AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Episode Rating
* 2 2.08%
** 4 4.17%
*** 26 27.08%
**** 52 54.17%
***** 12 12.50%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-20, 03:44   Link #121
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Err..isn't it rather obvious that the real princess cannot be the daughter of Rena because Rena was not a Queen? So obviously anyone who thinks that Arika is Rena's daughter assumes that she cannot be the princess since the two things are contradictory.
As for her father, I think Arika is artificially created, who knows she might be Rena's clone or something like that. Although Rado being her father would be an interesting twist.
well ... to be a princess not both your parents need to be royal ... only one of them ... though then your a bastrad child ... but still ... you would be a princess if your dad was the king no matter if your mom was merried to him or not ... i still cling to my theory about that the queen was unable to get childen because of stess and then allow her otome to nulify the contact by getting a heir to the throne, which caused that she didn't have the stess anymore andgot pegent as well and she and the otome gave birth the same day ... and the Otome (Proberly Rena) got twins ... then Arika and Nina is Rena's daughters and Mashiro is the Queens daughter ... all three is princesses, and all is 'happy' ...
And then they filled a proficy of that 'if three princesses was born on the same day the organ would play' ... or something like that ... and therefore they seperated the kids and after that got attacked because black letter and black valley got a clue of what happened ...

Far fecthed yes ... but not complety unlogical
Old 2005-12-20, 04:39   Link #122
Boy Adoru

They must be triplets...

Are you saying that Nina, Arika, and Mashiro are triplets from the same mother and father? To confuse the viewership, they all got face surgery right after birth, after which they were scattered around the world? Mission accomplished, I'd say.
Old 2005-12-20, 04:47   Link #123
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

not from the same mother ... two of them is rena's childs and the 3rd are the queens ... and then they are scattered because of that they (king, queen and those close around them) know that they are the organ players and to keep them safe

and they aren't monozytgotic twins but dizygotic twins. ... which means that you don't have to look anywere near the other
Old 2005-12-20, 04:48   Link #124
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Adoru
Are you saying that Nina, Arika, and Mashiro are triplets from the same mother and father? To confuse the viewership, they all got face surgery right after birth, after which they were scattered around the world? Mission accomplished, I'd say.
Well, the classic plot device to explain what happens would be "destiny".

Or to be even more clique, there would be a prophecy of some sort, saying that the chosen three shall one day gather and bring the human race back to greatness... or some other sort of gobbledygook.

If it's good enough for Scrapped Princess, it's good enough for Mai Otome, I say.

Quote:
not from the same mother ... two of them is rena's childs and the 3rd are the queens ... and then they are scattered because of that they (king, queen and those close around them) know that they are the organ players and to keep them safe

and they aren't monozytgotic twins but dizygotic twins. ... which means that you don't have to look anywere near the other
In that case, doesn't it defeats the purpose of having Rena bearing the King's child, if the Queen is fertile?

And isn't it down right dangerous to sacrifice what is essentially the ARMY of the nation, as in the King's Otome's fighting ability, for a child? There would be other, just as trustworthy women in the court willing to perform this task who won't otherwise put the nation at risk.

To have a successor for the royal family is a matter of succession, but to lose an Otome as powerful as Rena is a matter of national security.

As such, the loss of Rena's fighting capability was almost certainly what caused Shwartz and Aswarld to attack their castle. I still fail to see what in the world would make a king decide losing his Otome's powers was anything but a bad idea.
Old 2005-12-20, 04:59   Link #125
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
In that case, doesn't it defeats the purpose of having Rena bearing the King's child, if the Queen is fertile?
well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwisher
which caused that she didn't have the stess anymore and got pregent as well
it is a semiknown fact that stress can make one unable to bear a child
Old 2005-12-20, 05:04   Link #126
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
well

it is a semiknown fact that stress can make one unable to bear a child
As I edited in my comment above, trying to have a baby is one thing, but sacrificing an Otome's powers for it is no joke.

Sure, Rena might be a trust-worthy woman for this, but isn't there other women in the court they can trust? Remember, they would lose their main source of national defence for this... And they DID get invaded.

