AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-12, 01:14   Link #861
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
I've got a couple bits of pure predictive speculation to launch off right now. Feel free to comment, critique or add your own thoughts to each prediction.

1. Miria won't miss the "golden opportunity"

Now what on earth does that mean? It means that Miria/Tabitha should be heading west shortly to help out. Why would they do that you might ask? Well, consider for a moment the literal "golden opportunity" of the upcoming fight between Alicia & Riful. With Isley dead, Miria & Tabitha now know they have all the other Ghosts out there anyways. Claire's group is already there, Helen & Deneve are on the way. Why not go west now and take out the weakened victor of the fight? The Ghosts would risk a lot less and have a lot more to gain. Either way they can wipe out the Nos 1 & 2 of the organization and even the upcoming fight tremendously. Plus the Ghosts know the weak link in Alicia's transformations: Beth. Even if they don't kill Riful or Alicia, there is a strong chance they might be able to take out Beth. The Ghosts at the moment are the faction best placed to gain from the upcoming fight.

2. "I cannot tell a lie"

-Our darling Dietrich continues to surprise us. It is now apparent that once she gets back to the Org, they're going to hear the truth finally about these "unknown parties". Rubel's lying only bought him so much time. Expect to see the Org's claymores gathered soon to fight the Ghosts. Also expect that it may not include Alicia/Beth, who will either be dead, one dead and the other totally awakened, or lucky to have survived. I expect they may die in a spectacular manner either fighting Riful, the Ghosts or a merged "Raciella"

3. Rafaela merge with Luciella's body

-Renee may not be able to figure out how to merge and awaken Rafaela with her dead sister's body, but Claire I'm sure could do it. I expect that Rafaela has either one of two things happen to her: a) merges and fully awakens, going on a rampage (less likely for reasons of plot or b) merges and only partially awakens, officially making it the Fab 5 once again (Jean, a partially awakened, died in Chapter 60).

4. Renee/Raki/Priscilla triangle

-Claire will in some way be made aware that Renee met with Raki. I have no doubt Renee will be shocked to meet a former No 47 who is far stronger than her. Due to plot purposes, the chances of Raki/Priscilla meeting Claire before she once again ventures into Riful's lair are essentially nil. What after all would be the point in Raki telling Renee about Claire if it didn't matter later?

There is a strong chance also that Renee may join up with the Ghosts, should they explain the Org's secret to her. That remains a big "if" though. If they go north to get her a new sword expect them to finally meet the new No 7.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-04-12, 03:02   Link #862
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well...Quite accurate guess. The Ghosts would never miss such a good oppurtunity like that. The Gosts' stealth ability comes very handy in a chaotic situation like this.
Abys Feeders only focuses on Riful. The Ghosts ambushes beth and then Alicia attacks everything like a real monster. Riful wins with some luck and close to her limit. Then Clare appears and finishes her off. I guess that's the fate of Norino Yagi's most awesome Awakened Being(in terms of character).
Good point in Dietrich:The first thing Helen and Deneve questions that she's wether or not a half-awakened(perhaps in a bit more subtle way). So it's quite possible that the Organisation gets the knowledge of half-awakeneds from her. If Dietrich (as many reader as myself thinks) a half-awakened then she'll become a test material for the new method of creating controllable Awakened Being.
I am still unsure about Raciella. She's the uncertainity factor in the whole upcoming fight. She could become a rampaging monster(and kill everyone in her way, or make a screen for Riful's retreat), die without doing anything(not quite possible), Clare "extrachts" Rafaela from the "mix" and savers her(interesting but somewhat cheesy), Awaken and remain sane(or slowly become one after a great rampage...the super abyssal's birth), Clare manages to half-awaken her(We've got Raciella as a new member of the ghosts then)
About the Raki/Clare/Priscilla/Rene reunion: Probably Raki'll come as the last element. Priscilla may turn to awakened form and tries to stop the rampaging Raciella(if she really is going rampage). Rene probably shocked by the so called No. 47 Clare, but i hardly can imagine Rene's survival in that chaos.The Raki and Clare reunion depends on Raciella's behaviour(heck...she really is the main uncertainity factor in the whole "game")
Old 2009-04-12, 10:45   Link #863
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Wow! Like your Hellsing avatar @willyvereb.
Old 2009-04-12, 21:51   Link #864
Supermutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post
I completely agree. I don't like Dietrich's name, mainly cuz it's a guy's name. It doesn't fit her cuteness
I thought Dietrich could also be a girl's name.
Old 2009-04-13, 09:56   Link #865
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
I think Dietrich is the incorrect translation. Dietra is the female version of that name so maybe that is what she is supposed to be called.
Old 2009-04-13, 17:01   Link #866
Fantaghiro

