2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-13, 15:31   Link #41
FubaredByAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO
No offence, but I think you should watch this episode once again, because your question doesn't make any sense (at least for me). Satoko's case here is completely different from Keichi's in first arc (firstly - she is not delusional about her abuse, if you saw 10th episode you can easily tell). And if you don't feel strong enough with your English try to use Word with spell-check or something similar.

One thing which completely took my attention when I watched subbed version: Takano, her behavior, especially what she said: "you still don't remember me". For me she looks like a kind who would, like a cat play with her victim, throwing her "clues" which he don't have any chance to understand... But still, if something similar to Groundhog Day's idea is pulled here, it would be somehow dissappointing (IMO).
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-13, 15:33   Link #42
MarmoO

AzureFlux:
Quote:
Just because Satoko didn't go around swinging a bat does not rule out the possibility of her becoming delusional. From this episode you can easily tell that she isn't exactly in the right state of mind. The more important question is, what REALLY caused Satoko to act in this manner?
I don't think her bruises and kettles being thrown at her are caused by delusions.

I see two answers which would be an explanations for her breakdown:

1. She was abused by her uncle and his friends, probably also sexually.

2. If reminiscence with Satoshi wasn't thrown randomly there, it would mean that Satoko have much more in common with his disappearing. First - Satoshi really, really cared for his sister and it is hard to believe that he would leave her. It is probable that he is dead. Shion obviously knows more than the rest - why would she get so mad about "transferring away?", why would she blame so much Satoko during ladder scene? (I don't think she was sane there, but what she said there rather wasn't made up). I think Satoko is in a way responsible for Satoshi's death and because of trauma she has lost memory, Shion knows about this, maybe she had a chance to talk to him before he died and he asked her to not hurt Satoko and let her not remember this (or something similar) etc. KJeichi being so similar to Satoshi just triggered Satoko's memory.This have more holes than Swiss cheese and is not very probable, but it also opens a way for few other answers - still, before making any serious attempts to answer I'd like to wait for Rika's arc.

FubaredByAnime:
Quote:
Spoiler:
More or less: yes.
Old 2006-06-13, 15:49   Link #43
FubaredByAnime

Quote:

FubaredByAnime:

More or less: yes.
I guess Frederica Bernkastel's poems make more sense with this consideration in mind.
Old 2006-06-13, 16:29   Link #44
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

2. If reminiscence with Satoshi wasn't thrown randomly there, it would mean that Satoko have much more in common with his disappearing. First - Satoshi really, really cared for his sister and it is hard to believe that he would leave her. It is probable that he is dead. Shion obviously knows more than the rest - why would she get so mad about "transferring away?", why would she blame so much Satoko during ladder scene? (I don't think she was sane there, but what she said there rather wasn't made up). I think Satoko is in a way responsible for Satoshi's death and because of trauma she has lost memory, Shion knows about this, maybe she had a chance to talk to him before he died and he asked her to not hurt Satoko and let her not remember this (or something similar) etc. KJeichi being so similar to Satoshi just triggered Satoko's memory.This have more holes than Swiss cheese and is not very probable, but it also opens a way for few other answers - still, before making any serious attempts to answer I'd like to wait for Rika's arc.
Maybe Satoshi does have more in common with Keiichi...

Spoiler:

That would be a trip if...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-13, 16:47   Link #45
FubaredByAnime

Quote:
That would be a trip if...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-13, 21:41   Link #46
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
there any many speculations to be made about what has caused Satokos break down and what did K1 do to set off that reaction. several others have already posted some very intresting theories that i agree with. but i think i am definetly going to have to watch the ep one time. I do agree that Satokos uncle is not just physically abusing her, she is most likely being assulted sexually as well by him and his friends. Which may explain why she acted the way she did when Keiichi touched her
Old 2006-06-13, 21:51   Link #47
Mei Hikari

re episode 10:

gomen nasai gomen nasai gomen nasai gomen nasai gomen nasai

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-13, 22:30   Link #48
lifestorm2

yea, how did a little girl throw a teenager boy 6 feet away into the table/wall?
Old 2006-06-13, 23:35   Link #49
Eric the Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Poor Satoko :(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keke
I was really surprised by this chapter, mostly by Oishi. Oishi always seemed like the nicest guy in the whole series, but suddenly he's so different in this chapter..
I'm not that surprised by this. In the first two arcs, Keiichi was much more cooperative than he was this time. He is playing the big-brother, wondering why this man is looking for her. Not the smartest thing to do, since he identified himself as the police, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifestorm2
yea, how did a little girl throw a teenager boy 6 feet away into the table/wall?
The same way she knocked that ball out of the park. The little girl is surprisingly strong. Just not stronger than her uncle, apparently.