I do hope they didn't get themselves killed and gave much suffering to the others in the castle just because they want a baby bad enough to leave the nation defenceless... That would be down-right irresponsible for rulers to do such a thing.
Old 2005-12-20, 07:10   Link #127
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yes but let us remember that the rulers of these nations are still human, and human nature will do the most illogical things if they think that there's a good enough reason for it. ^^

And for some reason, I'm leaning towards Nina being the child that Rena sent off, only because it would throw everyone off. Her circumstances are not that different from Arika's as a whole and Nina has the image of Rena's shadowed face in her mind while Arika doesn't have a clue. That and other than using Sergey, what better way to mess with Nina's head than to reveal that 'that woman's daughter' is none other than herself? ^^
Old 2005-12-20, 07:20   Link #128
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

$10k question ... why does Arika have the amulet that we see on the baby?
Old 2005-12-20, 07:40   Link #129
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Yes but let us remember that the rulers of these nations are still human, and human nature will do the most illogical things if they think that there's a good enough reason for it. ^^

And for some reason, I'm leaning towards Nina being the child that Rena sent off, only because it would throw everyone off. Her circumstances are not that different from Arika's as a whole and Nina has the image of Rena's shadowed face in her mind while Arika doesn't have a clue. That and other than using Sergey, what better way to mess with Nina's head than to reveal that 'that woman's daughter' is none other than herself? ^^
Well, if it comes to that, I would find it amusing if this is the case because :

If Nina is Sergay's biological daughter, she would get REALLY upset.

If Nina is not Sergay's biological daughter, and she tries to make a move on Sergay, would Sergay feel bad about it? Dating the daughter of the woman he loves would be... emotionally problematic for him, to say the least.

Quote:
That is not the point; the point is there is no good reason for Rena to be the chosen bearer of the child, if all they wanted was a child fathered by the king.

Something like this has to be planned, and I could not be convinced that there would be any scenario that can make Rena the chosen bearer of the child. There is no way for Rena to be the only trust-worthy woman of the right physiology who is willing to perform this task. Why her? There is just no way she would be the one chosen.
Old 2005-12-20, 10:40   Link #130
ranchan13

Quote:
$10k question ... why does Arika have the amulet that we see on the baby?
The only viable reason, she was the baby placed in the river in the first episode. That doesn't mean she is the real princess however. She could still be Rena's daughter, given the Souten to mislead the attackers away from the Princess, who is likely either Mashiro or Nina.

Isn't it possible that Arika was always a stand in for the Princess?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2005-12-20, 11:07   Link #131
PastPrime

Personally, I think that Arika's grandmother knew exactly who Arika was, and was telling her the truth when she said that her mother was an Otome. I think that means that she is Rena's daughter and not the Princess. However, it is possible that the Queen had also been an Otome. Gunderobe is in Windbloom. Maybe the eventual Queen and the Prince (at the time) had an "Akane - Kazu" type relationship and ended up eloping. Or, perhaps it was arranged that he marry her older sister and, due to unforseen events, she ended up fulfilling the contract. They made it look too much like Arika was the Princess, so she probably isn't. They made it look like Mashiro is not the real Princess, so she probably is. If not, then Nina would be the most likely candidate. By making it appear that Mashiro was a fake it would make her safe from further attacks, for a while at least. As for Arika's father. The apparent similarity between Sergey's feelings for Rena and Nina's feelings for Sergey gave me an idea. Perhaps, 14 years ago, Sergey's father held the post in Windbloom that Sergey now holds. He met, courted, and married the King's Otome. That would make Rena Sergey's stepmother and Arika his sister.
Old 2005-12-20, 13:12   Link #132
Retsoor

>> The only viable reason, she was the baby placed in the river in the first episode.

Wasn't that Nina? At least she hazily remembers Rena when she released the baby on the river. I'd say that makes her the princess. While it is likely there were two other girl-children that were sent away simultaneously, it is more probable that the royal offspring would be the charge of the royal Otome, even if a former one.

That'd give some interesting development between Artai (to which Nina is sworn) and Windbloom (to which Arika is sworn).

As to how Arika has the +5 Sapphire is anyone's guess. It is possible that Arika's supposed grandmother met the two children but Nina was later lost.
Old 2005-12-20, 13:18   Link #133
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor
>> The only viable reason, she was the baby placed in the river in the first episode.

Wasn't that Nina? At least she hazily remembers Rena when she released the baby on the river. I'd say that makes her the princess. While it is likely there were two other girl-children that were sent away simultaneously, it is more probable that the royal offspring would be the charge of the royal Otome, even if a former one.
I don't think that was Rena. I think the person who Nina remembers have a different hair color then Rena and was wearing a different set of clothes then Rena did at the beginning of ep1.
Old 2005-12-20, 13:34   Link #134
Retsoor

>>I don't think that was Rena.

