Link #264
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
As far as I'm concerned, Shamal is the worst character in over-all combat. (Lost 40 freaking times to Reinforce, dammit)
Shamal can dodge almost if not everything if you master the timing of her teleportation, can make the AI enemies cancel their spells if she gets at melee range and her triangle attack can shield her from almost everything. She is not really the worst. (Matching her up with Zafira though, will give him the advantage)

Quote:
Signum's really good, but lack of range kills her and drops her down to the same level as Fate and Chrono (not that it's bad, mind you)
Signum is pretty much getting close and personal against everyone. She pummels those pesky mages to death.

Quote:
Reinforce can put up several black spheres before blasting the opponent with three "buster beams" at once. Plus binding and Bloody Dagger.
Reinforce is easily the strongest character exactly because of that. Time it right get near the enemy and boom, everything hits.

Quote:
Shamal, what I wouldn't give for her to have a bind somehow. She'd be really good if she had that.
Shamal with bind would break the game though. I mean her charged triangle attack is hilariously strong. Add the fact that the enemy can't move and takes the full hit and everything ends.

Quote:
Unison Reinforce, however, gets ALL of those powers at the same time, making it nearly impossible to lose against Material-D.
Is a pity that you can only play with her at the end of her story mode. I wanted to beat everyone single handedly.

Last edited by Laith; 2011-04-23 at 00:17. Reason: Laith confused a saying or somesuch
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 00:53   Link #265
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I don't agree about Zafira. His ranged moves are pretty terrible. You need to be close enough to use square, triangle only works if you have proper timing, and the homing kick makes you an easy target. Staying in close range is a must much like Signum, but at least Signum has a farther reach.
Old 2011-04-23, 01:03   Link #266
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Honestly, I disagree with you about Zafira there, Raiser. While his triangle does need proper timing, his Rider Kick is pretty powerful, only Shamal and Fate can really stop it with their attacks. The mere fact that if you use a Buster Beam against Zafira, you're inviting him to bounce it right back at you and lose.

And the teleport is freaking RANDOM where it goes. I can't get the damn thing to go where I want to.

If I could teleport right up into their faces, then she'd be good, but, no, Shamal is just not a good fighter in the game.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 01:10   Link #267
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Zafira has the best damage output of everyone so eeeh.

Shamal's teleport depends on how long you press the button. Just tapping it should place you in the closest position. The longest should place you the farthest away from the enemy. IIRC anyway because I haven't played in a while.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 01:14   Link #268
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Honestly, I disagree with you about Zafira there, Raiser. While his triangle does need proper timing, his Rider Kick is pretty powerful, only Shamal and Fate can really stop it with their attacks.
Nope, any charged attack will work. You can't stop the kick once you start it, so unless you're super close, you're just begging to be shot.
Old 2011-04-23, 01:24   Link #269
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Wow! i'm watching signum's route on Nicovideo and i didn't have knowledge that she fights against A's Nanoha here, complete with dialoge, i will wait patiently for her route translation just to get to that part xD

EDIT: Oh she was a Dark Piece after all, still will be interesting to see what repressed part of Nanoha is fighting Signum.

Wait a minute, that means the Book of Darkness spawn both a Dark Piece Nanoha AND Material-S? now i'm a bit confused xDU

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-04-23 at 01:34.
Old 2011-04-23, 01:37   Link #270
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

The Dark Pieces are offshoots of the defense program. They are the characters at different points in their lives, be they Vita before meeting Hayate, or Nanoha from season 1.

The Materials are parts of the defense program themselves. Rather than being characters at different points in time, the Materials are "What if" characters. Material-L is specifically "What if Fate didn't have Arf and never met Nanoha." They are aware of what they are and actively seek to restore the Book of Darkness. The Dark Pieces usually have no idea where they are or what's going on (sometimes they realise they're fake, though).
Old 2011-04-23, 01:37   Link #271
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Wow! i'm watching signum's route on Nicovideo and i didn't have knowledge that she fights against A's Nanoha here, complete with dialoge, i will wait patiently for her route translation just to get to that part xD

EDIT: Oh she was a Dark Piece after all, still will be interesting to see what repressed part of Nanoha is fighting Signum.

Wait a minute, that means the Book of Darkness spawn both a Dark Piece Nanoha AND Material-S? now i'm a bit confused xDU
The Dark Pieces are copies based on the originals' memories, thoughts, and wishes during A's, whereas the Materials are remnants of the Book of Darkness's auto-protection program, so yes, there would be.

Dammit, ninja'd.
Old 2011-04-23, 10:15   Link #272
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Nope, any charged attack will work. You can't stop the kick once you start it, so unless you're super close, you're just begging to be shot.
I've had no problem with it, ever. I don't use it against Shamal or Fate, but Zafira has other moves.

that kick is pretty darn good.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 11:52   Link #273
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

It's another one of those moves that would never work on a human opponent. If your foe runs away from you and keeps their distance, Zafira has no way to attack them accept by reflecting back the beams. But that's an obviously telegraphed move.

Anyways, I wonder why Chrono has a dark piece when he never got his magic absorbed by the Book of Darkness. Amy was going to explain it but Dark Piece Chrono cut her off =/
Old 2011-04-23, 12:05   Link #274
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

The Book figured that he's badass enough to deserve a place among it's warriors and make the dark piece in his image xD

Apparenlty every player fight against all the cast(save for the materials) on their respective routes right?

Signum's opponents are:

Stage 1: DP Zafira
Stage 2: DP Nanoha
Target Approaching: Chrno
Stage 3: DP Vita
Stage 4: DP Shamal
Target Approaching: DP Hayate
Stage 5: Reinforce
Final Stage: Fate

It was funny to hear the *donk* sound effect when she hit Reinforce's head hope the remaining routes get translated soon xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-04-23, 12:15   Link #275
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Apparenlty every player fight against all the cast(save for the materials) on their respective routes right?
Nope, not always. There are a max of 8 fights (6 normal + 2 secret). While there are 9 cast members (8 + player character), sometimes the Materials are thrown in there and sometimes you'll have to fight the DP version of yourself.
Old 2011-05-24, 12:27   Link #276
Fluegel

Release date confirmed for December 22nd.
Fluegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 23:25   Link #277
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Looks like if you reserve the game they'll give you codes to download costumes from the 1st movie
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 23:59   Link #278
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Christmas will be merrier this year xD

There's still around half a year until that, hope more characters get revealed xD.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-25, 00:13   Link #279
Fluegel

Considering this was announced 6 fucking months ago, a DEC release date is pretty stupid.

Hell SRW Z2 just barely came out and they already announced OG3 for PS3 is out in only 3 months.
Fluegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 00:28   Link #280
nanoha expert

wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
So the characters without a box are ones I have to redo in order to get a box and the boxes lined up mean you unlock the Material character for the column?

Also, is there a difference to the color of the box, like the far right row is all gray and the middle is like all blue?
not exactly redo them just do it without dying and the boxes are different because grey for material D,blue for material L,and pinkish for material S

it happend to me but i did it without dying for all of them except Reinforce i tried again and didn't die (cause i had gotten better) and the box appered i thus i got material D anyway i hope u found that helpful
nanoha expert is offline   Reply With Quote