Personally, I thought the episode went fairly smoothly and did not feel rushed. I understand that a lot was taken out, but if you haven't seen the game (or manga, I suppose) then it seems to be much better.

Eric the Grey
Old 2006-06-14, 00:01   Link #50
MarmoO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei Hikari
re episode 10:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-14, 00:21   Link #51
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
Spoiler:
Well, Takano did..
Spoiler:

And..
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-14, 00:59   Link #52
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
I used to feel bad for Tomitake for getting killed off everytime so far, but now I kind of suspect him and Takano to be up to something too.

Oishi has gone down from first place of the people I can trust since the 1st arc... He seemed like a jerk this time around.

Also Shion is scary . I wasn't sure what happened in the last arc with Mion/Shion, but i'm assuming now that the evil demon one was Shion the whole time?
Old 2006-06-14, 01:57   Link #53
willem113
I wanna go peeping ^^

Send a message via MSN to willem113
This was truly a diturbing ep.

First of all Oishi has doesn't to be the good cop that he portrayed in the first two chapters.

And it would seem that Satako's nii nii.
Wasn't such a good brother.

As for the relationship between Mion and Shion.
I think that Mion has two personalties.
And Shion doesn't has much to do with the curse.
Old 2006-06-14, 09:06   Link #54
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Some of you are really reading too much in Takano's words. Maybe she just considers herself to be really beautiful and that men should remember her because of that.
Moreover, it's a lot more likely that in a few accidental meeting, the one who lives in a village would remember the newcomer than the opposite, simply because the newcomer has to keep track of many new acquaitances, while every new face in the village stands out. Or maybe they never actually met and Takano just lied.

Old 2006-06-14, 15:49   Link #55
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Distrurbing... I didn't feel so disturbed in other episodes.

I wish Rena would get her cleaver and chop off some heads, particularly Satoko's uncle.

Anyone who abuses lolis must face a painful death... Bring on the nail-and-hammer!

Keiichi, you're the man A huge improvement from the other arcs. Go kick some ass. Damn... This is just the thing I'd have done... Child abuse-> SEEDmode trigger.

Satoko's uncle is sooo dead
Old 2006-06-14, 16:11   Link #56
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
The only thing I've really found really disturbing so far was the bat scene at the end of ep 4...
Old 2006-06-14, 16:16   Link #57
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ I'd be extremely delighted to see that scene concerning Teppei's head

Last edited by npal; 2006-06-14 at 17:02.
Old 2006-06-14, 16:58   Link #58
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Wow. Despite what some say this was a powerful episode. I can't
wait for the next one.
Old 2006-06-15, 23:14   Link #59
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
Repetitive apology

Spoiler for for repetitive apologies:
Old 2006-06-16, 13:26   Link #60
rocket
Senior and Demented

Okay I got two episodes in one dose because the change in the release schedule totally threw me off. That might be part of it, but I actually agree with the game playing crowd even though the anime is my only experience of it. This episode seemed rushed and lacking the sense of dread the previous chapters had at this point. Especially following right after watching ep9 I thought it was just "Average".

Also, at the risk of sounding like a infidel, I'm not quite feeling the Satoko love everyone else seems to be having either! I found her most endearing with her sneaky trap laying side, but I've gotten most of that from the TIPS. The anime's mostly ignored her, and now really only focuses on her sudden identification of Keiichi with her older brother. Meh, I don't know why, but seems forced on her side.

Keiichi's reactions and protectiveness though, seem much more honest, and seem to be fullfilling the harem-game pattern. ^_^

There *were* some good moments...
Spoiler: