AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Episode Rating
* 2 2.08%
** 4 4.17%
*** 26 27.08%
**** 52 54.17%
***** 12 12.50%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 19:32   Link #41
Lith Maethor

Send a message via ICQ to Lith Maethor Send a message via AIM to Lith Maethor Send a message via MSN to Lith Maethor Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Maethor
ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Let's not make it an issue out of it. Frisky lesbians in short school uniforms kicking ass is way more important right now.
note-to-self: do not read forums while drinking... bad for monitor

EDIT: and to make the post actually relevant... count me in with the akira posing as prince in takumi's place crowd... it sounds far fetched enough to be the truth
Old 2005-12-18, 19:40   Link #42
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster_Fukku
Really? The Gundam Seed style?!:O
God, hope it will be awsome!! Where did you get the news?

The news was from the character designer's site as he had mentioned on his BBS that he was currently working on artwork for the OP. I don't recall him mentioning anything about the ED but I guess would make sense to change that as well....consistency.

--Lone Wolf
Old 2005-12-18, 19:43   Link #43
Mich666

Quote:
and ep15 is named Crying Arika ^_^ The real story awaits!
Old 2005-12-18, 20:06   Link #44
atua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Don't forget the option that Akira is "filling in" for Takumi as the Prince... This has been speculated around the place.

Why? Because the preview suggests that Arika might be filling in for Mashiro too!

So we would have a fake prince dancing with a fake (?) princess, and both sides hope the other won't find out...

And of course, we would get real prince Takumi ended up on a date of a sorts with real (?) princess Mashiro, out on the streets eating icecream. It would work, in a wacked out way...
Yep, that's pretty much the way that I think the next ep is going to pan out, with Akira as the Kagemusha prince of Jipang, and Arika playing the same role for Windbloom. The preview gave way too much of the plot away...

As for the current ep, I found the plot direction that Nina "Elektra" Wong is heading increasingly disturbing. I didn't think she'd actually confess about her feelings to Arika. Sergey is a decent character, and I've liked him up to this point, so I really don't want to see a Nina/Sergey/Arika love triangle develop here.
Old 2005-12-18, 20:18   Link #45
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich666
hey, there will be new OP and/or ED in ep13, ....or it will be ep14?
Well, being as there is a break between eps 12 and 13 while Christmas and new years happen, I'd guess they'll add the new OP to ep 13 for when it starts airing again. Makes senes to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by atua
The preview gave way too much of the plot away...
What happened to the policy of posting preview comments like this in Spoilers? I didn't bother watching the preview for a reason, but have still had it ruined by people not using Spoiler tags.
Old 2005-12-18, 20:41   Link #46
ChainLegacy
廉頗

So, if Takumi is the prince, does that mean Akira is his otome? I was kind of hoping Mai would be...
Old 2005-12-18, 20:54   Link #47
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Why should Akira be an Otome? If she was someone was bound to recognize her, the Otomes are quite few in number and around Mashiro there are bound to be people from Guarderobe.
Old 2005-12-18, 21:17   Link #48
TBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
How did you figure this out? It seems so plausible that it must be what will happen next episode!
Just for anyone else who is curious, some evidence:

Spoiler for Why we think what we think about Takumi and Akira:

You know, it took me three tries to sign up again. Silly character recognition tests.
Old 2005-12-18, 21:51   Link #49
Andy00

Akira doesn't have an earring, though, does she?

No earring = Not an Otome.

We've seen the three wheel flames before, btw. On the Harmonium Organ.

Other observations. Spoilers?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Andy00; 2005-12-18 at 22:49.
Old 2005-12-18, 21:54   Link #50
Qbi Sannin

How would Nagi finding the princess make him have control of the world? And also...did ANYONE else notice that scene where Arika clutched her chest at the end when Nina was hugging Sergei? Was that heartbeat supposed to be of a jealous kind...a sick kind...or a love kind?
Old 2005-12-18, 21:55   Link #51
frodo1701
Anime Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBox
You know, it took me three tries to sign up again. Silly character recognition tests.
I feel much better now. It took me only two times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
So, if Takumi is the prince, does that mean Akira is his otome? I was kind of hoping Mai would be...
Spoiler for preview:
Old 2005-12-18, 22:02   Link #52
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:

Hey, at least unlike Seed Destiny, this series dosen't use repeat footage from the last season.
Old 2005-12-18, 22:24   Link #53
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Akira is a he this time around hmm?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2005-12-18, 22:27   Link #54
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbi Sannin
How would Nagi finding the princess make him have control of the world? And also...did ANYONE else notice that scene where Arika clutched her chest at the end when Nina was hugging Sergei? Was that heartbeat supposed to be of a jealous kind...a sick kind...or a love kind?
Mashiro is Queen of the country that contains the Otome school, I'd imagine that would be something of a grand prize to whoever could control it. Since Mashiro is - apparently - a fake, therefore if you find the 'real' princess, you have an instant foothold in that country (forced/ arranged marriage and so on).

The Otome school may be like an independant state, but remember Nina's reaction upon finding out that Mashiro was the princess in episode 1? The Otome are there to serve the kingdom, though I imagine Natsuki would have something to say about being ordered to take over the world

And I believe the heartbeat would be an indicator of Arika suddenly realising that she feels something (not necessarily love/ lust!) for Sergey.
Old 2005-12-18, 22:31   Link #55
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Of course, Akira could also be Arika's new romantic entanglement, to complicate things further between her, Nina, Sergei, Erstin and Mashiro.

...Hey, if Mai had her Harem...
And Shizuru. 'nuff said.

I'm thinking TBox is dead-on; it fits with what we see of the preview. What I'm mostly wondering about is how Akira/Arika will react to learning about one another...

And I know it doesn't apply to the original Japanese names, but they broke two unofficial character-making rules with those two names: Never, ever have two characters with the same letters in their names, and never have two characters with names starting and ending with the same letters.
Eevr raed taht atricle aobut teh barin bieng albe to raed any wrods as lnog as teh frist adn lsat letetrs saty teh same?
...writing that, there seems to be some exceptions. Oh well XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbi Sannin
I don't think it was a romantic heartbeat. I think it was her connection to Mashiro acting up. Maybe, at the time the hug happens, Mashiro just got pwnt by Mikoto's incredible bulk--
oh no, wait, Sergei's watch. Scratch that theory.
Maybe Takumi is doing something... unmentionnable to Mashiro? XD

About that, why the hell did Takumi drag Mashiro in that alley anyway?
Old 2005-12-18, 22:31   Link #56
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Akira is a he this time around hmm?
Akira is still a she....merely posing as male as per her previous role in Mai HiME.
Old 2005-12-18, 22:32   Link #57
Gage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
And I believe the heartbeat would be an indicator of Arika suddenly realising that she feels something (not necessarily love/ lust!) for Sergey.
I thought that at first, but I wonder whether it is part of the bond between her and Mashiro. We do know that if an Otome dies, the King/Queen she's bonded to dies as well. Maybe they mirror eachother in other ways as well, and she's experiencing part of something that Mashiro is experiencing?
Old 2005-12-18, 22:40   Link #58
bluegarden

i think that she realized that she has feelings for him, it was a jealous heartbeat, she saw him hugging nina
Old 2005-12-18, 22:41   Link #59
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Earrings can be removed, so it's not an impossible scenario.

I'm starting to fear Nina's character development. I used to thought that Sergey was half her life, but now I'm thinking Sergey is her entire life.

And I'm betting that knife lookalike thing behind Takumi will reveal his true identity.
Old 2005-12-18, 22:45   Link #60
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegarden
i think that she realized that she has feelings for him, it was a jealous heartbeat, she saw him hugging nina
I disagree....her expression was not one of jealousy but confusion. I believe that Arika's pendant somehow links her Mashiro (if she is indeed destined to be Mashiro's Otome) and if Mashiro is even perceived to be in danger, I'm sure the pendant's function is to make her aware of it. They DO share a life bond now, after all, as their contract is still in place.
Closed Thread