The clothes are slightly different, the white part on her chest is missing in Nina's memory, but since the clothes are otherwise identical I presume this is a mistake. Hair colour is hard to tell, but Nina's memory isn't exactly high in definition and the moon shadows Rena's head. There is also a darker patch in her hair that could be the hairband she was using. Circumstancial evidence aside, she looks just like Rena.
Old 2005-12-20, 14:27   Link #135
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
If Nina is not Sergay's biological daughter, and she tries to make a move on Sergay, would Sergay feel bad about it? Dating the daughter of the woman he loves would be... emotionally problematic for him, to say the least.
This, particularly, had me rolling my eyes. Sergei dating Nina is really not going to happen, he doesn't think of her as anything more than a daughter, and never will. We know this from episode 10 when Sergei remarks about Arika 'this girl is as young as Nina', which pretty much shows he is never going to think sexually about his adopted daughter. I also think that you've got the end of the stick when it comes to Nina's feelings for Sergei, but I will need further clarification from future episodes before making an argument of it. I also doubt she is Sergei's biological daughter, just, well, it wouldn't be a plot line that would be of an advantage to Sunrise to make.

That aside, a very interesting post was made earlier about who, logically, was who in the princess, Rena's daughter and ant queen department. Very interesting, some great insights there. That was the way I saw it, I always thought that Mashiro was probably the real princess just because Sunrise is making such a big deal of making her appear the fake. I also think Nina is Rena's daughter. Though I never, ever saw Arika as some kind of biologicaly engineered Alyssa decendant, more of another link in a chain. Her as Nina's 'twin' sister I consider a possibility, making her also Rena's daughter, however unlikely it may seem.
Old 2005-12-20, 17:05   Link #136
kazekiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor

Wasn't that Nina?
It's possible that Rena saw to getting both Arika and Nina out if that figure in the flashback was her. The idea that the baby we see in episode 1 is Nina is problematic for one really big reason: The baby had the Souten, in the present Arika's got it. I'm not sure how you could work that out without things getting really convoluted.
Old 2005-12-20, 17:27   Link #137
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I know this gets away from the entire 'Princess' question but...Time for some questions about the guys (other than Sergey).

Will Takumi actually impress Mashiro enough that she begins to like him? Not 'suki suki' type like but as someone who doesn't toy around with her like Nagi does. I swear, Takumi has that 'total nice guy' bit down to a 't' and Nagi's just the opposite. ^^ They can have a lil fun with that - Mashiro trying to decide between the two - a Bad Boy vs Good Boy type thing. Of course, AKIRA might have something to do to help 'sway' her decision. ^^
Might Nagi actually feel threatened with his position with Mashiro to let a lil jealousy out?
Knowing him, he might pretend it all just to see what he can learn from her reaction... -_-
Old 2005-12-20, 18:15   Link #138
Qbi Sannin

Mebbe Rena gave Nina the jewel when she saved her...the crib turned over...which would explain her underwater dream. The jewel fell onto the bottom of the ocean and Arika's grandma picked it up or found it? Arika is Rena's daughter so when grandma found it she gave it to Arika. And Mashiro is...well I think she is the real princess. I guess I just want her to be.
Old 2005-12-20, 18:28   Link #139
killerdog

Can Any One Tell Me Where I Can Go To Download Episode 10 And 11 AND 12 Of Mia Otome I Really Want To See Them
Old 2005-12-20, 18:33   Link #140
piccolo
Anime Fan

Insights

Great insights.

It's the reason I keep coming back to see what else has come about. One comment earlier on mentioned the girls being siblings. Half-sisters, of sorts. Never quite thought about that. Plausible, but not probable. After all there is mention of only ONE princess and not two or three. Sergay would've heard the rumours if there were more, and SUNRISE would've played with it by now.

No, at this point we truly don't know whether or not Mashira is real or not, and whether or not she is made to appear as a fake just to keep us guessing. But wouldn't it be interesting though, although highly unprobable, if Arika was the real princess and Mashiro the Otome's daughter, and that the sacrifice was made to keep the future of the kingdom intact? So Arika, the real princess, wishing to become an Otome, gives up her role as queen and lets Mashiro have it. Hmm... Perhaps I am opening a pandora's box here.

All speculation, this is.
Closed Thread