AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 78 43.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 32.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 15.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 7.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-08, 07:28   Link #41
Cooldude

The only thing I don't like

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-08, 07:56   Link #42
Lilith
Your average fangirl

goldlilys, please edit your post QUICKLY. Distribuiting licensed material on AnimeSuki forums is strictly prohibited. Thanks.

And LOL I agree Itachikun. But wait, how many rules are there? Will they fit in 37 episodes?

I disagree with you, Cooldude. In the anime Light was definitely no where near calm when he met Ryuk. He screamed, fell of the chair and backed away to the wall. Don't you think that's enough? After a minute, he calmed down and talked to Ryuk normally which was fine by me. This is Light we're talking about, the "trickster" with amazing mentality.
Old 2006-10-08, 10:07   Link #43
sedukshun
kimee ~

wow so many good reviews on this anime i might have to add another one to my "going to view" list of anime lol
Old 2006-10-08, 10:19   Link #44
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i think light did a pretty good job not freaking out after seeing ryuk...an normal person would have died from a heart attack (ironic?)...just shows how strong minded light is ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-08, 11:08   Link #45
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i think light did a pretty good job not freaking out after seeing ryuk...an normal person would have died from a heart attack (ironic?)...just shows how strong minded light is ^_^
What I like more was how Light not only did what you mentioned in your post, but also had the guts to explain his plan to become a god to a god. Ryuk's reaction was priceless. I especially loved the mischievous smirk at the end, foreshadowing all the trouble to come. With that said, I'm definitely looking forward to more of this series.
Old 2006-10-08, 12:14   Link #46
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Yeah, the motorcycle incident was hilarious. Not0wn3d. Three times lol. Reminds me of Ichigo getting pwn3d in Bleach...

Spoiler for Gifs:

Light's too insane, though. Shame, believing that he can cleanse the world of evil. Ryuk saying "But then you'll be the only one left". Oh, well,
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-10-08 at 12:44.
Old 2006-10-08, 12:16   Link #47
Karnot
Banned

I wonder if the rest of the show will continue to be exactly 1 chapter per episode...
But either way, the first 30 chapters are the best of them all. Oh, and maybe the corporation part.
Old 2006-10-08, 12:22   Link #48
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Yeah,
Spoiler for major manga spoiler:
Old 2006-10-08, 14:51   Link #49
garnet07

Oooh I love the first episode of Death Note. I like the effects and the voices match the characters so well. And did anyone say that the voice of Light is the same voice of Tamaki from Host Club. Haha that's hilarious. I hope to see more of characters especially the cute L.

Just want to ask when do they play this in Japan. Is it every Tuesday only or something? Cuz I want more to come faster. And if theres only 37 episodes, will they fit everything storywise? Cuz Isnt there like 120 chapters for the manga. So the anime should be more like 50 or more episodes. Well just wondering.

Overall, I so soo highly recommend this. Also waiting for Perfect Girl Evolution to be fansubbed. Hope someone is doing that.
Old 2006-10-08, 16:36   Link #50
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet07 View Post
Just want to ask when do they play this in Japan
Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the way you keep track of time. From the Q & A Thread:

Mahou’s Showtime Page | Fall Anime Schedule (credit: Kaoru Chujo) | Date&Time.com (time conversion)

Q. When does Death Note air?

A. Wednesdays at 12:56 AM (Japan time)

Click on the "Date&Time.com" link above to convert to your time-zone.

And yes, it airs only once a week ... which means, the show will unfold over 37+ weeks.
Old 2006-10-08, 20:02   Link #51
gmanr26

I just felt random in getting this show cuz it was episode 1... and i'm happy for it... the art is amazing, and the premise seems even better, i love that shinigami (death god) is shown differently than like in bleach .... i hope to be enjoying alot more of this show in the future.... anyone know how many episodes are planned for this show/season
Old 2006-10-08, 20:29   Link #52
ashefatal
YOUR secret stalker

37 episodes
Old 2006-10-08, 21:22   Link #53
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I have never read the manga but a lot of people told me how good this series was so i checked out the first episode and i must say i was pleasently surprised. The who concept is right up my ally. I love the animation its so dark and gothic i hate animes where the premise is grim but the animation does not reflect it. Death Note reflects the darkness and twisted nature of the story perfectly.

Yagami is great charcter and portrayed very well his voice is great defiently approve of whoever is playing him. My favorite part about Yagami is how arrogant he is. He beleives that he is the only person who can right the wrongs of the world his personality fits right into it. Hes an straight A student perfect son he seems popular and hes very intellgient. All these things makes for a very arrogant yet very bored indvidual. I hope the anime shows us a little bit more about his psyche. Ryuk is cool ass Shinigami he dropped the book because he was bored sounds like something a Shinigami would do. Im looking foward to more scenes with im as well.

The best scene is ep 1 one had to be with Yagami writing all the names down followed by the people dying. That gothic music playing in the backround made that scene even more creepy and messed up.

I do have question Ryuk said that any human who uses the death note can neither go to heaven or hell. Does that mean he Yagami would go to purgatory when he died? i also thought there was no punishement for using the book so why would it effect Yagami's after life? Does it have something to do with taking life? its not the fact that hes using the book its the fact that hes killing people.
Old 2006-10-08, 21:42   Link #54
myopius

Really interesting to hear the opinions of people who haven't read the manga. I feel like this topic was 95% manga folk until Sorrow-K said that they were 1/2 of the people who hadn't read the manga--maybe that comment broke the ice.

Unfortunately, Sinestra, it's not clear from the context of this episode what Ryuk meant by a human who uses the note going to neither Heaven nor Hell.

Last edited by myopius; 2006-10-09 at 02:00.
Old 2006-10-08, 23:00   Link #55
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I do have question Ryuk said that any human who uses the death note can neither go to heaven or hell. Does that mean he Yagami would go to purgatory when he died? i also thought there was no punishement for using the book so why would it effect Yagami's after life? Does it have something to do with taking life? its not the fact that hes using the book its the fact that hes killing people.
It's somewhat of a spoiler...obviously.

Spoiler for No human who uses the Death Note can go to heaven or hell:

Overall, a pretty enjoyable first episode. I've followed and finished reading the manga already, but am just now starting to pick up the series from Tokyopop. Going back and reading the first volume now, they did take quite a few liberties with the episode. My biggest gripe would probably only be the fact that Light didn't see the Death Note falling from the sky, but rather he just kind of saw it materialise on the ground. Other than that, no major complaints.

Oh, and while most people seemed to like Light's "orchestration" scene the best, I have a different favourite. That scene was great...but overall, as a big fan ever since I read vol 1 months ago, has to be Ryuk's response when Light tells him he'll be the God of the new world. "Humans are interesting!" I just get goosebumps everytime I see that scene (at least 3 times now).

Last edited by Dark`; 2006-10-09 at 07:54.
Old 2006-10-09, 01:13   Link #56
sunny_ta
The man with the plan

Send a message via AIM to sunny_ta
I haven't touched the manga, but I loved the first ep. I can already tell this series is going to become incredibly interesting. The little dabs of humor here and there is surprising, considering the serious tone of everything., (Ryuuku is hilarious).

*waits for next ep*

Last edited by sunny_ta; 2006-10-09 at 01:26.
Old 2006-10-09, 01:26   Link #57
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Hint before you seriously consider reading the spoilers : GTO, Yes, Great Teacher Onizuka.

Spoiler for Neither Hell nor Heaven:

Hope that answers your question.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-09, 01:38   Link #58
myopius

I enjoy Death Note.
Old 2006-10-09, 02:01   Link #59
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Which is surprisingly existential when you think about it.
Old 2006-10-09, 06:40   Link #60
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Spoiler:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Closed Thread