AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-10, 15:36   Link #41
Dernhelm
High on Jin

lol, the person i talked to didn't mention it (she's a member of that group) but it's joint with KEFI *much much love to KEFI that's working hard on the manga now with releases almost everyday ^.^*

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 15:41   Link #42
Dernhelm
High on Jin

there's a thread already for this in the General Anime section. it hasn't been moved here yet, and it was there because the thread started when there aren't still fansubs available for it (way before the premiere date even). well, there is still no sign of fansubs for this yet either.

Old 2006-10-13, 16:23   Link #43
koenosaki

hmmm it seems no one is interested in reorn!

seems they'll make the same mistake as they did with the manga. Deciding not to do it, because it means nothing. Oh that vognola rings arc seems interesting. Let's subs this thing...

Sub this nowwwwww, it's as worthy as naruto, bleach, d. gray-man and all stop subbing kanon,... (one group with those series is enough)
koenosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 23:16   Link #44
Dernhelm
High on Jin

yeah i know, the person i mentioned before sure is taking long. ;^;
lol! i think the raw for episode 2 is even out already!

Old 2006-10-16, 06:02   Link #45
koenosaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dernhelm View Post
yeah i know, the person i mentioned before sure is taking long. ;^;
lol! i think the raw for episode 2 is even out already!
There's no info about a group going to do katekyo hitman reborn! because if not, they are really stupid not doing it. This is a action-shounen potential guys, it's even popular in japan, it's the second place on the table of contents (it's popular)...

And now two episodes far, no group is doing this weekly. Lame, kanon and death not even d. gray-man are done by "billions" of group. Shame on you, subbers
Old 2006-10-16, 06:18   Link #46
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

^

Look at One Piece, Eyeshield 21, Yakitate Japan, Gintama.

I'm more afraid about the prospects of the apparently non-existent Kekkaishi subbers more than anything. I know many who are turned off by it's episodic slice-of-Kekkaishi-life pace.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 06:26   Link #47
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Reborn was actually voted first - most popular - in the upcoming Jump issue. It's been really popular for a while now... but Nightengale is totally right. One Piece goes without saying, but both Gintama and (considerably moreso) Eyeshield 21 have done very well in the Jump magazine.

*sigh*
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 07:45   Link #48
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
There's no info about a group going to do katekyo hitman reborn! because if not, they are really stupid not doing it. This is a action-shounen potential guys, it's even popular in japan, it's the second place on the table of contents (it's popular)...

And now two episodes far, no group is doing this weekly. Lame, kanon and death not even d. gray-man are done by "billions" of group. Shame on you, subbers
i talked to someone who promised they would. if you know KEFI, the manga translators, they're doing it in collab with them. she just didn't mention to me what the name of her group was (she's a translator), and i didn't want to put the pressure either. you know how it is with translators, they're doing this for free and don't want to be badgered about releases.

Old 2006-10-16, 10:07   Link #49
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

KEFI? Then all is well in the end.

It's such a shame some of the shining gems in this season won't make it to translation.

This is a crazy series. It's fluff, yet, it also has its dark element, nonsensical (in a good way), it just makes me laugh. I love Hitman Reborn.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 11:09   Link #50
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
hmmm it seems no one is interested in reorn!

seems they'll make the same mistake as they did with the manga. Deciding not to do it, because it means nothing. Oh that vognola rings arc seems interesting. Let's subs this thing...

Sub this nowwwwww, it's as worthy as naruto, bleach, d. gray-man and all stop subbing kanon,... (one group with those series is enough)
I totally agree with you. What is wrong with fansub groups to think they're doing someone a favor to sub something for the 5th time? I'll be really sad if this show gets neglected like Gintama. It's just as good as the other popular Jump titles, if not better. ~_~

But it should be much easier to translate than Gintama so hopefully a sub will roll our way soon... until then I'll sit here watching 5 @#$^ different versions of Kanon. -_-
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 15:16   Link #51
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
But it should be much easier to translate than Gintama so hopefully a sub will roll our way soon... until then I'll sit here watching 5 @#$^ different versions of Kanon. -_-
I'm sure if KyoAni was involved with Hitman Reborn then we would have had 5 different group fansubbing this show as well. Kanon deserves it! Besides, the fansubbers are fans as well. If a show doesn't appeal to them there is no reason for them to sub it. That's why I feel they are indeed doing a favor to a correspoding group of fans of any show by subbing it, and by releasing them to the general public.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 16:24   Link #52
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I'm sure if KyoAni was involved with Hitman Reborn then we would have had 5 different group fansubbing this show as well. Kanon deserves it! Besides, the fansubbers are fans as well. If a show doesn't appeal to them there is no reason for them to sub it. That's why I feel they are indeed doing a favor to a correspoding group of fans of any show by subbing it, and by releasing them to the general public.
What is KyoAni? :O