@ hell88: If it isn´t a fantasy name made up by Yagi, then it´s most likely to be Dietlinde. Dieta (without the r) would also be possible.^^

@ revan5:
I agree with most of your assumptions. But I doubt Miria would make it to Riful´s place in time.

And attacking Beth while Alicia is still in an awakaned state would produce another Abyssal one even more threatening than Riful (who´s reasonable at least to some extend) with a primitive mind, as A&B both are probably stuck with the mind of a five year old.
(Remember when Galatea meets them after the war of Pieta while they´re taking out the leftover AB´s? When she attempts to speak to them, Eremita(?) even advises her against it as it would be useless.)

As for Dietrich, I really hope for her that her MIB isn´t Rubel, otherwise she´s done for.
But I´ve thought of that possibility before as the last mission she was send on was quite dangerous (and similar to the ones Clare, Miria, Helen and Deneve were send to) and she would probably be dead by now if H&D wouldn´t have interfered.

Why should the Org send anyone on a risky mission if not necessary when they´re short on warriors? (I assume that because of Clarice receiving a rank and other Claymore s´comments on it)
Especially someone with an important role in the Org such as Dieta? ô.O
I smell something fishy here.

Maybe Rubel was already trying to get rid of her?
She might be very loyal but she could be a treat to him as she seems to be very sharp.
Or she is a halfawakened too. Her rank is quite low despite her abilities which might be a result of a sudden increase in power obtained by halfawakening.

This would also explain why she wasn´t surprised by Deneve going over her limit (she must have felt it, as she was able to follow the events from outside the town good enough to jump in at the right moment to save Helen.)

Maybe that´s also why she felt some kind of connectivity towards the ghosts that made her deliver the message to Rabona. She had already repaid her dept by saving Helen and Deneve from the zombies so why else would she have agreed to it?

To obtain more information? She already learned about Miria´s whereabouts when H&D asked her to deliever their message. She wouldn´t have to agree with it, as it could have gotten her unneccesary danger. (The ghost might have hindered her from leaving Rabona)
Old 2009-04-13, 17:08   Link #867
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Well I guess we will never really know about her name unless Yagi comes out and says, "ha! you have all been translating it wrong!"

This also makes me wonder about Renee's name. First it was Lune, then Rune, then Rene, and after it was Renee. Does not make since to me.
Old 2009-04-13, 17:31   Link #868
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Well.. Rubel's name is supposidly Louvre...I don't see many using that.
Dauf is supposidly Dolph... again.. not many using it.

I think Deitrich's name is Deirdre... maybe not. Don't know.
Old 2009-04-14, 03:37   Link #869
ThoHell

Anyone fully understand what Claymore Omake is about? I just noticed 2 chapters released, or should I say 2 text of a plot/character summary. It has my mind going.... was interesting to see everyone's power rating and stuff. Teresa has no rival period.... according to the scale that is and I'm sure to all the Teresa lovers as well.
Old 2009-04-14, 05:23   Link #870
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

It's the databooks, that shrimpy promised to fully translate some time back if i recall correctly they are basically databooks 1 and 2, though i think there are 3 in total. Please refer to the power/statistics level and theory thread, page 1...

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2009-04-16, 00:22   Link #871
graywolf202

Just found something interesting in Wikipedia.

