AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2016-09-22, 13:52   Link #2041
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well to be honest if what holo said is really true, while laurence not was her first man he actually was the first one able to give her a children and this must be a big feat since she is alive for so many "decades or centures", this already show which for her find another suitable male human could really take a lot of more years and we really don't know how much of years she have left, cuz for what i understood while she can have a really long lifespan she is not really immortal and gonna die at one point even if her not age physically.
Well, Horo has tendencies dump people once they became too important to her (kinda "better quit while ahead" attitude), I would assume Lawrence is first guy that didn't let her do so...
Old 2016-09-29, 12:57   Link #2042
Sacredus

So... any spoilers from Spring Logs (or it had only 2 chapters that was spoiled already) and first book of new series? Also, anyone knows if YP even knows about XVIII Volume existence?
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-30, 16:47   Link #2043
endarion88

is the sequel novel planned to be licensed or i should search for fan translation?
Old 2016-10-08, 04:21   Link #2044
Sacredus

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...w-and-beer-mug
Quote:
Last month, Japan got Spice And Wolf XVIII Spring Log, a collection of the S&W epilogue with new a novella and Spice And Wolf New Theory: Wolf and Parchment, the story of Lawrence and Holo's daughter, Myuri. News out of New York Comic Con, where Yen Press is hosting author Isuna Hasekura, is that the publisher will be releasing these in North America in 2017.
Also

I just need to have this...
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 13:35   Link #2045
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well, Horo has tendencies dump people once they became too important to her (kinda "better quit while ahead" attitude), I would assume Lawrence is first guy that didn't let her do so...
well to be honest for what i remember from the beginner, horo talked about the "first biy she meet which lead her to stay in the town of the beginner, which for what she talked looked like someone where she could had some feelings and probably they could had some "afair", until he grow old and die.

to be honest i really don't believe in horo being "pure"(virgin) after all that years of life, while laurence was the one to proper really catch her heart she must had others "males" along that years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
I really would love if this could be a big sucess enough to give us 2 more seasons of the "not finished spice & wolf anime" and maybe also a anime for her daughter adventures, i still feel very sad since this anime was sucess and despise it still don't get finished and even worst second season end in that "cliff hanger", i really miss more of laurence and horo, they are one of the best anime/manga/novels couples of all times specially being of the fews honest and not being "otaku" cliche romance and a more realistic and honest romance, i really love this serie and still regret which they didn't proper finished the anime.
Old 2016-10-08, 22:31   Link #2046
Tenzen12

Feeling? Sure. Affair? Very likely. But unless she changed a lot from that time I don't see any chance for some growing old with her.

And whether she is vurgun or not. I don't see why are you even bother to state obvious.
Old 2016-10-17, 11:00   Link #2047
Blueknight78

Quote:
Feeling? Sure. Affair? Very likely. But unless she changed a lot from that time I don't see any chance for some growing old with her.

And whether she is vurgun or not. I don't see why are you even bother to state obvious.
damn bad type when writing, i was talking about the guy which she meet in the past and asked her to stay in the town where laurence meet her, some flashbacks showed her seeying him aging and finally dying, i think this was what trigged her to not get too attached to others "humans" since in her vision they span life is too short and she can find herself "alone"(without a love) too fast, for me looked like his death was what trigged her fear to get attached to humans.
Old 2016-10-17, 19:58   Link #2048
bakato

Yen Press is going to translate the sequel.
Old 2016-10-17, 21:50   Link #2049
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

LNs getting a digital release

http://yenpress.com/2016/10/yen-pres...omic-con-2016/
Old 2016-10-18, 19:00   Link #2050
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
oh this could save me the money of importing from the us
Old 2016-11-03, 17:19   Link #2051
Rinvelt
駄目人間

So, finally read and finished the 'main' series.

And I wanted to ask: what the hell did Huskins say to Lawrence at the end of volume 10?

Is it said later and I missed it?

Anyway, it was good, I really liked it. I have to say that even if the merchant side of things wasn't bad, the only reason I continued to read was Lawrence and Holo's relationship. Speaking of Holo, if Lawrence wasn't here, I wouldn't like her that much. Particulary in the SS with Klass where she teases him too much. She does the same with Lawrence, but thanks to the character himself and the development of their relationship, Holo grows on you and make you love her.

I guess I could just read Spring Log now because it's free, but might as well wait for the Yen Press translation, which will have the illustrations too. Oh, speaking of, the translation was good (Adaptation aside, which is normal) even if it had faults. People say that the fantranslation is better or the same worded differently, but I compared with the japanese and, no, the YP version is better. I guess it's kinda unfair to say this when I only compared with a few lines, but when I see such simple sentences totally wrong, I can only guess about the rest of the translation... (Don't know if it was the same translator for all the series, I only compared with volume 16)
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-10, 16:08   Link #2052
lucasdeis

so what do you think? will she ever find a new man after lawrence days? I dont think so after what she has been through specially that she will never be alone again now she's got her daughter
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-10, 18:29   Link #2053
Tenzen12

Even mourning has some limits. I think in few hundreds years or so she will meet someone. And if he is stubborn enough it might even work.
Old 2016-12-11, 23:58   Link #2054
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
so what do you think? will she ever find a new man after lawrence days? I dont think so after what she has been through specially that she will never be alone again now she's got her daughter
Quote:
Even mourning has some limits. I think in few hundreds years or so she will meet someone. And if he is stubborn enough it might even work.
yeah if the village guy which asked her to stay in the town could had to be her "first love" or at last first crush and laurence her second then we can see her being able to "love again" ofcourse you could need someone on "laurence level" or above to be able to win her heart which don't looked like really a "easy feat to anyone do at best she can have some "afairs" and banging partners but true love while not "impossible" will be hard, specially if her daughter also have the same "long life spam" of her and true loved her father she could be a "stone" on holo afairs.
Old 2016-12-12, 01:00   Link #2055
Tenzen12

I think once daughter outlive several partners herself she should became fairly understanding. We are talking talking about centuries here. We humans live barely one and yet most of us has two or three "true" loves in it's span regardless.

Well it's possible that once immortal/long lived long enough they may get into stage when they ditch romance altogether, but I doubt you can just attribute that to single partner...
Old 2017-01-24, 08:24   Link #2056
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So I finally got my hands on the new novel with Col and Myuri and skimmed through it a bit. I have to say, Myuri is one heck of a player:

Spoiler for Late volume 1:
Old 2017-01-25, 00:42   Link #2057
Tenzen12

Holo never needed straight down lie to get Lawrence do whatever she wanted, that's probably why she never bothered...
Old 2017-03-04, 09:31   Link #2058
AP24

Just a reminder that the second volume of the new series is coming out next week.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 10:57   Link #2059
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Just a reminder that the second volume of the new series is coming out next week.
Cover revealed!

Oh dear engrish!
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 02:46   Link #2060
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Oooh horo have puppy!! Yeeeah..

Tags
light novels, seinen, shounen