I think it's good for a subber to sub what interests them, and 2 different versions are a sub are good for different peoples' preferences, but 5 is overkill. ^^; I think all of the groups who are interested in a show should all come together to produce one fast and well-done sub rather than 5 versions of the same thing. Or accept the fact that a show is over-subbed and take it as a chance to broaden their horizons by taking on another project. Or pay tribute to the many forgotten anime series out there who have no subs at all. ^^; I am tempted to call that kind of behavior selfish, but that's not true either (since after all it's good that they give their time to produce ANY sub in the first place). But 90% of the time shows I like are stalled or not subbed at all so after awhile it gets irritating to see other shows over-subbed ^^;

Erk, I'm getting way off topic...! Anyway, I noticed the Reborn! manga in English on a shelf at a local Borders. How's the translation? I hope it's not edited like Gintama's translation or terrible like Prince of Tennis's translation (I seriously don't think whoever is in charge of the PoT translation even TRIES) ...
Old 2006-10-16, 18:07   Link #53
koenosaki

man, it seems lots of people agree with me... But it seems less subbers are reading this. I hope the best for weekly subs, even it's dattebayo (mirc unlike fansubbing). But I'll be right: same mistake as manga... Maybe someone should post latest pictures of chapters to convince
Old 2006-10-16, 23:43   Link #54
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
What is KyoAni? :O
KyoAni is short for Kyoto Animation, an anime production company, who are pretty new in the anime producing scene. Among the fans of animated TV series who really appreciate excellent animation, Kyoto Animation is a huge name. They have produced shows like Air, Full Metal Panic The Second Raid, Suzumiya Haruhi, and now, Kanon which are all filled with breath taking animation. Aside for their prominence in producing spectacular animated TV series, they are also very very good at selecting the right combination of Voice Actors for the key characters, good music, and for setting up tone to drive home certain atmosphere a story of the show is intending to generate. All in all, they are pretty much defining a new standard for what an animated TV series can be. Give any of those series a try if you haven't seen them already!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 00:45   Link #55
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
KyoAni is short for Kyoto Animation, an anime production company, who are pretty new in the anime producing scene. Among the fans of animated TV series who really appreciate excellent animation, Kyoto Animation is a huge name. They have produced shows like Air, Full Metal Panic The Second Raid, Suzumiya Haruhi, and now, Kanon which are all filled with breath taking animation. Aside for their prominence in producing spectacular animated TV series, they are also very very good at selecting the right combination of Voice Actors for the key characters, good music, and for setting up tone to drive home certain atmosphere a story of the show is intending to generate. All in all, they are pretty much defining a new standard for what an animated TV series can be. Give any of those series a try if you haven't seen them already!
Ohh, I see. I figured it was an animation studio or artist or something ^^; I've seen parts of all of those shows and their animation is quite impressive (though everything else is.. eheheh, I didn't really like any of those shows but the animation was quite nice).

Too bad Shonen Jump series don't usually get very good animation for the TV series. ^^; Though the Prince of Tennis OVAs have some wonderful Production I.G. work going for them.

I wonder how long the Reborn anime will stretch. They have 12~13 volumes to work with now... so I wonder how long before they catch up or end it.
Old 2006-10-17, 00:55   Link #56
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Heh, popular Shonen Jump series NEVER gets good TV series animation simply because they are too long. And the PoT OVAs doesn't count since OVAs almost always have better animation than their respective TV series, and they don't have some obligation to churn out weekly releases too.

Kyoto Animation is indeed a good studio in terms of animation quality (( Though I don't think they can do that should they start multi-tasking animes, in which studios like Sunrise and Madhouse can still churn out good quality with 4/5 animes at a time...Kyoto Animation's probably still too small to do that. )), but I don't think they are capable of retaining animation quality/consistency should they intend to break over 50 episodes of a particular weekly series.

Reborn will surely touch the Mukorou/Kokuyo arc as evident by the OP, and frankly, I can see them doing the Vongola Rings Arc too.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 14:48   Link #57
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

I hate the @reborn@ at the start.
but after watched the anime...i likes it..XD
PS:the main chara looks just likes the one from eyeshield21¬
chison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 19:23   Link #58
Dernhelm
High on Jin

yeah, just look at this fanart i saw of a Japanese fan

LOL, it had me confused even with the name written there

Old 2006-10-20, 08:02   Link #59
koenosaki

any news of a group who'll be doing this... or can we expect a 21th group doing kanon2006...

WAKE UP-> subs this subbers....
Old 2006-10-21, 08:16   Link #60
Dernhelm
High on Jin

i watched the raw lol. start (of the series) seems slow ^^U

Tags
shounen, supernatural