AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-24, 02:52   Link #341
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
The definition is too vague until they show it. The stealth could be just evading sonar, evading radar or evading the visible light. The last one doesn't seem to be their option.
We see the ship disappearing and reappearing on its way to the moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
Decided to talk about it in this thread.

If Saki does become a guinea pig for Dorssia's experiments, what are they gonna do to her?
Horrendous things, since Dorssia are justified now considering she's not "human". This is based on the assumption that Dorssia will dissect her and copy the kamitsuki abilities. It is highly likely they will do this. No one would complain to have a immortal army, even L-elf mentioned this. However, before that, they reveal to the world the JIOR condoned human experimentation on unsuspecting students, and turn the whole world against them, and New JIORans against each other. Cain and the magius are safe since it is their own country revealing this secret, and Cain can cover up any info that could incriminate them, but there's nothing really. They aren't going to do all these tests in front of everyone anyway, just prove that Saki is a result of human experimentation.
Old 2013-11-24, 03:28   Link #342
LightDragonman

Dissect her? Could she even regrow her limbs? Or do you mean them simply trying to copy her genes?

Dang, in that case, it would be a race against time for the heroes to save her before that happens.

How do you think Saki would cope? Would she be defiant and not go down lightly, or simply be broken beyond repair and fall into despair, especially after being abandoned to her horrific fate?

If it does happen, then A'Drei will have become one of my least favorite characters.
Old 2013-11-24, 05:02   Link #343
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Dissect her? Could she even regrow her limbs? Or do you mean them simply trying to copy her genes?

Dang, in that case, it would be a race against time for the heroes to save her before that happens.

How do you think Saki would cope? Would she be defiant and not go down lightly, or simply be broken beyond repair and fall into despair, especially after being abandoned to her horrific fate?

If it does happen, then A'Drei will have become one of my least favorite characters.
Bad Stuff would be a Magius hijacking her body and getting a free Valverave in the process. :x
I doubt that Cain would let info about people similar to the Magius leek out to the humans. :v
Mental torture would be effective since she cannot recover from that. :m
Old 2013-11-24, 05:09   Link #344
LightDragonman

Does that mean that the Saki in the future is a Magius?

And what do you mean by mental torture?
Old 2013-11-24, 05:16   Link #345
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Does that mean that the Saki in the future is a Magius?

And what do you mean by mental torture?
I don't want to give you nightmares. I've nearly sent some people to mental help before so taking precautions.
Spoiler for read if you want:

And yes, I do believe that Saki will become a Magius or a MagiKami hybrid.
Old 2013-11-24, 06:10   Link #346
LightDragonman

Talk about dark. Reminds me of Resident Evil 5.

So if she becomes a hybrid, would she still retain her mind and memories though?
Old 2013-11-24, 12:33   Link #347
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ This ship has some major stealth technology though. I bet it can bypass the Moon's security, going and exiting as it pleases. No one would know either, except for the fact people have gone missing.
That too. So far that is the only ship in the series that has displayed stealth/cloaking technology. Maybe its a Dorssian ship integrated with Magius tech. Still, the mission won't go as smoothly as yoo make it out to be. Someone is bound to realize people are missing. (eg. A dude goes to visit his gf because they had planned in advance & realizes shes not there. Raises alarm & they realize that more people are missing.)

It'd be very interesting if Dorssia goes for the silent kidnapping approach instead of the take them by force approach. We've seen that Karlstein graduates are skilled in infiltration. So it isn't impossible for spies to mix in with the school. I could've also seen L-Elf going into prophet mode here & predicting all their movements. However, since he's in feels mode right now, idk what'll happen.

The take them by force approach would however, call the VVVs into action to defend the module & since this is a mecha anime, I see the forced approach coming, just becauser the VVVs would get some action.

Still, in either scenario, they'd need L-Elf's strategic planning. So someone needs to get him out of feels mode in the next episode or two.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-24, 12:42   Link #348
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
And yes, I do believe that Saki will become a Magius or a MagiKami hybrid.
You mean like having a Magius jacking her body?