Athena, Greek war- and hunter-goddess (among other things), has owl-gray or sea-gray eyes.

And she was said to be consortless, ie virgin. Not that it matters.
Old 2009-04-16, 00:24   Link #872
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf202 View Post
Just found something interesting in Wikipedia.

Athena, Greek war- and hunter-goddess (among other things), has owl-gray or sea-gray eyes.

And she was said to be consortless, ie virgin. Not that it matters.
Which Claymore is related to Athena? or her name?

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-04-16, 06:49   Link #873
BishounoTeresa
bitch in the shell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
Well I guess we will never really know about her name unless Yagi comes out and says, "ha! you have all been translating it wrong!"

This also makes me wonder about Renee's name. First it was Lune, then Rune, then Rene, and after it was Renee. Does not make since to me.
Doesn't make sense to me either, but when you look at it a lot of claymore character names are being translated or spelled differently: Ilena/Ilene/Irene; Rigald/Rigaldo/Rigard/Rigardo; Dauf/Duff/Dolf; Rubel/Ruvel/Louvre???

and basically everyone is using whatever they like the most to call them, but why all of the sudden everyone made such a fuss about Dietrich, cuz it's supposedly a male name? Well maybe someone forgot to tell Yagi that or the translators just messed up ( no offence guys! ).

*The darkness will rise from the deep
And carry you down into sleep...*
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day to make you like everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting...
Old 2009-04-16, 08:18   Link #874
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishounoTeresa View Post
Doesn't make sense to me either, but when you look at it a lot of claymore character names are being translated or spelled differently: Ilena/Ilene/Irene; Rigald/Rigaldo/Rigard/Rigardo; Dauf/Duff/Dolf; Rubel/Ruvel/Louvre???

and basically everyone is using whatever they like the most to call them, but why all of the sudden everyone made such a fuss about Dietrich, cuz it's supposedly a male name? Well maybe someone forgot to tell Yagi that or the translators just messed up ( no offence guys! ).
Well to be honest, Dietrich's case is different from the rest. Ilena is a girl name so is Ilene and Irene. Rigald is a boy's name and so are the other alterations etc etc etc.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-04-16, 08:52   Link #875
BishounoTeresa
bitch in the shell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post
Well to be honest, Dietrich's case is different from the rest. Ilena is a girl name so is Ilene and Irene. Rigald is a boy's name and so are the other alterations etc etc etc.
What I meant was that a lot of names in claymore were at some point translated differently, so it is possible that it's the same case with Dietrich Or as I said before, someone might have forgot to tell Yagi that it's supposedly a guy's name.

*The darkness will rise from the deep
And carry you down into sleep...*
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day to make you like everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting...
Old 2009-04-17, 04:13   Link #876
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Or Dietrich is the first of a new generation of male warriors.
Old 2009-04-17, 10:51   Link #877
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Or Dietrich is the first of a new generation of male warriors.
I'm sure that Yagi made a mistake! Rachel is the one who should be called Dietrich
Old 2009-04-21, 16:47   Link #878
amarillis
YokiSupressor

We need a help of Claymore fans in Japan,)))..So Dietrich or Deirdre?..
Old 2009-04-23, 00:43   Link #879
Fantaghiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
I'm sure that Yagi made a mistake! Rachel is the one who should be called Dietrich
XDDDDDDDDD You have a point there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarillis View Post
We need a help of Claymore fans in Japan,)))..So Dietrich or Deirdre?..
I didn´t think of this name yet. So we have:

Spoiler for character obsessed rambling:
Old 2009-04-23, 15:57   Link #880
amarillis
YokiSupressor

( Please ,do not laugh! ) For me the name Deneve was a little bit strange too,I have never seen such a name bevor)).So ,I immediatly thought about french actress Catherine Deneuve .So mit Dietrich ,claro!,was a idea about Marlene Dietrich..(Was probably only because both are so beautiful and soooo blond.)
Closed Thread