And hopefully all that torture and crap we discussing is just us being extreme paranoia. Valvrave is dark, but still I don't think they do something that horrible to a main character.
Old 2013-11-24, 12:53   Link #349
Irenesharda

Saki is already a kamitsuki which is a Magius/human hybrid. They don't need to turn her into anything, it would be redundant. She has all the powers of the Magius except she has yet to learn the language and she can't leave her body completely like the Magius can. The Magius and Kamitsuki also have two different types of immortality. The Magius in their true form can stay immortal as long as they are in the right environment and consume enough runes. When they are in human shells, their shells age and can be wounded, but their spirits inside do not. The spirit selves can leave the human shells but can then die from being exposed in Earth's atmosphere. The Kamitsuki have immortal bodies that can heal from anything, they however do not have a incorporeal form and don't exist in spirit form. They also can die from starvation of runes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
That too. So far that is the only ship in the series that has displayed stealth/cloaking technology. Maybe its a Dorssian ship integrated with Magius tech. Still, the mission won't go as smoothly as yoo make it out to be. Someone is bound to realize people are missing. (eg. A dude goes to visit his gf because they had planned in advance & realizes shes not there. Raises alarm & they realize that more people are missing.)

It'd be very interesting if Dorssia goes for the silent kidnapping approach instead of the take them by force approach. We've seen that Karlstein graduates are skilled in infiltration. So it isn't impossible for spies to mix in with the school. I could've also seen L-Elf going into prophet mode here & predicting all their movements. However, since he's in feels mode right now, idk what'll happen.

The take them by force approach would however, call the VVVs into action to defend the module & since this is a mecha anime, I see the forced approach coming, just becauser the VVVs would get some action.

Still, in either scenario, they'd need L-Elf's strategic planning. So someone needs to get him out of feels mode in the next episode or two.
It will be interesting to see what L-elf's absence will do to the functioning of the module. If Dorssia does attack full force, which they probably will, and they already have people that have infiltrated the module thanks from some help from the Magius (there are also probably Magius within the ARUS that already are there as well) L-elf would probably be the one to spot things first. He is trained for it.

However, without him, I just don't know. Haruto is getting better, but he's still a naive idiot most of the time, and Shoko's still in the dark and doesn't have any military training on top of that. Satomi and Tamaki might be able to handle things for a bit, but they too count on L-elf.

It's like Cain said, without L-elf they are like a titan without a brain. And I think Cain might have been prophetic there. I don't even know if L-elf will even care about anyone attacking since for him there's no reason anymore. Perhaps Lise in her Newtype ghost form can inspire him to fight on?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-11-24 at 13:05.
Old 2013-11-24, 12:57   Link #350
Key Board
Carbon

She's in a very bad position not because they will experiment on her, though I'm not ruling that out
She's in a very bad position because Lieselotte is dead, and the government will probably spin this into anti Jior propaganda
And what kind of treatment do you think a country like Dorsia will give to one of the "accomplices" of Lieselotte's murder?
Ironically, it seems that the ones that can get her out of public lynching are the Magius council
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-11-24, 13:11   Link #351
Irenesharda

^ I am thinking this too. I don't think they'll do an experimentation/torture subplot because it's too late in the season to do something that will require time to show the details and the results of said actions. However, I think that Saki will need help to survive, and it will probably come from those she thought of as enemies, such as Dorssia. Also, Saki has never even met Cain before and knows nothing of the Magius. If she gets help from him, she will actually be very glad to find people who are like her. People that can help her and understand her. She won't be alone anymore.

Also, the Magius haven't really displayed how they feel about the Kamitsuki. They do consider them like themselves, so they might not see them as enemies or threats as they do the humans.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-24, 13:15   Link #352
Key Board
Carbon

She doesn't have a reason to trust Cain... under normal circumstances
but the pressure and the feeling of being seemingly left behind might crack her. Dorsia is NOT a nice country

I mean.. imagine being an American soldier in a Middle East prison. You've probably heard the terrible stories.
It's incredibly easy to crack.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-11-24, 13:15   Link #353
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Saki is already a kamitsuki which is a Magius/human hybrid. They don't need to turn her into anything, it would be redundant. She has all the powers of the Magius except she has yet to learn the language and she can't leave her body completely like the Magius can. The Magius and Kamitsuki also have two different types of immortality. The Magius in their true form can stay immortal as long as they are in the right environment and consume enough runes. When they are in human shells, their shells age and can be wounded, but their spirits inside do not. The spirit selves can leave the human shells but can then die from being exposed in Earth's atmosphere. The Kamitsuki have immortal bodies that can heal from anything, they however do not have a incorporeal form and don't exist in spirit form. They also can die from starvation of runes.
Check and mate, christians! (sorry, could not resist)
Old 2013-11-24, 13:45   Link #354
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
You mean like having a Magius jacking her body?

And hopefully all that torture and crap we discussing is just us being extreme paranoia. Valvrave is dark, but still I don't think they do something that horrible to a main character.
At this point, it would interesting to see a Magius jacking or trying to jack a body of a Kamitsuki.
I think Saki has been through enough that she needs perma-mental help for the rest of her life but anime logic. :v
Okouchi would benefit from stepping up his female characters since they seem to be in the shadow of their male companions :/
Sunrise called Saki the most memorable character, and unless they mean that in the most sickest way possible, she's gonna have to shine brighter than L-elf.
Cain might not be interested in the Kamitsuki, but he's definately interested in the Valvraves. :/ Getting a free Valvrave would be like winning the lottery for him imo.
Okouchi is putting almost all of his stress on Saki, I'm almost certain of this. L-elf is a close second.
Spoiler for Torture Method:
Old 2013-11-24, 14:14   Link #355
LightDragonman

Cain already has Unit 02.

And yeah, the more I think about it, torture doesn't exactly seem like it's gonna happen to Saki.
Old 2013-11-24, 14:20   Link #356
Key Board
Carbon

torture is very possible, because of reasons I stated
it's Dorsia and Lieselotte died
the military would more than want to torture her

the only one that can save her is ironically, the magius council
Old 2013-11-24, 14:30   Link #357
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Check and mate, christians! (sorry, could not resist)
You know what I mean! Of course, me being a Christian, I don't doubt the existance of spirits and souls, however, this is sci-fiction territory, which is a whole other ballgame. Strangely in this case, it's a body that the Magius are missing.

However, strangely enough Prue and Pino do have bodies. So could the Magius have a physical form when they are on their own planet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
torture is very possible, because of reasons I stated
it's Dorsia and Lieselotte died
the military would more than want to torture her

the only one that can save her is ironically, the magius council
I don't doubt that they would do it if they could or had opportunity, but I don't think the time constraints of the show or the plot would allow it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-24, 14:48   Link #358
Key Board
Carbon

Tortured for one episode, escapes the next
No, I don't like it either
but look at her track record. Maybe it's a payment for having her survival in the epilogue guaranteed or maybe she's just the female punching bag of the series, but she has terrible luck

And I really don't see her getting away scott free in episode 20 unless A-Drei lets her go
but she probably doesn't have enough information to sway A-Drei
remember that all the Magius plot dump info happened while she was away. She is not updated of the situation yet. <-- another example of her bad luck
Old 2013-11-24, 14:49   Link #359
finalfury
Incognito

So can anyone explain to me why Saki is the only character here to have done opposite gender body jacking?
@LightDragonman: Free Valvrave with no strings attached for Cain = Free money with no strings attached for people in general I think. :/
Weakening your opponent's offense while strengthening your own is an effective military strategy. :v

Bloody hell Okouchi, you enjoy torturing the female characters don't you?
Old 2013-11-24, 14:51   Link #360
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
So can anyone explain to me why Saki is the only character her to have done opposite gender body jacking?
because we don't have enough episodes for that kind of fun...

She'll probably hijack A-Drei in 2 episodes.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters